1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saw Filter on Saturday (who?)

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by texasPHINSfan, Sep 24, 2008.

1. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    [​IMG]

haha, i added the "who?" on there because i was amazed at how small the show was. Filter, a band i've known for a long time (been a fan - even following the band) since "Short Bus", played at a small club in Seattle on Saturday.... the club can't hold more than 400 people or so. very small.

furthering my amazement in all this was that i asked my circle of friends if anyone wanted to go with me, and no one really knew who the hell filter was. really? you've never heard of them? i would then explain they had the hit "hey man nice shot" and i got the response 'well if you played it for me i might recognize it.' fair enough.

i tried "what about 'take a picture'"? they said if you played it for me.... so i did, and of course then they recognized the song.

ANYway the point is for some reason filter was playing this small-*** club, the show didn't even sell out, tickets were only 15 bucks with NO service charge (how awesome is that?)

the show was phenomenal. while not the most accurate reproduction to their music live (they obviously have a lot of production in their music), it was still very good and full of energy. the energy levels were great from all the band members. :up:

crappy pic to give you an idea of how big the joint was:
    [​IMG]
    (there were like only 5 more rows of people behind me, and the crowd wall is at the end of the stage there... VERY small.

minus five points to the douchebag in the utili-kilt that tried to start throwing punches while trying to start his OWN pit during "Take a Picture." yeah, pitting to a ballad, good call buddy. /moron

if they come to your town, its a GREAT cheap show to check out in a small-intimate environment. :up: