1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same as last year.. I want to cheer!

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by OkiePhin, Dec 9, 2012.

1. OkiePhin

OkiePhin Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Well, not exactly but I have to say when I watch our team play there aren't many circumstances where I get up and cheer. That's sad.. I wish Ross would figure **** out. Last year it was the "Henne last chance year" which got blown with him getting injured. That resulted as a pass for us sucking but automatically put the blame on the coaches ( Dan Henning & Tony "fist pump" Sparano). The year before that Henne was progressing BUT needed weapons and time to grow as a starting QB. I'm not blaming Tanny, Philbin, Ireland, Sparano, Henne etc. This is f***ing groundhog day. Get a new coach, give him time, get a new QB and give him time. I'm tired of getting myself pumped about the damn draft. I already know what happens next. Ireland eventually loses his job and we have to give the new GM time to build and "weed out" Ireland mistakes.. By then it's time for a new OC, rinse and repeat. Meanwhile other teams are drafting and turning their franchise around. I love the Miami Dolphins but am tired of the same **** every year. No more excuses! Find a way to get us winning Ross! I want to cheer again!

2socks likes this.
  2. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    well said

3. OkiePhin

Dec 27, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Also, am I the only one who looked at the schedule at the beginning of the year and penciled in at least 10 wins? Same with the 2011 schedule... Uggh..

4. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    No I was very optimistic and I still believe with more consistent QB play we would be sitting at 9-3 right now. We just been up and down all year.

OkiePhin likes this.
  5. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    this thread makes me giggle.

6. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    You might be. We already exceeded my expectation of 4 wins.

7. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Dan Henning was a huge problem last year. :no:

8. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    10 wins? I had us at 7-9 at best.

As for the op. Yea, it sucks. But teams seemingly pull it together out of nowhere year in and year out. Nail a draft pick here and there and your in the big picture.

Hate to use the niners as a reference after today but they really aren't far removed from being cellar dwellers themselves. That roster isn't too different from the team mike singletary was coaching. They drafted Aldon smith, some interior linemen, and harbaugh is good with qbs. Bam, NFC championship.

Gotta give ya hope. Its no impossible.

Hiruma78 likes this.
  9. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    I don't even cheer when the fins make a good play anymore. I'm fed up. I just watch the games in silence. I'm not happy when they win or sad when they lose anymore. I'm numb to this franchise. There is no excitement left.

10. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    When the other teams saw that Tannehill couldn't complete anything deep to his slow receivers and had bad long ball accuracy, they stacked the box and closed the running lanes, neutralizing our backs. Until we get some receivers who can stretch the field and learn how to use them, getting the linebackers and defensive backs out of the box and allowing our backs to run, it will be the same crap year in, year out.

By the eighth round, the can't miss quarterbacks were gone. We took a rookie with only 19 college starts and the flaws that come with that and didn't give him anyone to throw to.

What happened to all the talk about more athletic offensive linemen, other than Pouncey?

What moron says that you don't need a number one or number two wideout, actually believes it, and trades the number one for two third rounders?

Why do we keep doing counterintuitive, bonehead things that everybody knows are stupid, thinking that we know something no one else knows?

Every one of our draft picks next year should be a wide receiver or tight end.

11. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I said 5-11 and if everything went VERY well we could get to 8-8.

12. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Wow, the first four posts were completely without any reasonable logic whatsoever. First, this should be in the rant forum, preferably in the stupid section.
    Most of us predicted 7-9 or 8-8 when the season started. anything else was completely unrealistic.
    And...we just played 2 of the top 5 teams in the league (IMO). The fact that we had a chance to win in both games isn't a reflection of crappy coaching, it's a reflection that we clearly don't have the same talent level as the other two teams.

13. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I expected 7. Would have been surprised with 8 and actually pleased with 9. Right now we are looking at being swept by the Pats and maybe the Bills that is a sad day.

14. OkiePhin

Dec 27, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Glad that you are satisfied with losing if it's a top 5 team. Personally Id like to be one of those top 5 teams. What was without logic? I hear the same stuff every year. Wait till the draft, let our *insert player/coach* mature etc. All I hear are excuses year in and year out. I'm not happy with "a few players away" or "we are in every game.

Oh and since I expected 10 wins somehow you expecting 9 is so much more "realistic".