1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scouting the Jets..

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Arodgers12

Arodgers12 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    The Jets sure gave us a run for our money. The Bears beat them more handidly. Now we go to Chicago. I just don't think the Packers are a good team and the Jets are a bad team.

2. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    LMAO... stej made history with Geno tonight...

3. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    The Jets might lack the players but they sure don't lack the coaching, that's why they're always in the games. Geno Smith looks 10 times better than he did last year, just the confidence alone, you can see it in his body language that he's ready to play. It will be interesting to see what he looks like in Year 3 but I already believe he's going to be better than Tannehill, he just needs to make better decisions but the accuracy is almost there and he gives his receivers a shot at making a play.

4. ForgotMahArrows

ForgotMahArrows Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Geno's definitely got a bright NFL future.

I still don't understand how he fell to the 2nd round when clearly he shoulda been in the top 10 picks of last year's draft... he's the only one that stands out in that very weak QB class. Was it because teams bought into that dumb Nawrocki report about him??

As for the Dolphins: It's a deep concern that the other teams in the division probably already found their 'guys' in Geno, Garropollo, and Manuel, whereas the Dolphins are really at a crossroads with Tannehill. It's by far an "iffy-er" QB situation for the Dolphins. And next year's QB class is looking as lackluster as last year... it's just not looking good.

5. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I watched two QBs just throw the football without a care in the world, Cutler and Geno. But when Geno was on, he looked ... impressive. If he can clean up his decision making I think he could be something.

Cutler making the throws he does at this stage of his career is ridiculous.

6. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I didn't think Geno looked good. Lets get something straight....any QB will succeed with a clean pocket and wide open receivers.

I'm more concerned with how a QB reacts to pressure. Geno reacts by running backwards from sacks, rolling out 15 yards behind the LOS and throwing dumb passes or winding himself and throwing out of bounds.

He's also dumb as a box of rocks from what I've seen of him.

7. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I think Fans of the Dolphins are at a crossroads, and that's partly cause many are at a crossroads with Philbin, and even Ross. So its our persepective that Tannehill is letting us down with the losses piling up.

Fans of other teams still see talent and promise with Tannehill (to be fair, at least many of those I speak with that wish they had Tannehill, etc). Different system, different run organization, different environment without all the nonsense this franchise from ownership downward has produced while worrying about the product on the field producing wins.

Tannehill is still looked at as a young up and coming QB with potential - even from the media and NFL elite opinions. What the experts say is whether Tannehill can grow and show that promise while he is in this organization and all the sacks that have occurred, etc. They also see he isn't shining right now, but they haven't ever said he lacks the ability to shine. And most of the ones I have heard all say it would be a mistake to bench him for Moore. Its not a free pass, its a logical stance that Tannehill can be the QB we want him to be.

Would be mistake to think otherwise based on being on this message board with dissatisfaction rampant about the entire culture currently engulfing this franchise.

8. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Local radio guys were killing Geno today. Said he makes way too many mental errors and they cancel out any good he does.

Some are already calling for Vick lol.

9. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Well if it's mental errors they want...