1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ryan Tannehill Video "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by LandShark13, Sep 12, 2012.

1. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    I put together a Video (In HD) of RTs 1st start that contains all aspects of his performance. Good bad and Ugly.

[video=youtube_share;UWkqVecz0Ok]http://youtu.be/UWkqVecz0Ok?hd=1[/video]

shouright, Two Tacos, Colmax and 14 others like this.
  2. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Well done.

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Good job..hope you do it every week.

He just needs to relax so he can start seeing the play unveil.

4. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    I'd like to see him negotiate the pocket a little better. He left Long out to dry on the holding call by not climbing the pocket and he didn't step into the misfire to Armstrong on the dig route. We've already beaten the tipped passes to death so I wont go there.

More rollouts and bootlegs would be appreciated but that's a play calling issue. I thought his reads were good for the most part, his accuracy needs to improve though. Having WRs that can create some separation would help. He seems to have "get the ball out" ingrained into his brain, which is good. But there are times when he will have to keep the play alive with his feet to give his guys time to uncover if the initial patterns don't come open.

Stringer Bell and Hiruma78 like this.
  5. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Just reminding everyone that's his 20th start IIRC in the last 2+ plus years not counting the preseason.

6. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I was watching Russell Wilson's game, and why he doesn't have the problem of batted balls, its the little extra space he creates, thru his athleticism, on his drop and his movement within the pocket, he creates more space to throw thru his natural ability to create space.

Something me and CK were talking about in another thread was how he is not transitioning from stand up pocket passer to his instinctive mobility, hoping that that quality is in that repertoire.

GMJohnson likes this.
  7. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    It really bothered me that Fouts kept saying Tannehill overthrew Clay and Fasano just happened to be there to catch it when the more likely scenario was he was throwing to Fasano the entire time.

8. TotoreMexico

TotoreMexico Your retarded

Jan 4, 2008
    Mexico
    Awesome video man, thanks!

9. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    It looked like a rub or switch type concept and I'm pretty sure he was throwing to Fasano.

Ophinerated likes this.
  10. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    Take a look at the Deep Ball he threw to Hartline (near the end of the Good section) wand watch how badly Fascano was held. It was a mugging heh.

About the 9 Min mark.

Ophinerated likes this.
  11. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    RT said in his presser today that "there isn't much you can do about the tipped passes", attributed it mainly to the talents of Watt..said he'll try some things "but there really isn't much you can do"

12. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I really hope Jorvorski stays dedicated and keeps the weight off. I'd really love to see that kid be our playmaking fullback for several years alongside Tannehill.
    I also saw a few plays where J Martin played pretty well vs Watts.
    Love to see in 5 years, our younguns - Tannehill, Pouncey, Martin, Jorvoski and Egnew all playing well together, throw in Bess.

13. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Watching the coaches film I have to say RT left some big plays out there. I wont blame him he may have been coached to get the ball out quickly.

[​IMG]

Its only one play but I saw a few others like it. Fasano is wide open but RT is locked onto the underneath route. And so is the defender. Yes he has pressure in his face but a a soft lob between the X and the A in Texans is probably a TD.

Stringer Bell and Ophinerated like this.
  14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    It really looked like he was coached to play fast..didn't recognize him.

15. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    good video.
    The multiple frames of him with his shirt off were a little creepy though.