1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scout.com Dolphins priorities

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by EightyTwenty, Apr 12, 2008.

1. EightyTwenty

EightyTwenty Don't laugh at the mule

Nov 25, 2007
    Florida
    For those of you who don't have access to Scout.com, here's a breakdown of some of their thoughts on our needs leading up to the draft. I thought this was a pretty good breakdown:

Vengeful Odin and alen1 like this.
  2. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    So, based on this breakdown, the only places we are "set" is at Running Back, Safety, and Down Tackle. Really, those aren't set either, with injuries to Ronnie, Yeremiah, and two imported Free Agents (including an aging Jason Ferguson) to shore up DT. Might as well throw every position up as a position of "need" for the Dolphins.

3. EightyTwenty

Nov 25, 2007
    Florida
    Very true. They probably had a word count on the length of the article though. :lol:

4. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    In all seriousness though, I disagree with QB as our #1 priority. Beck deserves a shot, and if things don't go as planned McCown can get us through the year. Drafting a nice security blanket TE (such as Ben Coates for Bledosoe and Witten for Romo), will do wonders for Beck's development. In other words, by addressing #3 you may be able to fix #1.

I do agree with most of the other needs, but I really would like to see us draft an ILB to replace Zach (which is difficult, if not impossible). Article is right though, we were a 1-15 team, so there's a lot of needs.

5. EightyTwenty

Nov 25, 2007
    Florida
    I'm not sure he was saying that we shouldn't give Beck a chance or anything, more I think he was just stating that "the position is the most important on the field and needs to be addressed". Beck should absolutely be given a chance.

6. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Yes, we don't know if Beck will develop into an NFL quality player, but the same can be said for anyone coming out of college. So Beck gets some playing time this year, we probably draft a project qb late, and see where we go. We address the O and D lines this year, and probably TE and LBs, but we can't fill all the holes in our lineup at once, and there just isn't a qb in this draft who comes across as a stud, at least to me. But we can draft the other studs and continue to march.