1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

school has started...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by anlgp, Aug 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

well, i'm two classes into going to my first semester for my human services degree.

my english teacher seems like he's a no bull****ter teacher in that he's incredibly strict on course requirements, etc.

my psychology teacher seems real laid back and easy going yet still gets her points across and such.

my math class is four hours long and i go tomorrow. anyone know how to train a monkey to take my place?

anyway point being is not only am i going to class but i will have homework and will most likely be spending more time away from the forum and computers in general.. so if i'm not on as much it's because i'm doing homework or am actually gaining a social life :omg:

GISH, SICK, sking29 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    To be completely honest with you, I enjoyed the strict no bull****ter teachers myself. I don't know why? I was always a smart azz student, so I guess I liked the challenge.

Do what you gotta do. School should be one of your top priorities whenever you are enrolled.

Good luck. :up:

anlgp likes this.
  3. anlgp

yeah i don't mind his no BS policy I like it for the same reason

4. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    God, how I hated four hour classes.

anlgp likes this.
  5. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    yeah they sucked, but at my school the teachers didn't really like them either, so we would get like 3 15 minute breaks and often got to leave early or after a test.

anlgp likes this.
  6. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Good luck, study hard, or you'll end up living in a van down by the river like me.

SICK, unluckyluciano and anlgp like this.
  7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Good luck bro.

I like and dislike teachers. I like them because they keep my goofing around to a minimum but I dislike them because they keep my goofing around to a minimum.

anlgp likes this.
  8. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I wish you all the best in the world Steve and if there is anyway possible I can help, like you have helped me in the past, I would be glad to.

...And a 4 hour math class! I would go insane, not only because a 4 hour class is cruel but also because its math...I hate math. If you can make it through that you are a god my friend. :lol:

Also I find a lot of strict teachers relax after the first couple weeks of classes because they are trying to weed out the slackers and keep the best students and it works!

Just have fun and that degree will be in your hands before you know it. :up:

anlgp likes this.
  9. dolfan06

dolfan06 New Member

May 19, 2008
    Arkansas
    school has started, thank god, my grand kids are driving me nuts.

anlgp likes this.
  10. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    good luck doode. let me know if you need help with anything, I used to be a monkey trainer after all, and look at how good opie turned out.

anlgp likes this.
  11. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    good luck steve. i might know a pre-trained monkey that can go to that math class for you. i'll PM lucky......err, i mean the monkey...to see if hes up to it.

anlgp likes this.
  12. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Good luck steve!!! :hi5:

anlgp likes this.
  13. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Pre Calc Honors
    AP Psych
    English Honors
    AP Spanish Speakers

Im in 10th grade. So different from my freshman year

anlgp likes this.
  14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    You sir are brave. I would never take an AP class. Not at least in my school. So much work for a load of stuff that I don't have any interest in. If they had an AP Football Game Analysis class, I'd take it. Otherwise, no way.

anlgp and dolfan94 like this.
  15. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    The AP classes I'M taking arent even that bad. Its not that much work. Psych is pretty fun, not that much work, and then Spanish is pretty chill(I do my english homework in that class and when I have worksheets, my Pre Calc and Psych homework too).

Maybe it gets harded while the weeks go on but Im more worried about Pre Calc than any of the AP's. My motivation is that if I have an A or B in pre-calc and english, Im exempted from midterms and finals.

And there's a new class at my school where you help athletes with their recruiting, help out the football teams with advertisements, etc.

anlgp and alen1 like this.
  16. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Good luck brother Steve.

Work hard and make it all worthwhile. A little bit of dedication will go a little ways. A LOT of dedication will unlock doors that are welded shut :up:

As always, if yopu need support or insight, don't forget about us :yes:

anlgp likes this.
  17. anlgp

two weeks in =

i have a 500 word explanatory paper due in comp. no biggie except i can't narrow down a topic. Also, Thank god for susan :drool:

i have a 9 page article i have to read for psych on neurons and neurotransmitters and look forward to this class. Also, Thank god for (I don't know her name but) :drool:

and my math class is way too long. god, thank you for Britney :drool:, because otherwise I would probably skip :lol: