1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Schefter: Rams will take Bradford with first pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by 2k5, Feb 25, 2010.

1. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35591560/ns/sports-player_news/

Pretty big development in my opinion, and very early for such a claim, but Schefter is usually pretty reliable.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Well their getting a franchise QB so can't really blame them for drafting Bradford.

3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Quite honestly, if he hadn't taken the knocks on his shoulder, I don't think there's any doubt he's the best QB in the draft if not the best overall player.
    One thing I have been thinking, those teams sitting between 5th and 10th are just PRAYING that Bradford slips to them.
    IMHO, he won't.

ToddsPhins and Tin Indian like this.
  4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    anlgp likes this.
  5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    If true, I can understand why they want Bradford. IMO, he's the best quarterback in the class. It's a risk though; he's coming off a shoulder injury that may or may not be serious and they are passing up a pretty safe prospect in Suh. Speaking of Suh, the Buccaneers have been keen on Suh since like November and there was that rumor that they were attempting to move up. If you're the Rams, why not move down to three, pick up an extra pick and still take Bradford?

Zanno and gafinfan like this.
  6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I think the sound you hear is the Rams twisting the redskins arm..

As for Clayton, keep in mind he was shocked when Tuna did not take Matt Ryan, his opinion is well known.

7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Because you dont want the Lions to trade with the Redskins? :up:

Suh is the safe pick, but ironically SL cant afford to play it safe. Three defensive linemen in 4 years is not getting them to a winning record I think.

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That's possible, though I'm not sure it happens.

9. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    That's great news! I love hearing about any player that isn't on Miami's radar being selected before our pick.

DeDolfan, skippysphins and gafinfan like this.
  10. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I think Padre is right. Could be St. Louis is leaking the story on purpose. Not that they don't need a long term solution at QB. But, they have so many needs. Moving down would only help them IMO.

I think you'll hear a lot of things re; St. Louis' intentions between now and draft day.

11. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I guess it pays having two teams behind you that already drafter their QB>

12. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    problem for them is ... who is going to trade up to #1 .... 'knowing' that SL needs to pick a QB. Outside of trying to beat TB to Suh.

The medial reports on Bradford's shoulder will be interesting ... hmmm, sounds like Brees ...

13. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    It does sound like Brees. I can see KC drafting the QB from ND too. His coach since HS is now the OC for the chiefs.

14. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    absolutely priceless response lol

Rams GM Billy Devaney, responding to a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter that his team will select Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford with the first pick in this year's draft, as quoted in the Honolulu Advertiser: "That took a lot of pressure off us right away. Now that Dr. Schefter has cleared Sam Bradford medically and given him a clean bill of health and guaranteed (him as) our pick, we can move on to the second round."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/03/01/they-said-it-the-week-of-march-1

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Oh god, here we go.

16. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

Bradford will start week 1.
    Injured week 6.

On IR week eight.

Just say no.

17. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I can see Devaney saying that too.

Too funny. :lol:

18. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I dont know how many years in a row they can keep passing on a top-5 franchise QB ..... but my guess is, if they keep doing so, then they should be afforded a shot at drafting one pretty much every year. :lol:

It's almost like they're turning a nose up at the goose that laid the golden egg.

19. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Henne was picked #56 overall, of all positions to draft with the #1 overall, Qb by far has the highest bust potential...or how is Jemarcus Russel doing?

20. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Nice article. I disagree with the notion that they absolutely have to take a Quarterback. These are the reasons why it would make sense for them not to pick Suh, IMO:

I think because the rams have picked 3 DT's out of the past 4 years and having another one, no matter how good, staring them in the face with that kind of money looking back at them as well is why they'll go another position. You can't have too much $ tied up into one spot on the line. I don't think it's that a quarterback is the only position that will help them win. Bradford will most likely not have that great of a rookie campaign and it remains to be seen if he'll pay off.

It's all projection and a gamble...

21. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I know Bucs fans that wanted the team to lose their remaining games so they could take Suh #1.

What would be hilarious is if St. Louis traded with Tampa, and then Washington traded with Detroit and took Bradford. :lol:

22. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Can't blame them. They're getting their potential franchise QB. There are obviously a few players that most will make the argument that are above Bradford in the overall rankings, but it's all about St. Louis' board and their vision on drafting the cornerstone of that franchise, because that's what you look for with the #1 overall pick. If Bradford can get back to where he was pre-injury, then I'm sure all questions regarding this pick will be erased on the football field.

texanphinatic likes this.