1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shaking up the NFL

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by 2socks, May 21, 2014.

1. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I am absolutely down with centralized replay thats completely out of the hands of the officials on the field, and not requiring the coaches to challenge. Put an official on every game in the main office. There are only about a max of 10 at a time. Then he choses to tell the field ref to stop so the office can review. Its done quickly, and the field ref explains it and moves on. Simple.

2. gandalfin

gandalfin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    The bolded is why I like Sirius NFL Radio. That's pretty much describes it in a nutshell.

Among other things I like the idea of non flagrant pass interference with a 10 or 15 yard penalty instead of a spot foul. In lieu of this I would want pass interference reviewable. Too many bogus calls in my view.

3. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I say it every year...Holographic apes projected onto the field going ape sh*t after every sack

...and lo-jack the freakin' ball already, it's 2014, sheeesh!

4. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I like the old touchdown celebrations.

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  5. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    yea that is what I would do. I would bring back PrimeTime. That was my favorite show on television. It was so well done. Great production, good music. Best highlight show I have ever watched.

6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I would have to see it.

7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    There are definitely some fairly obvious ones I think.

-A developmental/minor league, and allow players to join it at 18.
    -Redoing PAT's (I like either elimination in favor of 2 pt tries or having the scoring player kick it).
    -Removing the ghastly PI rules (except a real mugging, when a spot could be awarded still) and defensive holding (no auto first down).
    -Challengeable penalties.
    -Better drug testing.
    -Better reply system (centralized).

A little more radical:

-Realignment. I am a big proponent, and hate the "rivalries, tradition!" excuse. The best rivalry in the game right now is San Fran/Seattle which is not a traditional rivalry at all. We can build a new rivalry with fierce competition and bad blood. I wouldn't mind if the NFL took one of the "at large" games and made it a "non division rivalry week" game though.
    -League Expansion (needed if having a London team at some point). Not a huge fan of this as the talent pool is already fairly thin for premium players like QBs imo.
    -Field expansion, namely widening. I would like to see it as it could really open some possibilities. Might be needed if cut blocking is outlawed (which it should).
    -GPS type tech for the ball and goal line.
    -Killing the Punting game (would interest me to see it in action a few times at any rate).
    -Reducing field goal points, or changing the value of the points (less for a close attempt to encourage aggression).
    -Move the damn trade deadline back to week 8 or 10. I would love to see more trades made.

8. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Still a great idea. I am sure we could come up with something to accomplish what you were wanting. I am opposed though to eliminating the human element to the game. Seems like if we did that the game would be boring. How would you get a computer to have judgement?

9. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Ok so what if you gave the best spots to the middle of the pack instead of dooming some poor chap to play on a team that will suck his whole career?

10. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    screw the top seed. If your that good, win out to win it. Giving the best team a break is almost unfair.

11. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    that would be very cool. But is there enough questionable calls to warrant the cost of installation?

12. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    I would do away with the afc east because the Patriots always gets the most positive press. and Miami JUST doesn't belong there .

I would put the Colts in the east and put Miami in the south . would change the nfc east and the nfc south .

13. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Im not opposed to eliminating NE altogether:yahoo: