1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Salute to 2 fallen officers

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by pennphinfan, Jul 3, 2010.

1. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/jul/01/raw-video-cameras-capture-policemens-deaths-west-m/

I haven't seen anything posted about this, and I think with all the bad press officers receive in the media, especially those who are accused of being a bit too trigger happy on the taser, etc, here comes a story of exactly why police officers have to be constantly wary all the time, regardless of how routine any stop may seem.

These 2 officers of West Memphis PD in Arkansas were caught completely off guard and gunned down by a 16 year old with an AK47 for seemingly no reason other than the gunmen wanted the officers dead. A thanks to the responders who caught up to the 2 monsters and confronted them. Terrible story, but I do hope it gives a bit more insight into what officers can go through in the blink of an eye.

I'm not trying to start a huge debate or anything, obviously there are officers who make mistakes, bad judgments, etc. I'm just hoping to help some to understand a bit more what it's like to never know what the person who is standing next to you really thinks and what he's about to do to you because you are in uniform.

A salute to the fallen officers. May you rest in peace.