1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

See how Dolphins players ranked at their position this year

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NaboCane, Jan 10, 2014.

1. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Most likely a subjective opinion about whether sacks, misses, etc. were RT's fault or not. Most of these ratings are subjective regardless of watching every snap. I actually met a guy who worked for PFF once. He was assigned two teams per week. I don't recall what positions he was assigned. What I do recall is how little about football he knew. He was barely a fan. When said when he started he couldn't have identified the difference between a 3-4 and a 4-3. He understood the difference at that point but the job made him hate football. I have no doubt he half-assed his job.

GMJohnson likes this.
  2. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I assume that the task he was given wasn't exactly difficult if he had that little of football knowledge. Just a guess though.

3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Agreed. Although that has nothing to do with the discussion. I'm just offering up an explanation as to why DJ had a better pass rushing grade.

4. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Those are inaccurate ratings then. No blame for an int, and a tackle blows an assignment and gets positive number while blocking the wrong guy... PFF is great to get a general idea of how someone played. To say that x is a better player than y because of their rating is not good analysis.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

GMJohnson likes this.
  5. Phinastic

Phinastic Active Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Is there a link to these rankings? I can't find this mess to save my life.

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    well, if they have monkeys doing it then point duly noted..cant argue the point..

could of been in their infancy,and I don't think you have to be a scheme genius to grade winning and losing on a play.

I think the reason why I stick up for them is because of the recent trend of analytics entering the equation, if folks are willing to use numbers without context than why not this stuff where actual eyes are being used..use both..

I can certainly find fault in stats without context and variables.

7. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    It's in the article Bro.

if you can get it to pull up

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I sure as hell don't ever say x is better than y because of what they say..

on the same play you speak of when it comes to not knowing whos fault it was in throwing the pick..Stats will tell you it was the qb..

at least there is a chance someone watching It could see that it was a bad throw, or a good throw that was bobbled by the receiver into the hands of the defender, or if it was an average throw without optimum placement..

I think if your not watching the tape of the other guys, I think their service would be the wisest choice over pure stats.

I like to see about other guys around the league just as reference..

MrClean likes this.
  9. Phinastic

Phinastic Active Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I was talking about the full list of rankings... I can't find that.