Sean Avery suspended for insulting GF of Flames Phaneuf
2 replies
NHL suspends Avery indefinitely for comments, pending hearing
The NHL has suspended Dallas Stars' forward Sean Avery indefinitely, pending a hearing with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, and Avery will not be playing in tonight's game against the Calgary Flames.
Avery is being suspended for disparaging remarks he made this morning in reference to Calgary player Dion Phaneuf and Phaneuf's girl friend Elisha Cuthbert, who previously had a relationship with Avery.
"I am really happy to be back in Calgary, I love Canada," Avery said on camera this morning in Calgary. "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about. Enjoy the game tonight."
Hahahaha.....wow. And after his comments I was sooooo looking forward to watching tonights game. Damn NHL.

"FreeStyle wrote:
So talking about his ex-girlfriend gets you suspended? That is pretty weak.IMO
It is not weak in my opinion. Avery went to a reporter and spoke very negatively towards a woman. The NHL has female fans, they do not want to be seen as a league that simply shrugs off their players demeaning woman, no league needs that. He needed to be muzzled, I just wish it was 20 years ago because it's hard to get attention (like he is always looking for) when you are eating through a straw.
I only wish the NHL acted this swiftly when it came to on ice matters.
I'm glad they gave Avery a slap in the face. He is too much of a chicken **** on the ice to stand up for himself. He is everything that is wrong with the NHL today. If the instigator rule did not exist Avery and other players of his ilk (Jarkko Ruutu, Steve Ott, Matt Cooke, Jordan Tootoo etc.) would not be in the league anymore. I've never understood why the NHL just allows these idiots to run around on the ice hitting anything that they can while ignoring the puck. The goal of the game is to get puck possession and try to get into a position for a scoring chance. Players like Avery use that as a sideline, their real goal is to hurt people and that is not hockey in my opinion.

I'm on Twitter @ut_pez
Talking trash about an ex. Nothing out of the ordinary. Inappropriate place to say it though. It's something you can say at a bar or in the locker room amongst friends (maybe rivals), but certainly not out in public. Unless he's been reading those viral Forgetting Sarah Marshall ads that popped up on billboards a while ago.
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39
