1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sam Madison's take on the Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Killerphins, Jan 4, 2010.

1. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I look forward to the start of free agency, and to the combine and the draft.

But we'd better see a greater level of talent and fit evaluation from this front office than in the last year or so; more Langford and Long, and Polite and Camarillo - and NO White and Turner, and Eric Green and Wilford and Gibril Wilson.

We don't have the starting talent nor the depth to bear those kinds of mistakes.

Coral Reefer and jetssuck like this.
  2. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Wrong title should be ANOTHER TED GINN THREAD!

LOL but seriously was good listening to Sam he told it just like we have been seeing it. Ginn Ducking outta bounds not trying for a miss tackle to make a big play or get that first down. We need a playmaker that will try for that second effort one with a mindset to NEVER stop.

MrClean likes this.
  3. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    And again - not a single argument for Ginn, just more disparagement of those who criticize him and more lumping in of others to bolster it.

Why? Why bother with this kind of discussion?

Why the compulsion to defend a player we're here to discuss when you have no argument for him? It just causes needless rhetoric that has nothing to do with the subject, and adds strife where it isn't desired.

All I've ever come to this forum for is to talk about Dolphins players, coaches and front office. And as far as I'm concerned, any discussion of those topics is fair game, whether its praising or critical.

But this tactic of having nothing to say yet saying **** just to say it - particularly about those who do have an opinion on the topic - is abhorrent.

4. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta

:yes:

adamprez2003 and jetssuck like this.
  5. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i have three months of arguments for Ginn. we're past that with these threads. the ted ginn threads are not about posting any "new" insight but rather the same redundant observations that have been regurgitated for the last three months. until free agency or the dracft there is really nothing new to say about ginn. madison thinks ginn is soft, duper thinks ginn is smart for using the sidelines. is this insight? same old stuff. your post prior to this was intelligent and i wish i saw more of them.

you can dismiss our arguments but thats the whole point! we dont take your arguments seriously just like your side doesnt take our arguments seriously. we have a fundamentally diffderent way of looking at the situation and every argument that could have been made has been made already. there are no new arguments, there are no new insights. either you want him gone and replaced or you want one more year out of him. Me, I just want his speed, find me a receiver in the draft or FA who runs under a 4.4 and you can consider cutting him. Come back with a big receiver who runs a 4.5 and Ginn stays another year. Bottom line, we will know next year which side was right. If Ginn is a Dolphin next year we were right. If Ginn is gone you were right

Merauder likes this.
  6. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I thought it was a very interesting interview
    probably not the best idea to push the ginn issue but madisons opinion seemed
    important to me
    not often you get an ex player who obviously cares about the Dolphins giving such a candid point of view
    the gibril discussion was interesting
    and as adamforprez has mentioned the lack of pressure is an issue which is also addressed in the interview

Fin Fan In Cali and adamprez2003 like this.
  7. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Brother keep bringing your A game and post great stuff like this. I appreciate his points of view.:up: You can tell he still has Dolphin Pride.:wink2:

adamprez2003 and Killerphins like this.
  8. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Another difference, then - I do value your opinion, as I do that of most everyone who comes to talk about our team here.

But if your opinion is not much more than deflection and redirection and disparagement of others in an attempt to aggrandize Ginn, or the denigration of others whose opinion of Ginn is lower than yours - that's what draws the level of conversation down.

I can say with honesty that I have never said anything about Ted Ginn that wasn't true, even if that truth was simply my opinion; I can also honestly say that what I've written on the topic was ABOUT TED GINN, AND NOT ABOUT ANYONE ELSE - ESPECIALLY NOT ABOUT MY BRETHREN HERE.

Would that all discussion on the topic had been so focused.

9. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    It disgusts me that people are still talking about Ginn. Even in the offseason the guy still gets shredded. This is a joke. Does anyone have anything else to comment about? We all know that WR needs to be upgraded in the offseason. But lets keep on making the same negative comments about Ginn over and over. Oh and by the way, Sam Madison has no right whatsoever talking about "dodging contact". That guy couldn't make an open field tackle if his life depended on it. He was one of the weakest hitting CB's of all time. Thanks for the input Sam.

10. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX
    If you have a good enough laser and calibration you'd have no need for any visual enhancement device.

Aside from that if you had an electron microscope, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a laser that you could us as a a marker.

Neither a laser or a microscope are measuring devices by the way, so that's probably why you'd have so much trouble measuring improvements. Not to mention improvements in a player's ability isn't something that can be measured in a lab, though it technically could be created there. :up:

adamprez2003 likes this.
  11. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    for whatever reason ted ginn is simply a lightning rod. trust me nabo, i consider you to be one of the brightest, most intelligent posters on this site. we dont even disagree on whether the position needs to improve. we do disagree on how to go about it. i think we also disagree on whats an appropriate level of criticism of Ginn. i know i feel that the level of criticism is over the top and isnt deserved. i dont know how to debate it if you view your side "as based on facts" and the other side simply denigrating. quite frankly my side believes our arguiments are based on facts and your sides are based on emotions. And thats the problem. our sides simply dont view the situation the same. this is simply a topic that should have a "proceed with caution" warning above the thread

12. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    lol....nice try :hi5:

You think you can win this argument by the same reason Ginn remained the #1 for so long......by default?

Fielder returned year after year.....didn't make his supporters right. It was just poor decision making on the FO's part.

I'm not sure what exactly we can do with Ginn given his contract....he probably will be back

By default..

NaboCane and Coral Reefer like this.
  13. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    isnt next year the last year of his contract? i think it only costs us 2 million to cut him.

14. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    The electron microscope was so we could actually see the improvement.....

And there are measurement devices that use a laser to measure with......I used one for measuring the thickness of layers of oxide, polysilicon and nitride.....back when I worked at RCA in the 80's, making computer chips;]

15. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    2 million and the cost of replacing him.....with someone else with speed to stretch the field and be used mostly as a decoy. Why bother?

And I believe he has 2 more years left on his contract...

16. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX
    You have to know I'm just giving you a hard time. I just wanted to argue about something new.

jetssuck likes this.
  17. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    now i understand. its well known ted ginn is a Sony man :wink2:

Crappy Tipper and jetssuck like this.
  18. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Betamax FTW!

jetssuck likes this.
  19. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    factory workers dont use lasers stoopid.

jetssuck likes this.
  20. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    oh yeah I know........it just brought back fond memories of the only job I ever actually enjoyed. Thanks Japan for flooding the market! :pity:

adamprez2003 likes this.
  21. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami

LMAO.... you had to go there didn't you!
    F'n Wanny and his ears love.

jetssuck likes this.
  22. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    RCA is Sony. :tongue2:

adamprez2003 and jetssuck like this.
  23. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    :lol: :lol:what the hell happened to this country. it was so simple when I was a kid. :lol: :up: