1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sending your resume out/Follow up tips

Discussion in 'Jobs Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I have done some reading that when you send your resume if you can, not only attach it to your email, but copy and paste it to the email so the perspective employer will take a look at it, rather then possibly shining it off. Also after a interview make sure you send the interviewee a thank you email for there time, and the opportunity. You never know you could be candidate number two, and number one doesn't work out. It will leave a good impression.:wink2:

Regan21286 likes this.
  2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I guess email's better than phone call? Good tips btw.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  3. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Another couple of tips. Dress for success when you go to your interview. Make sure you have a fresh haircut, and are stylin' and proflin' professionally. Bring with you in a portfolio extra copies of your resume, salary history, and a list of references. It is important to have these typed out, and ready to present.

I had an interview on Friday with one owner. I went back today to interview with the other owner, and in three days the first owner lost my paperwork. Luckily I had extras with me in hand.

Best of luck out there.:up:

4. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I was sending out resumes but they were not updated. They were showing the last time I worked was 2008. I have since updated my resume, and getting more calls after doing so. Just a heads up, make sure your resume is up to date when you send it out.:yes:

5. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    I had the best interview of my life last week and still didn't get the job :cry:

6. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    :sad:

Competition is fierce right now. I've been looking everywhere for something with little luck so far. Thanks for the tips FFIC, I had an interview Friday, and I just sent out a thank you email to the man who interviewed me, hopefully that'll catch his eye.

7. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    I hope everything goes your way Jimmy.

8. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Bro I wish you the very best.:up:

9. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    keep the faith brother! Use as experience to fine tune the next interview. Think about what you did well, and what you could of done better for the next one.:up:

bigbry likes this.
  10. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Another good thought is to always keep your resume up to date. the reason I say that is even if you have a job, and you may not even be looking but your networking through friends and business associates gets you in position for a better job. This way if your resume is up to date you can simply send it right away. I have a friend through my wife, that I become good friends with, and he got some really good connections in the area. I am not looking right now, but should a possibility of a better opportunity arise, I want to at least be in a position to at least listen to a possible offer.:wink2:

11. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    An awesome company to use for your resume is:

http://www.rosshr.com/

I have used them and had great success.:yes:

12. FasanoPaisano

FasanoPaisano Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Near People's Pizza
    You might also consider sending a typed or hand written thank you via regular mail, as long as you send it out the day of or the day after the interview. On my last job search, I followed up with a hand written notes on professional looking "Thank You" cards to every single person I sat down with to interview. Thanked them for the time and consideration for the position, my impression of their organization and people, and expressed a feeling that we'd work well together. I think that really stood out, I was actually thanked by the VP of Engineering for the card on a call back for an interview with the owner of the company.