1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Salguero: Caserio wanted to clean house

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Serpico Jones, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Not worse than Wanny

2. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Well, not yet anyway.

3. CantinaJack

CantinaJack New Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Washington DC
    its funny how the media is spinning it that no one wanted the job at all because we are such a sorry franchise. Its not as embarressing if it's basically Ross laying down the law (as stupid as the law may be) and them not fitting his criteria.

Again, Ross did things backwards... Just like the Jim Harbaugh ordeal... You don't expect to get a top GM candidate if you arent offering top GM candidate power. Ross is an idiot.

4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Ok, here's a list of teams whose GM does NOT have carte blanche to fire the HC:

- Jets
    - Browns
    - Steelers
    - Texans
    - Colts
    - Titans
    - Broncos
    - Chiefs
    - Chargers
    - Giants
    - 49ers
    - Seahawks
    - Rams

So 13 of 31 other teams have a power set up where the GM does not have the ability to fire the HC. The Pats (which Belichick is HC & GM), the Cowboys (Jerry Jones is the owner and GM), the Bengals (Mike Brown is owner and GM) all have starnge set ups that don't really count towards the GM hire/fire HC or not. Then when you factor out the Eagles, the Bucs & the Lions, because we don't know what their structure is we are now left with 25 teams that don't have either a combo hc/gm or owner/gm and we know what their structure is. Half of those teams don't let the GM fire the HC.

Can we stop crying about this aspect now?

MrClean likes this.
  5. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT

So you don't think there is any difference between Idzik's level of power to change the coach and Hickey's? I'm not saying Idzik has the ability to can Ryan carte blanche. But he does factor into the process.

ToddPhin likes this.
  6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    No I don't. Either the HC can be hired and fired by the GM or he can't.

Again, people are acting like if the GM wanted the HC fired he would be powerless...and he isn't. The GM can convince his boss to fire the HC and hire X to be the next one just like 13 other GMs in the league.

7. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Put on the Ross colored glasses and viola!!!! Philbin turns into...............................

[​IMG]

ToddPhin likes this.
  8. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT

Then why did Woody Johnson state at the 1/8/13 press conference that there was one condition that came with the GM job? He specifically stated that Rex Ryan must stay on in 2013. That seems kind if odd if the new GM is to have no say in whether the coach stays or goes.

ToddPhin likes this.
  9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    So what you're trying to tell me is that your GM is allowed to fire the coach and your proof is that he was told he's not allowed to fire the coach? Ok, awesome.

Tell you what, I'll take the Jets off the list if that makes you feel better. My point still stands that 12 OTHER teams have GMs that can't fire their coaches, which if you add the Dolphins, makes half the teams without weird structures or secret structures that have GM unable to fire the HC. Are you happy now?

BicketyBam likes this.
  10. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Actually, this is what I found on the subject. It is from the press conference introducing John Idzik as the new GM. This was from Woody Johnson:

On if Idzik will have sole decision-making power over the coaching staff after 2013…
    Well, that’s a collaborate decision between John and I. John will certainly have something to say. We’re going to be a collaborative, we are a collaborative, but we will be even more collaborative as we go forward.

Now whether Ross feels the same way about Hickey and his role in the coach hire/fire process is beyond me. What has Ross publicly stated?

11. Ross does not respect his fan base enough to publicly tell us anything.