1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season finale: Dolphins vs Jets game thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Serpico Jones, Jan 8, 2023.

1. StaleTacos

StaleTacos Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2022
    You can make this stuff up because you just did. LOL. No one has said this.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
    resnor likes this.
  2. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    I did ???
    Then maybe the boys not right. Someone mentioned that. Was it you? Or him? Or maybe the other one. ?

3. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Just read something from McDaniel that says he's not even thinking about Tua playing next Sunday until doctors and Tua say that he's ready to go. He emphasized that he cared more about Tua the person than Tua the player, and all decisions will be made based on what's best for his health, etc. He also added that he's not saying that because he wants to create some kind of drama or suspense around this; he really doesn't know and he's not going to try to rush any decisions.

4. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    no, but it was something like Tua can't be\won't be on the field due to the protocol. Reporter asked him if Tua would be on the field.

5. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    How did this game day theead, which we won end up being another Tua debate?

You guys need to get a life!

6. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    Where is the debate? Question was\is if Tua is allowed on the field while in protocol.

resnor, brandon27 and StaleTacos like this.
  7. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Which if you read the thread meant he wasn't healthy and is far from playing. He's not right.

Where are you getting "He wasn't standing on the sidelines yesterday so he should be ashamed of himself. "

Where did anyone say he should be ashamed of himself? Like you are purely making this up and creating a strawman. Just stop.

dolphin25 and resnor like this.
  8. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Ah OK. So that probably means phase 2 or lower.

Phase 3 you can be on the field: "The player-patient is allowed to practice with the team in sport specific exercise for 30 minutes or less, with ongoing and careful symptom monitoring by the medical staff."

...so he's not on the field.

Phase 2: "He may, however, attend regular team meetings and engage in film study."

He's in team meetings, but per Bevell he's not in QB meetings/film review and working with medical staff. If I had to guess, since he's not in QB meetings, not on sidelines during games, and the way McDaniel is talking I would think he's still in phase 1. Just my educated guess since McD playing everything close to the vest.

resnor and dolphin25 like this.
  9. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Not what was said but not totally unfair since he was being criticized for not being out there here

I actually assumed the first post was full tongue in cheek until the second one happened

RGF likes this.
  10. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Rap thinks Bridgewater is the guy. On Tua: "Every day he gets examined and that's all it is for the day."

11. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Just stop, he says. LOL
    If Tua threw for 299 yards, 4 TD,s ,no picks.
    The FIRST thing out of your mouth would be " If he didn't under throw Hill in the 2nd quarter he would have had well over 300 yards.".
    Then you, (.all of you ), would tell us how it was all Hill, Waddle, etc. that should be credited with the 299 yards, not Tua.
    You need new material.

12. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    You created a strawman. Got called out. Then in response, created another strawman.

As you said, "you can't make this stuff up."

13. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    LOL, feel better now ?

14. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016

There had BETTER be changes on the defensive side of the ball, not “could be”.

dolphin25 likes this.
  15. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    This is my fear with winning yesterday. It's saving jobs of people that shouldn't be saved.

16. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    If McDaniels cares about having a long head coaching career, he cant be “married” to the quarterback, players or any of his staff. I expect significant changes or additions from all areas.

17. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    He is a tough spot with QB. He certainly built him up.

resnor likes this.
  18. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Divorce isnt easy but necessary. Tua is not dependable

dolphin25, mlb1399 and resnor like this.
  19. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    It's not like McDaniel was provided with another option at QB. Tua was the QB with no other prospects when McDaniel was hired. So his choices were prop up and get the best out of Tua and be head coach OR you don't become a head coach. Easy decision. Remember McDaniel had no other prospects. He wasn't like Daboll who passed and went with the Giants & Jones. I'd wager large sums of money Ross goes after Brady in offseason. I'm sure McDaniel will be on board with bringing in the GOAT.

He was a first time head coach who barely had experience as an OC, and the organization liked the defense. My guess is the defensive coaches were a condition of him being hired, and he's definitely not married to them. I think the question is does Ross give him the power to hire his own, OR does he/Grier make the choice for him.

20. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    It is pretty clear his praise of Tua as a player wasn't phony and he did really believe in him and they are obviously close as well but I doubt he would put his foot down if they wanted to bring in Brady. The franchise is boned either way if its Ross trying to force Brady on them though. It should be fully between whoever the GM is and McDaniel.

It was reported at the time before McDaniel was hired that they wanted Boyer to stay. So maybe not technically forced but pretty much forced on him. No reason to think he didn't pick the rest of the staff so no reason he doesn't have the power to get rid of Boyer and pick the replacement.

dolphin25 likes this.
  21. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    It was, at least the testosterone part. Then you decided to argue like it wasn't, and acted like your opinion on it was more valid.

I think it's very possible that Tua would avoid being on the sideline for a number of possible reasons.

22. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    So no specifics. It's just anyone who doesn't agree with your perspective and who DARES to voice their opinion is a poster who hates Tua.

You're every bit as close-minded on this as you accuse the "haters" of being.

You look at the situation a certain way, and you therefore characterize things in a certain way, and ignore things or minimize things. Others look at it differently, and they choose NOT to minimize or ignore things. That doesn't make you right and them wrong, or them right and you wrong.

23. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    Except I didn't. I definitely saw that post and scratched my head a bit but didn't comment until other people gave their 2 cents on why he might not be out there.

I thought for sure nobody was ridiculous enough to use him being in the tunnel as way to criticize him. I really should have known better.

24. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    It's weird for an injured starter to not be in the sideline to support his team.

Also, while the post about testosterone was tongue in cheek, the point I was making about Tua and the rest of the team, is that everything about them indicates that they are soft.

25. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    I don't see getting Brady as boning the franchise. It doesn't cost the team anything but money. It's pretty much the best stopgap you can ask for while you draft and develop a QB longterm.

As for the rest of the staff, they kept a lot of the same people. Not sure what input Grier had there. Maybe he liked some of them. Maybe some were loyal to Grier over Flores and were rewarded. I think McDaniel will have expanded power to pick his own guys. I think he earned that. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see Grier overstep.

dolphin25 likes this.
  26. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Tried to read your post open mindedly but right off the bat you claim that I disagree with anyone who doesn't agree with my perspective .

Wrong.
    I disagree with those who try to get us to think we shouldn't believe what we see with our own eyes.
    They think Tua is merely a product of his receiver's. The receiver's are elite, no question, but if it's their ability that inflates a QB's stats why the dramatic drop-off when Tua is out. ??
    I said it countless times I'm not a total Tua homer thinking he can't do any wrong. Nope, sorry that's not me.
    I'll say it again if he starts to degress or it's inevitable he will never stay healthy then we kick his a$$ to the curb and start all over. Won't be the first time we done that.
    But, when I read asinine posts questioning why Tua can't even be on the sidelines with his team mates ,or trying to assume he's not right because of it, that nonsense needs to be called out.
    I also urged the doubters to just admit they dislike Tua no matter what he does, and to admit they never will like him only because they didn’t want us to draft him. All the negative nonsense proves it, just admit it and let's move on.

27. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Dude. Again, you disagree with anyone who doesn't see it your way. You are willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the team/Tua/doctors whatever. Some of us aren't.

For instance:

So I read a post that says that Tua wasn't sitting on the sideline for the game. I haven't seen anyone say ever before that player in concussion protocol can't even sit/stand on the sideline during a game. So it seems really strange, and, as someone who played some organized sports, it seemed very odd that a player wouldn't be on the sideline while injured. I commented about the team being soft. Now, I didn't make that post with any malice or ill-will towards Tua or anyone else. I don't have some agenda that I'm trying to push, it was just a comment that popped into my head. You see it, and comments like that, in your opinion (seemingly), are evidence of someone who hates Tua and is always trying to portray him in a bad light.

Our perception is our reality, even if it doesn't match up with someone else's perception.

StaleTacos likes this.
  28. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    OK fair enough. But can you explain where you drew the conclusion that Tua wasn't on the sidelines because the team is soft.?
    Suppose MM suggested he stay out of view during the game as to not be a distraction ?
    Do we know for sure concussion protocols allow a player to be involved in the action on the sidelines ?
    I doubt, I mean I highly doubt Tua did not want to be out there. And if he was out there all the questions and assumptions about his progress would be abundant.
    Personally, I have no idea but I can't say I agree softness played any part of it.

29. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    They are boned if its Ross making the decisions. He can help make it happen if the GM and coach want Brady but he shouldn't be making the call. Last thing that team needs is Ross getting more hands on.

30. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Disagree. The last thing the team needs is Grier making decisions. Ross' worst decision is keeping Grier. I firmly believe Grier has incriminating photos/texts of Ross.

hitman8 likes this.
  31. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    Obviously Grier should go and the new GM should be making those calls. Regardless of Grier staying or not there is no improvement to the franchise if Ross starts meddling more.

32. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Was not about Tua being soft.

33. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Nobody should be reading anything into Tua not being on the sidelines. I don't know what the rule is, but there are definitely rules and protocol around injured players being on the sideline during games. I remember years ago wondering why Pennington wasn't on the sidelines when he was injured and someone provided a good explanation on why he couldn't be out there, so this isn't just a thing with Tua, it's a thing with all players.