1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Salguero - Ricky Best Player on Roster?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bpk, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/607376.html

First of all, even the article says Ricky was hustling harder than many players out there. Obviously it will be harder for Ricky to run through, around, over amd past people when the season starts and everyone is trying equally hard.

That said, Ricky's effort level will help him be prepared. Plus, he has tremendous talent, great vision and instincts. If he is in shape, he could have a good season. With Ronnie going at half-strength for the next few months, this is very good news. Our running game in the first half of this season will depend largely on Williams, make no mistake about it.

Let's hope he doesn't realise how important he is to this team, since that's precisely when he feels pressure, his social anxiety disorder flares up, and he flakes out.

Despite it all, Ricky is talented and likable. I hope he has a great year.

2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I've said it once and I'll say it again. Ricky Williams = 2008-09 Comeback player of the year.

3. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Thanks CrunchTime, that was a nice taste of the old days... If that guy showed up this year he'd probably retire next. Seriously though, I like Ricky I just still don't fully trust him. One too many letdowns and I love Ronnie! If Ronnie comes back like he thinks he's gonna have a monster year, he obviously is looking at last year as motivation to get back to the streak he was on!

CrunchTime likes this.
  4. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Well, technically, we had him for about 6 downs on the field... but I see what you are getting at. Ricky is a definite asset to this team when he is willing to play. :up:

5. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    To me, the time off is negligible. I feel like, being a running back, the time off is a blessing in disguise. The fact is, you don't lose the vision and instincts. You lose the physical ability and your body breaks down. While it remains to be seen whether or not he can avoid serious injury, I believe Ricky still has those supreme physical gifts.

And if that is the case, I doubt the team could add a dozen players better than him no matter what shape its in.

6. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Amazing watching those Ricky clips how many of those games we actually had the lead in. Remember when we used to have the lead in games? And then Ricky would just run? I miss those days...

7. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Rats, CT's GIF isn't working, have to come back to see that. Love CT's GIF's, will check back later to see it.

Good article BPK, thanks for the link. I voted on the most talented player, but had to vote JT, though right now Ricky is my favorite, behind only Ronnie Brown. But until Ronnie gets back to 100%, and JT gets off his royal throne of self love and starts training like everyone else on the team, Ricky is the man.

BTW are we sure that was written by Armando? Pretty certain he doesn't have that decent ability of writing skills.

Bpk likes this.
  8. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

i think Parcells dealt rather well with that. by telling him he saw Ricky in an O.J. Anderson (with the Giants) type of role, he basically told him that he was going to be in a #2 or even 1B role. Leaving Ronnie in the primary role even if he is healing, takes that pressure away.

Bpk likes this.
  9. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    We all know what Ricky is capable of, but seeing him engaged in practice excites me more. Hes working on becoming a reliable teammate again, lets see how camp goes. Please Ricky, please!

10. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I noticed the great one handed catch by Gadsden half way through mixed in with the Ricky highlights.
    Great catch.

11. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    All good points. I remember, in 1995 I think, watching RW and RB run- RW was clearly the better runner, not even close. And now with RW back strong and RB rehabbing the ACL, at least for the first half of the season RW should end up being the dominant runner. I think that he'll have a big year, over 1,000 yards. And it will be great to see RB come back, too.

12. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I would not say he is our best player but he is a good player for this team to have he has great cision and you can see that by the video. He also is trying hard and that is great for him because we are going to need him when Ronnie Brown is still trying to get healthy. Him and Ronnie Brown are going to be great together when Ronnie Brown gets healthy. He is an important part of this team and our rebuilding proccess

Bpk likes this.
  13. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    I sure hope he comes back like the old ricky and ronnie is fully healthy.

14. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    He's not the best player on our roster. But lets hope he'll be good during the season.

15. DPlus47

DPlus47 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 14, 2008
    i'm looking forward to seeing ricky on the field again. i love ronnie and want him to make a full recovery, but ricky is one of those rare football players that we're lucky to see when he really gets it going. having the two of them together can only be good, especially with ronnie rehabbing.

16. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    UPDATE
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/
    More from Casserly and Sparano on Ricky

Crunkcore likes this.