1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

San Diego: Meet Ted Ginn and the Wild Phin Offense.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GISH, Sep 23, 2008.

1. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    I would be willing to wager large amounts of fake money that Ted Ginn is going to have a HUGE game against San Diego. Sparano mentioned in his presser something about there being others guys he had in mind for this new offensive set. First person I thought of was Ginn. Here's some of the potential ways we could get Ginn in on the action.

• Swap out Fasano for Ginn, and let Ronnie hit him on a crossing route.
    • Swap out Ricky for Ginn, and option him on the reverse.
    • Swap out Fasano for Ginn, and have Ronnie pitch it to Pennington and hit Ginn deep.
    • Ginn at QB, with Ronnie on the reverse.
    • Ginn at QB, pitch to Pennington, then Chad pass it directly back to Ginn, with a convoy in front of him.

I think the Chargers are going to be focusing VERY HEAVILY on the run. There won't be a better time to get Ginn the ball.

Dolfan4Life likes this.
  2. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    The words Ginn and huge game just dont seem to go together very well...

funkdat, fins4o8 and Bumrush like this.
  3. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I agree that San Diego is going to stack the box for the run, which will open up play action. I think we'll play a rather straight offense and count on the TEs and WRs to get open. I hope to God they CAN because we won't win otherwise. We may not win anyway, because San Diego's offense is one hell of a lot better than the Pats'.

HULKFish likes this.
  4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think you will see ginns production increase bigtime because the coaches figured out a way to stretch the field, they could'nt do it vertically for the obvious reasons but there doing it horizontally which was freakin genious

mullingan likes this.
  5. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Ginn vs. Antonio Cromartie or vs. Quentin Jammer or vs. Antoine Cason doesn't really make me enthusastic. San Diego can stack the run but they've got some of the best corners in the business.

HULKFish likes this.
  6. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Wow, Ginn going to do all that? :wink2:

I think its going to be a very tough game, the Chargers can score points with anyone. They have one of the best offenses in the NFL period.

And it would not surprise me if we didn't see the Wildcat in two weeks, you can't use it all the time, maybe once in a while.

The thing with the Chargers is they have so many weapons, LT, Sproles, Gates, Chambers and Rivers. The Pats had Moss, that's it.

Can we win? Yes! Would I bet on it right now? NO

Ginn had a real tough day against Revis, he didn't play much against the Cards, had an okay day against a poor Pats secondary. Jammer, Cromartie and Cason are pretty good.

But than again, the Chargers have not really stopped anyone on defense yet either.

GISH likes this.
  7. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Yeah but he'll have no where near the prediction you thought he have last week with his 5,000 yards and 33 TD's :tongue2:

Also let it be known Ted Ginn has experience running in the wild hog formation.

GISH likes this.
  8. GoPhins!

GoPhins! Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    I'll tell you what. I will make that one of the betting questions on TP.C Bookie for the week 5 bets. How about: Ted Ginn will score a TD this week (2 to 1 odds)?

mullingan and GISH like this.
  9. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO

Jammer would be the only one that scares me. Cromartie is the most overrated corner in the NFL, IMO and Cason is a rookie.

10. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Too bad Gish is broke ...

GISH likes this.
  11. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

How about putting Ginn back at KR ?? The Chargers KO coverage team seems to be the only one I've seen this season worse than ours ??

I know it's a radical idea, after all, who would have forseen Ginn as a KR but you never know, right ???

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL !!!

12. GoPhins!

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    :lol: Well, too bad for him. I have already put it in the database. Plus a bet on the "Wild Phin" formation.

Sorry Gish! But it was a good idea for the bookie. :up:

13. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    If we are talking about this on a public message board you better be damn sure the San Diego coaching staff is already preparing for scenarios we couldn't even dream of :D

14. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Since we drafted him and his family, maybe we should check first with them to see if he wants to go back on KR/PR duty.

15. GoPhins!

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    I guess that means that he has an online wagering problem. :tongue2:

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  16. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Why do you find a guy who has great athleticism, speed and size for a Cornerback overrated? He can certainly create turnovers. Are you faulting him for playing on the opposite side of Quentin "I dropped 7 possible INT's last year" Jammer?

17. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Yeah he is a true die-hard. He picked the Phins 16 times last year :pointlol::pointlol:

GISH and GoPhins! like this.
  18. Dannyg28

Dannyg28 Say hi to the rings

Jan 4, 2008
    agreed, cromartie gets a lot of picks but he also gets beat like a drum. Thats why despite leading the league n interceptions last year cromartie didn't start for a good amount of the year.

19. Dannyg28

Jan 4, 2008
    hes gets a lot of picks i'll give him that. But unfortunately he also gets beat all over the field, just look at the Bronco game. I equate him almost with a Mike Jacobs in baseball, he'll hit the long ball but beyond that he won't do anything else.

20. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He's, imo, a top ten to fifteen CB. I don't know how highly people think of him around the league so that may be the reason why GIK said he's overrated. I think he's a good player for his age. He will likely improve more and I think he can be one of the top CB's in this league.

21. Dannyg28

Jan 4, 2008
    there was talk of him being the best corner in the entire league last year.

22. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Eh. lol.

23. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Ginns due up for a big performance i just dont see it against san diego though. this offense does have possibilities though.

24. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Cromartie against a raw-as-sushi WR in Ginn? It's like no contest at all. Cromartie can get beat by seasoned and tall WR's who run crisp routes. Ted Ginn is not any of those. Keeping in mind that Cromartie's still a young guy himself, eventually once he picks up some more fine points, he'll be #1. Cason may be a rookie but he's got his position down more than Ginn does at his own. He's on pace for 80 tackles and has one more pick than our entire CB corps this year. Believe me, he doesn't look like a rookie right now.

25. DennyCrane

DennyCrane New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    I think u may want to rethink your opinion on those 3. They are ALL very good.

26. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    You guys are talking about the secondary that is giving up the 31st most yards per game in the air .... right?

A couple INTs doesn't mask that their secondary has sucked balls. Highly overrated.

Last year the 3 CBs (jammer florence and cromartie) was far from being elite. Their ypa is average to below average. I'm not saying that Ginn is going to thrash them, I'm saying you guys are falling for a couple of INTs which are sexy ... but their getting thrashed.

gunn34 likes this.
  27. DennyCrane

DennyCrane New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Sorry Gish! But it was a good idea for the bookie. :up:[/QUOTE]

So this is where u hang now Gary rather than at Verm's.

28. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but I would still take Cromartie over Jason Allen any day of the week.

29. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Being on pace for 80 tackles isn't always good for cornerbacks. This is the San Diego defense that has choked in the first two games. Their defense has been nothing to brag about as of late.

30. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    The good news is we have 2 weeks to prepare for SD, the bad news is that if we thought the stocking boy and the twin towers torched our secondary, what do you think Rivers and Co. are going to do. Ex Dolphins always eat us alive and I look for Chambers to show up big time. I can only hope he gets a case of the dropsies as soon as he gets close to a Dolphins uniform again.

31. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    theres so many things wrong with what you have just said. i need one of those V8 enthusiasts to knock you on the forehead. Please dont talk about Chambers like that. And you might wanna lay low on the twin towers references.

32. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Yeah, won't matter too much on that set if we get down in points! Our Defense is gonna be key against the Chargers. If we can't slow down that offense it's gonna be a LONG day! I personally think they should explore more of the plays with Martin and Fasano at fullback in running and passing.

33. Trackstar

Trackstar Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    FL

You took the words right of my mouth NJ. I think the key to beating teams like the chargers is having good production from our TEs and receptions by our RB. you have to take their corners out of the game and counter their blitzes with quick throws to the TE and RB.

34. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Sure but Cason doesn't play like a rookie out there. More than I can say for Ginn. If people are going to score, I think the TE's and the RB's will do the most damage and not the WR's. A high school team's secondary can cover them. Chargers have given up 4 TD's to TE's so far this season mostly because their LB's are big and slow in coverage.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.