Self Healing Fabric

1 reply

Aug 15, 2016, 05:00 PM

http://www.fastcoexist.com/3062798/self-healing-clothing-made-from-squid-teeth-can-repair-itself

They isolated proteins in squid teeth which have the ability to go from a liquid form to solid in the presence of water. Then they turned it into a coating which they applied to normal textile fabrics. As a result, apply heat, water and pressure and rips in the fabric heal up.

There are a number of applications they've got in mind for this aside from the textile industry.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Aug 15, 2016, 05:07 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

http://www.fastcoexist.com/3062798/self-healing-clothing-made-from-squid-teeth-can-repair-itself

they isolated proteins in squid teeth which have the ability to go from a liquid form to solid in the presence of water. Then they turned it into a coating which they applied to normal textile fabrics. As a result, apply heat, water and pressure and rips in the fabric heal up.

There are a number of applications they've got in mind for this aside from the textile industry.

t-1000!

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty