Schefter Says Fins and Broncos engaged in talks...
211 replies
Adam Schefters lastest tweet.
"Dolphins and Broncos engaged in trade talks that would send Kyle Orton to Miami. Both teams would like to make it happen"
here we goo.....
I support Henne 100% but I would love to get Orton in Miami.
As long as the comp is nothing higher than a 3rd round pick.
I hope it happens.

I hope so. I'm on the record for either Orton or Young. Clearly Orton would be a more stable if less volatile choice.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
I won't cry about it, if they leave the 2012 2nd rounder and Randy Starks/Jared Odrick out of the deal.
Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com
the devil is in the details
- Competition is the Elixir of Success -
"ckparrothead wrote:
I won't cry about it, if they leave the 2012 2nd rounder and Randy Starks/Jared Odrick out of the deal.
Bill Cowher or Gruden need all the picks next year :lol:
Schefter knows what he's talking about when it comes to Denver. He was a beat writer for the Denver Post for a loooooong time.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
YEap he also just tweeted that DeAngelo resigned with Carolina 5yr 43mil. So we can scratch him off the list of potentials.
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
A conditional 4th that could become a 3rd based the team's success would be nice.
That would be akin to highway robbery. Kyle Orton will probably never be mistaken for an All Pro, but that's basically giving the guy away for a warm handshake and the promise of a takeout pizza. I think that a 3rd, maybe a conditional 3rd that can become a 2nd is more in line with past trades.
We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not admire it. The only reason for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely. All art is quite useless.
I suspect the deal will look like:
4th rd pick, 1 DE, maybe Merling, maybe Odrick but I'd find that difficult to believe unless we also got Robert Ayers.
for the Broncos this almost as much about a salary dump as it is getting a high draft pick
"Brewhead1000 wrote:
YEap he also just tweeted that DeAngelo resigned with Carolina 5yr 43mil. So we can scratch him off the list of potentials.
To piggyback off that, the Giants have given Bradshaw an offer: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6808226/new-york-giants-make-offer-re-sign-ahmad-bradshaw
@KevinMD4
I agree. A 3rd should be fair compensation for Orton. I would be way supportive of Orton and a deal like that.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
"GARDENHEAD wrote:
Schefter knows what he's talking about when it comes to Denver. He was a beat writer for the Denver Post for a loooooong time.
Yes he was , but he knows what he's talking about period imo.
Not a fan of Orton but everything seems to be pointing to a trade here. Only can hope the cost is palatable.

I'd be really happy if it is:
Coniditonal 3rd that becomes a second if we reach the playoff and Merling.
Anything more than that I'm a bit suspect.
Still love the move to bring is a proven QB though.
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
I know the situations are different, but the Redskins didn't exactly HAVE to dump McNabb, and they did it for a 6th. The Broncos only have two trade partners remaining and one is still attached to Kevin Kolb. If we give up any terms that it could become a 2nd, we got had because the market simply doesn't call for us to spend a 2nd. The Broncos HAVE to trade Orton.
There may very well be more than two trade partners. Its hard to speculate on something like that.
“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
I know the situations are different, but the Redskins didn't exactly HAVE to dump McNabb, and they did it for a 6th. The Broncos only have two trade partners remaining and one is still attached to Kevin Kolb. If we give up any terms that it could become a 2nd, we got had because the market simply doesn't call for us to spend a 2nd. The Broncos HAVE to trade Orton.
I agree. Its all about leverage. Leverage is all about who can walk away from a deal. The Broncos have to trade Orton. They gotta roll the dice with Tebow. They can't afford Orton. Meanwhile, who else is gonna trade for Orton? Name one team that would trade a 3rd round pick for him. You can't.
A 4th rounder is a fair deal. Anything more than that and we got hosed!
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
It means the end of Chad Henne's reign in Miami though, for better or worse.
All those months of arguing about him and he'll be irrelevant within an hour of the official start of the new league year. SMH.
Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com
"ckparrothead wrote:
It means the end of Chad Henne's reign in Miami though, for better or worse.
All those months of arguing about him and he'll be irrelevant within an hour of the official start of the new league year. SMH.
You think they'll cut Henne?
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
I don't think they'd cut Henne, but the days of him as the heir apparent would be over.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Broncos are looking for a “premium pick” for Orton.
That 4th is a pipe-dream, I expect us to part with another 2nd rounder. :(
"GARDENHEAD wrote:
I agree. Its all about leverage. Leverage is all about who can walk away from a deal. The Broncos have to trade Orton. They gotta roll the dice with Tebow. They can't afford Orton. Meanwhile, who else is gonna trade for Orton? Name one team that would trade a 3rd round pick for him. You can't.
A 4th rounder is a fair deal. Anything more than that and we got hosed!
Arizona is rumored to be in the bidding.
"GARDENHEAD wrote:
I agree. Its all about leverage. Leverage is all about who can walk away from a deal. The Broncos have to trade Orton. They gotta roll the dice with Tebow. They can't afford Orton. Meanwhile, who else is gonna trade for Orton? Name one team that would trade a 3rd round pick for him. You can't.
A 4th rounder is a fair deal. Anything more than that and we got hosed!
Miami
That's why they play the games!:yes:
If we give up a 2nd rounder for Orton I'm gonna puke.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
AZ is more interested in Kolb. If they are expressing any interest it is probably a smoke screen.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
I am willing to give Henne another chance under a different Offensive Coordinator. I am tired of not having 2nd rounders going into the draft.
Tonight, I am riding
As long as I am riding I know that I am alive
As long as I, keep on riding
I know that someday I will finally find my way back home
Until them I roam