1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saints offering up Jammal Brown to get to Dorsey

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by PerfectTeam, Apr 25, 2008.

1. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    The New Orleans Saints are trying hard to move up in Saturday's draft for a shot to draft defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey of LSU, and one of the pieces they are shopping in a trade is left tackle Jammal Brown, according to a league source.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10797100

Kind of surprising they are willing to give up Brown to move up for Dorsey. I think it fills hole one making another. Interesting none the less.

2. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    They already have a replacement for Brown on their roster. I think in the end the Saints will end up with Dorsey or Ellis, which will help them immensely.

3. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    who is Browns replacement?

4. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    I know last year they were talking about moving Zach Strief, the kid from Northwestern into the starting lineup. I think he would be the starter. Or they could draft someone I suppose.

If I was the GM of the Saints, I would do all I could to get either Dorsey or S. Ellis.

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Hmm, that could be tempting for the Rams. The Chiefs need a LT badly as well, but unless Gholston and Long are both gone its hard to imagine them passing. They should be able to get Otah, WIlliams or Albert at the 17. The Jets have Fergie, though Brown might tempt the Pats, but they usually prefer picks over players.