1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shananhan says no to Jets

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Boik14, Jan 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    And the hits just keep on coming, per rotoworld. :hi5:

Mike Shanahan has taken himself out of the running to be the Jets' next head coach.
    This significantly decreases his odds of coaching in 2009. Shanny made it clear at his farewell presser that his No. 1 priority when seeking a new job would be the likelihood of immediate success. After the Jets, the other clubs currently looking for coaches (Detroit, St. Louis, Kansas City, and to a slightly lesser extent Cleveland) are rebuilding efforts. Perhaps if a team like the Cowboys comes up with a late firing Shanahan will bite, but otherwise he can just collect the money the Broncos still owe him in 2009. Jan. 2 - 9:38 pm et
    Source: Newark Star-Ledger

2. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Posted already in the AFC East Forum. :up:

BTW, there have been reports the Jets have said no to Shanahan and Schottenheimer (Marty) because Woody wants to keep Tannenbaum and those are guys, like Bill Cowher, who want both the HC & GM responsibitlies, or at least to put a guy in there that they know already to help them.

That is why the Jets are searching for a young coordinator.

That or they are being rejected, who knows the real truth.

3. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    You know its almost like the Jest had no plan when they fired Mangini, I mean they couldn't actually be THAT stupid could they? lol.

4. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    :up:

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Lol if I were the Texans id be doing everything I could to get him in town right now. As long as he wont be the GM.

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    ESPN crawl has Mangini as the top candidate for the Browns, the Jets on the other hand..what has Tannenbaum accomplished to deserve such loyalty?

7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I dont know about sticking with the current GM, but GM/coach combos are bad ideas. 2 jobs, 2 people.

Mangini to the Browns lol, do they not learn? Im just waiting for the college coach to get a job. Kirk Ferentz of Iowa is being mentioned alot as always.

8. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I think Shanahan's best bet is to take a year off, collect himself, collect some cool hard cash, and prepare himself to do this all over again next season. I think he needs a year off. No doubt he's a great coach in my mind. Take a year off, wait for the right opportunity, and come back and start fresh. Its amazing what some time off will do for you, and the new/different ways youll see the game afterwards.