1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ryan Tannehill Top 10 qb?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dirtylandry, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Seriously, just stop for a second. Forget it is me you're talking to.

If I said Thill had horrible receivers for the first few years, you would and have called that an excuse.
    If I said Thill had a horrible line from then till last year, you would and have called that an excuse.

How can there be a discussion with that? Honestly?

On the flip side:

If I said Thill had horrible receivers for the first few years then you explained how and why the receivers weren't terrible.

OR

If I said Thill had a horrible line from then till last year, then you explained how and why they weren't terrible.

...we would actually be able to have a discussion.

Can you see that?

miami365 and resnor like this.
  2. shamegame13

shamegame13 Madison & Surtain

Dec 15, 2014
    Ok, so stop praising Tannehill like he is top 10. ELITE QBs also deal with these things but they are elite so they go unnoticed, for example, just cause Aaron Rodgers is killing defenses don’t mean that everything is perfect inside his offense, he’s just better than Tannehill and can work through it.

YOU CANT HAVE THE “REASONS” FOR POOR PLAY AND ALSO HAVE THE PRAISE OF A ELITE QB. That’s a straight up contradiction.

Understand?

3. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You still don't get it.

There are number of people who do not think Thill is very good and back their point up with facts, reason, etc. Then there's you and the Dirty Landrys, who think Hitler was a communist.

You're a lost cause and you WILL go the way of all lost causes that have come through here. Mark it down.

4. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    You mean outside of dolphins fans (Tannehill homers), pretty much 90% of NFL fans would be indifferent towards Tannehill due to his mediocrity.

I live in Philly area and I can’t even bring up the fact that I’m a Phins fan with excitement without the “is Tannehill still your QB?”

Your perception of Tannehill is wrong with how he is viewed amongst most NFL fans and pundits.

He’s average.
    He’s mediocre.
    He’s getting old.
    He’s a vet.
    He’s still average.
    He’s middle of the pack.

No NFL fans spend their Sunday’s ever talking about “the great and mighty Tannehill, he is sooo darn good”. This only happens with Phins fans. I can’t wait to hopefully draft or sign an upgrade.

Please, please draft Lamar Jackson if he falls Miami. Please. We need that cornerstone in our franchise I have waited a long time for. If only we drafted Russell Wilson instead this would be a non issue. I’m tired of drafting something every year because “Tannehill needs it”. He is not worth building around. Find a QB that will make it work.

5. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    This is precisely my point.

You are literally incapable of discussion or debate.

eltos_lightfoot and resnor like this.
  6. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    I gave you the options. I’m done responding to you now.

7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Options? WTF are you talking about?

I hope your done with posting now.

resnor likes this.
  8. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    1) stop quoting me

2) put me on ignore

And I know your hoping that. Who needs truth about Tannehill being average?

*please put your Tannehill blinders on before entering website or you will be banned* -Fin D

9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I've explained to you more than once that is not the case. I want you to make a real argument.

The question now becomes...why do you refuse to make a real argument and/or address anything I've actually said?

10. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    1) season by season stats = average
    2) career stats = average/forgettable
    3) he plays the game like he is mediocre
    4) needs too much around him to be considered more then average

Tannehill has taken too much of my time now, I just want a new QB with upside and the possibility we land an Elite one excites me. Tannehill can play out his contract until we find him, I don’t care about that, I just want to be out there looking for the better player because Tannehill sure isn’t the “end all, be all” of QBs and he really isn’t even close. Lamar Jackson would do the trick if you wanted a player I believe would be a better option over Tannehill. Is Tannehill the worse QB ever? Not by a long shot. Is he Elite? Not by a long shot. Is he average? Boom. Nail on the head. He’s a bridge QB like Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, etc., not bad players but you don’t build around them. You build the team until you find the guy that’s better. I’m ready to start hunting like KC did last year getting Mahomes. Alex Smith is better then Tannehill so if they can do it, so can we.

my opinion is more common on a national scale, your opinion is more popular on these forums (should we really be surprised?) and anyone with a differing view, you do your best to try to get them banned... this is seriously my last post to you. Do what you gotta do. Enjoy life. Go Phins!

Drizzy likes this.
  11. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I'll give you points for making something closer to a real argument then you had been making. It is a good starting point at least.

12. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    Or maybe because Tannehill has done nothing to warrant that kind of attention.

13. DHitchens

DHitchens Active Member

Aug 12, 2017
    If they don't, they should. When passer rating differential for example is associated with 85% of the variation in win percentage in the league since 2004, that statistic can easily tell us how important quarterbacking and pass defense are, and that information can be used to make smarter personnel decisions.

14. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Remember that one time when people were claiming that it was Fin D and my fault for the Tannehill arguments?

LMAO.

I member.

eltos_lightfoot, miami365 and Fin D like this.
  15. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    Under that logic, so did Brock Osweiler.

16. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Prepridge Farm remembers too

17. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Different team too.

A team that promptly cut him the next year.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  18. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Kind of a common theme.

Ive never seen anyone who habitually will take someones sentence and translate it into his own words, then pass it as fact.

It's strange, I have a hard time even understanding how someone does that so often.

You really could say "Ryan struggled early in the year last season" and you know what you would get back??

"Oh you said Ryan was horrible last season"

Im not even joking, it is literally the oddest thing Ive ever seen in my life in anything involving grown ups.

Dolphin North and shamegame13 like this.
  19. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You just don't like being called out for being a hypocrite or lying.

20. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    Or.....

You are just bad at message boards.

So either half the board are liars and hypocrites, or you make **** up. Because you are in a constant battle with someone and don't seem capable of a decent conversation.

That's not me being mean, its me being honest.

Putting words in peoples mouth is a flaw of yours. Own it, maybe even try and fix it.

Steve-Mo and shamegame13 like this.
  21. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    It's not half. Not even close. There's a handful of you who are just full of crap and don't like being called out for it.

You'll probably start acting like I attacked you in this thread.

eltos_lightfoot likes this.
  22. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    Nah, I'm not a snowflake.

shamegame13 likes this.
  23. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    See this is what m talking about. You jump into a thread that had nothing to do with you to complain about how I've upset you, then act like you aren't bothered by stuff.

24. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    What?

Buddy, i love ya as a fellow Phins fan....but your mind really takes weird turns.

You neither bothered ME or offended ME. Where did you get that?

25. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You came into this thread to complain about me. You wouldn't have done that if I didn't bother you.

26. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    Don’t plan on losing any sleep, but I do wish you would take a step back and realize you aren’t perfect, and maybe your interpretations are not always valid.

Just trying to help the site.

27. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Again, you think because you declare something, it is true no matter what else you say. If you declared McDonalds to be the best restaurant on the planet, then went on a years long argument about how Burger King is better and all the ways you prefer it to Mcdonalds, and someone said you actually think Burger King is better than McDonalds, you'd accuse them of misinterpreting you.

Look, you asked me in Club if I would change my opinion about Wallace being the problem with the long ball if Aqua, after doing his research, found the problem to be Thill. I said yes, without hesitation. I asked if you would change your mind, you said "it will take lotsa gifs I didn’t notice before to get me to say “this is Wallace’s fault” (which is not a yes), argued why the problem was Thill, and then you said you'd listen (which is not a yes) then said you've seen enough football to know what you're talking about. And somehow, in your mind that is you being open minded and think I'm crazy for pointing out that is NOT being open minded. It is bizarre and not because of my interpretation. Maybe you don't understand words.

Another example.....you saying I think I'm perfect. That is FAR from the truth. Again, I'm actually open to be being proven wrong and have admitted when I've been proven wrong on a number of things numerous times. If I misunderstand someone or am not clear when I say something I apologize. Hell, I even did that earlier this week to Dirty Landry before he was banned. I even admit when I'm wrong on big things I've argued for awhile, like Philbin. You never do any of that. So much so, you won't even agree to admit you were wrong if the evidence shows you were like above. Furthermore, if you and I are arguing, that means we both think we are right and the other isn't. Yet, in your ego driven mind, that makes me argumentative and thinking I'm perfect while you're open minded. Hypocritical at best, delusional a worst. Numerous people have the same problem with you. The people that have the biggest problems with me, are the Hot Take Brigade, like Landry....and you. Interesting, no?

If you want to improve the site, you'd allow for the evidence to prove you wrong, stop trying to pick fights with me every chance you get, stop being a hypocrite and/or a liar and drop the ego a few degrees.

You won't though, because again, I just proved those things about you to be true, but we all know you won't admit any of it.

FTR, this is the last I'll say on the matter.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    eltos_lightfoot, resnor and miami365 like this.
  28. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015

^^^^^
    Case in point.

And I can give you a laundry list of things I’ve been wrong about in the past, it doesn’t bother me to be wrong because nobody is always right in evaluating football. And that’s a fact.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  29. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Gentlemen... THIS IS THE WAR ROOM!!!! We can't allow any fighting in here!........ Or maybe we need a good picture of a nasty snot flinging troll!!! What is happening?

This thread is beginning to sounds like some of the old hate/anger/ego filled stuff from the past - a little more dignified in language, perhaps... but, still.. MAD!!! And someone is bloviating about stuff claimed with no more backing than a padded bra! IGNORE!!!

TTFN!!!

KeyFin likes this.