1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

San diego's pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by s55ean, Jan 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. s55ean

s55ean New Member

Dec 4, 2007
    does anyone know how it'll work to know the draft order ?

in other words, and in example; is SD going to pick according to their record or the NFL base the draft order according to the playoffs ? ( in the first case we would be winners but if its according to how deep you go into playoffs... we just lost a couple spots :sad: )

on a sidenote, Jay Glazer just reported on FOX that the dolphins are watching sparano very close and if the cowboys lose, they will bring him for an interview as soon as monday or tuesday ...

2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    From Wikipedia

3. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Yes, SD's win over the Colts just cost us several spots for the Chambers trade.

So right now we will be 29 or 30 (if SD losses to NE), and if they beat NE I will be happy that its turned into a 31 or 32 pick of the 2nd round.

If they beat NE, I would be ok if they won the SB, and we pick last in the 2nd round (32nd) and 1st in the 3rd.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
    Phinperor likes this.
  4. Oboy

Oboy Premium Member Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I am not sure about that. Reading Reagan's post, it sounds like record is still the ultimate factor UNLESS you are in the playoffs.

I read that as the record still is the deciding factor unless you and another team have the same record. Then it goes as who is in the playoffs longer. UNLESS you make the SB and then you are either the last or second to last pick. Do you read it differently? I thought the same thing as you posted, until I read Reagan's post.

5. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area

To clarify, what that sentence means, is that the record is only used to help break ties in order of elimination from postseason play.

So SD cannot pick lower than #28 since they are in the final 4. If they make it past NE they will either be 31 or 32.

cool?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008