1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scouting report: Miami Dolphins - Projected 2010 finish: 9-7 - third AFCE

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cobrajet, Jul 10, 2010.

1. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
  2. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    I think we're capable of better but i wouldnt be totally surprised if this was the end result. That being said, it's all irrelevant seeing as there are still 16 games to play.

cobrajet likes this.
  3. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010

I couldn't agree more, suddenly everyone is pretending to be Yoda :lol:

cobrajet likes this.
  4. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010

Yoda?! hehehe, Cobra, yer such a jerk. But you are damn funny

:knucks:

5. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Status quo really. Everyone with a pulse will try to call who does what this season but the bottom line is it really don't matter who says what. I ignore all that and wait for it to play out from the edge of my seat even if it's still July.

6. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    I guess the fans are just as bored as the newspaper editors. Damn, when is camp going to start??

cobrajet likes this.
  7. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    These mid-July prediction articles would be irrelevant... if there was anything else to talk about.

8. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    The problem with ratings like these is that they can only really take our offense into account.

No one has ANY idea how our defense is going to play this year. It could range anywhere from top 10 to last. It was overhauled that much.

Thats why I think that anyone trying to gauge the Miami Dolphins for 2010 really is just throwing darts.

9. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Exactly.

We are still not a team with a lot of proven commodities on the roster.
    There are a lot of players that need to show progression on the field for us to really be a contender. The biggest of which is our QB Chad Henne, not to mention our entire secondary and LB core. If these young players take the next step were in great shape, if they don't then were nothing more than an avg. team.

10. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    So the Ravens under estimate Miami, who's next to do so ? Who gives a flying crap what the Ravens scouting report is, the season needs to be played and won or lost on the field.
    Here is my scouting report for Baltimore. You have Cam Cameron and John Beck, so there fore you suck and will finish 4-12 there eat those apples.

11. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think that's a good point. Most superficial analysis like the one in this article isn't going to look into what the defense will/may/could be. They most likely just look at last year's record, make a judgement whether the additions or the subtractions are better and then add or subtract a few wins to reflect that judgment.

12. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    imo the holes in our defense will be exposed through out the year and we are going to lose games because of that. I think 9-7 is reasonable. You figure you are one game from either being 8-8 or 10-6...

As for our defense, the fact that we do not have a starting FS on this team is alarming to me especially after the way the back half of the secondary played last year. I am also very concerned about our LB corp in general. I am not a fan of Crowder, we are going to be converting a rookie to play OLB so god know how that is going to turn out. THe other OLB position is a huge ?

I just dont see us winning 10 games with that defense....

13. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I am not a prophet, so I'll reserve projections until we play the games.

But this time of the year, this stuff is golden, so badly want TC to start!