1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saint's Row 2 - Dated

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by mor911, Apr 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
  2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I agree with you. But I thought player models have always been crappy in GTA.

3. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    4 does look like it stepped it up a bit

4. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Idaho
    This game will get alot more attention once gta4 passes over.

5. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Idaho
    Yea I agree I think 4 stepped up some of the model quality which is good. Which I mean that goes with next gen but they are more realistic looking than before.

6. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    I don't think Saints Row 1 & past GTA's can even make for a "fair" comparison. I mean, it's Next Gen vs. ps2/360 in that case. Comparing GTA IV (first next-gen GTA game) to Saints Row 1 is a better discussion, and we can have that one on the 29th.

I am a GTA fanboy, and I do believe that GTA IV will be the greatest game ever made until the next GTA in 2009 or 2010. However, Saints Row was my first "next gen" game before switching over to PS3 in January of 2007. It was fun, but the story mode was absolutely HORRIFIC. It got to the point where I didn't even want to do the missions -- I mean, the developers were dumb enough to have repetitive missions without forcing you to play them since the entire world is open from the start. GTA's story modes are always a step above amazing.

Nonetheless, I'll be purchasing Saints Row 2 to have something to play once I need a break from GTA IV. Saints Row got boring pretty quickly, though. As long as it lasts me until Resistance: Fall Of Man 2, then I'm good.

GTA IV will be a game that I'll be playing in April 2009.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  7. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I disagree... I think that games can be compared to games period. Being on a PS2 might limit a game graphically, but not creatively.

God of War 2 was probably the best action adventure game I've played in years. There still hasn't been a PS3, 360, Wii, or other console to touch it. And that was a PS2 game.

8. High Definition

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    But then you have to factor in the fact that the developers of Saints Row basically watched everything Rockstar did, and attempted to learn from their mistakes. It's easier to re-create something that's already been done, or at least something similar.

I liked Saints Row's freedom -- the fact that you can do whatever the hell you want with your character and his surroundings. Saints Row 2's step up in customization seems even more exciting. However, GTA IV's game play will be far superior, IMO. Euphoria looks amazing, and if Saints Row 2 returns to that same ragdoll engine from Saints Row 1, then it won't even be close as far as physics are concerned.

The little things mean so much in these games. My biggest Saints Row turn off was how ******ed it looks when you hit someone with a car and they fly up into the air. Euphoria's character movement is beyond amazing, as well as the environment where you're never supposed to see the same thing twice. The RAGE game engine will be amazing.

9. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Agreed. Everyone knows Saints is a GTA clone. There's no doubt about that. There's no denying that. But unlike most clones, Saints Row actually improved on the formula. The shooting/aiming system of the old GTA was it's biggest downfall. Saints made a better one. It was actually enjoyable to shoot stuff in Saints.

I have no doubt that GTA4 will (again) create a new level of expectations in the free roaming and crime genres.

10. High Definition

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    I agree. The target/shooting system in past GTA's have been ***. Thankfully, along with the physics, that seems to be the biggest improvement with GTA IV. Reviewers call the cover system "Gears Of War-like" -- can't wait.

Saints Row 2 will be less of a serious game, but I'm sure it's going to be fun as well.

I'm glad THQ succeeded with their GTA clone. This way, GTA will have to improve with every game now. Won't end up like Madden where it's the only professional football game around, so the developers don't care whether or not each game improves significantly.