1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satele

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jdang307, Dec 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Anyone catch our center down field on several key plays? Man that guy can move down field in a freaking hurry. Some argue he may not be suited for our schemes. Well if so, he's going to make another Oline coach very happy unfortunately for us.

dolpns13 and BigDogsHunt like this.
  2. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    That's always been his strong suit. Consistently good out there.

3. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    I'm guessing his *** is pretty motivated right now by having them bring in another center a couple weeks ago.

4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I love how well he pulls. If Johnson works out ok at center, I think we could do worse than having Smiley and Satele as our guards.

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Watching the game online, I've got to admit, all I noticed was a guy running down field with long Dreds and keeping pace with Ginn or Ronnie or whomever.

I thought that player was Devone Bess to be honest about it...Samson had not done that this season before now....man that guy can run for a big man.

6. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Most teams pull their guards, rather than the center, but he is better in space than anyone else we have right now, with Smiley out, and I'm not so sure Smiley is the better on the 2nd level anyway. We may be better off in the long run with him and Smiley at guard, and their are a couple of good centers in the draft next year. If Al Johnson remains healthy, he could hold the fort at C for a couple of years too.

dolfan22 likes this.
  7. MrClean

Satele doesn't have dreads.

8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    He does have long hair...or he did...

9. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    if we have smiley and samson at guard, where does that leave donald thomas? excellent backup?

10. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

If Thomas comes back then I think he and Satele might compete. Why not have an excellent backup at guard? Seems a great idea to me.

11. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Carey wants too much money and we try Thomas at RT? I dunno. Put your best players at the best positions, who cares about hurting someones feelings.

12. MrClean

He does have long hair, usually braided in a pony tail, but it's not dreads

13. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Centers are supposed to make secondary assignments downfield. Stephenson made them all the time. Mawae was always at the second level giving Zach fits. Good to see Samson downfield.

14. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    Hell yeah!!! Did you see him on the Cobbs reverse just TRUCKING downfield and had a key block... he was hauling, I couldnt believe how fast he was running.

15. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    As good as our coaching staff has been there have been several things I've questioned. This is the first week I've noticed RW being used on the counter. That is by far RW's best play. I would also like RB involved more in the passing game as a receiver and I'd like to see Ginn on some slants. But as long as we keep winning I won't complain. Maybe we'll unveil some of these plays next week and through our playoff run.

16. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    While I feel we have been in playoff mode since the NE loss....I do think we schemed for teams accordingly, and each week a new "find" will occur. I tell ya, I know our Staff has been licking its chops at getting another crack at JETS...and I personally think they feel the same way about BAL.

So, yes, I too agree, the next couple of weeks will have our guys doing the things they do best, and we will benefit from it on the scoreboard.

What a great feeling.

rafael likes this.
  17. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Satele has always been a beast in space. Hes like heat seeking missile that locks on to a defender and always nails his target. Very quick for a big man.

If only we could get him up to like 310, hed be a fantastic G for us...