1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Schedule Release within next few weeks no matter what

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14902898/packers-planning-for-sept-8-opener-schedule-on-way

Despite the ongoing lockout, the NFL is still expected to announce the regular-season schedule within the next two weeks. Along those lines, the Green Bay Packers have told their fans to begin preparing to host the season-opening Thursday night game. That's no surprise because the tradition over the last several years has been for the defending Super Bowl champions to be the home team for that first game of the season.

Get ready for three things:
    1. The inevitable "Which game will have the ORANGE JERSEY!" thread debate. [Probably started by me. I love a good poll. :up:]

2.Early scouting on which teams we will be choking to in December for the 3rd straight year. It really feels like 10 years ago again! [Until August rolls around and I get all optimistic again]

3. NFL Network's brand new 3 hour coverage of the schedule release, with 1 and a half hours devoted to discussing how the Patriots, Steelers & Jets will mow through theirs with ease and finesse, even during a lockout!. Oh and be on the lookout for their Steelers/Cowboys, Colts/Cowboys & Patriots/Cowboys way too early Super Bowl picks. Because they can only show America's Game: The 1992 Cowboys so many times.

2. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    4) Dolfans will cry that the NFL is actively trying to screw us over with a hard schedule.

steveincolorado likes this.
  3. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    You obviously haven't heard that giving the fanbase grief here is frowned upon :wink2:

4. Darrelle Revis

Darrelle Revis I BELIEVE!

Apr 21, 2010
    New York City
    I want the Jets to have the toughest schedule this upcoming season.

5. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    It will be interesting how the schedule is laid out. The early games are the ones most likely to be lost. If you see a Patriots schedule front-loaded with tough teams you will know the fix is in.

6. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    [​IMG]

7. godolphins

godolphins New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    We will most likely face the Cowboys on Thanksgiving since its between us and the Bills

Dolphins1Beatles likes this.
  8. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    That would RULE!

9. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Great! I get to be the bad guy again, trying to get everyone to shut up when the game comes on. :lol:

10. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Why ? Even though we ended the season with a 1 game better record, they beat us AT HOME the last time we played, they seem to have a better QB and were playing better than us at the end of the year, and look right now to have more upside than we do. We are, putting it nicely, a complete disaster. I will go on record right now believing they will have a better record than we will come Thanksgiving.

Puka-head likes this.
  11. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Yeah but the Dolphins have a bigger overall fan base and larger metro area. Of course, they could try and build it as Cowboys/Bills 90s rematch, but the Bills also haven't had many good seasons since 1999, and the Dolphins even though they've been 7-9 the past two years have had many close & exciting games, they don't really get blown out much, except of course the week 17 "I just want to go on vacation" game against the Pats. Dolphins were often a part of NFL's top 4 games of the week replays on NFLN.

Dolphins and Cowboys also have a long history, including probably the most memorable Thanksgiving game with the snow game.

12. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Of three occasions the Dolphins or Bills were the choice for Thanksgiving, Miami has been chosen three times. While I would rather not see them on Thanksgiving, I would be utterly shocked if past tradition doesn't hold true in this one.

13. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    The only thing is that right now the Bills are a better team then the Dolphins.

14. cowboy82nd

cowboy82nd Member

May 21, 2010
    Just kick everyone out of the house, that should do the trick.