1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shopping for receivers?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Styla, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    Miami Dolphins | Sun-Sentinel Blogs: Shopping for receivers?

baboo72, WharfRat and anlgp like this.
  2. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I have an ONKYO that I really covet.

[​IMG] :knucks:

Phinperor, WharfRat and like2god like this.
  3. xer0

xer0 xD

May 24, 2008
    Ohio
    If Detroit will give Roy up for a 2nd I'd pull the trigger...with his size/talent it would be a move that would help our team today as well as in the future...that being said I doubt they'll do it as I think Detroit is going to want atleast a 1st.

The whole Millen thing was/is a mess and I doubt they're trying to look like fools now by taking an offer perceived to be a steal for the other party...and getting a big, talented, productive, young WR for just a 2nd would probably be made out to be just that by the national media.

Honestly I'd probably be ok with giving up next year's 1st for him. If he was any older I probably wouldn't but at 26 he still has plenty of good football left. Plus we'd still be able to add some good talent with the two 2nd round picks.

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I'm keeping the 2nd round picks.

5. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Now if only Bill Parcells will see it and stop drafting/signing RB's and blocking TE's.

6. Styla

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal

Okay, I will ask. What is that and why is it in a thread regarding us looking for a WR? Or is this something between you and like2god since he thanked you?Edit, Wharfrat too.LOL

Am I missing something here?:pity:

baboo72 and azfinfanmang like this.
  7. WharfRat

WharfRat Malignant Lunatic

Nice! I was always partial to Yamaha, but Onkyo put out some good stuff too! :up:

azfinfanmang likes this.
  8. WharfRat

WharfRat Malignant Lunatic

It's a reciever.
    Back in the day, when Audiophiles built a component system, the reciever (Tuner and Amp combo) was often a good choice for those whoe didn't want the seperate pieces to build around... :wink2:

To answer your other question... it really has no business in this thread at all...

baboo72 and azfinfanmang like this.
  9. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    You titled the thread "Shopping for Recievers".

I just thought I would show you the one that I bought. I am very happy with it. Digital converter, 3 HDMI ports, Full 9.1 surround. 100 watts per channel

This is MY reciever, and I love it. :up:

EDIT: And yeah. Warf is right. It has no business being in this thread..

But much thanks and props for being a good sport.

Now then, I would LOVE to see Roy Williams come from Detroit. Actually, it wouldnt surprise me. Why was I thinking he was actually a FA after this year, in which case, he wouldnt cost us any picks, just a ton of cap-space..which fortunately we have tons of.

WharfRat likes this.
  10. Styla

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal

aww gotcha.

WharfRat likes this.
  11. Styla

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal

:hi5:

azfinfanmang likes this.
  12. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, it seems to me that between Ginn, Hagan, and Wilford, one of those guys should be able to step up if given the chance to, and Wilford would seem to be the guy just on experience.

Roy Williams was being shopped for a #1 ++ in the Spring, our #1 is a safe bet to be in the Top 15, I'd pass on that deal we just aren't far enough along to make the trade.

If Penny can't get the ball deep to Ted Ginn, R Williams would be wasted here right not.

WharfRat likes this.
  13. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I would love o get Roy Williams here. I remeber him getting like a 100 yards receiving in the first have of the Thanksgiving game a few years ago.

14. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I dont think we are in the market for a receiver certainly a receiver that will cost a high draft pick ........this year.

I just dont see this regime doing that.They have been frugal with draft picks .The most we have given up to this point is a fourth round pick for two starters.

We are not a player away from the playoffs .

15. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I think I would pass. To expensive for what he has done. I doubt our front office will invest THAT much in a WR with injury problems. He has only played 16 games 1 time so far. The injury thing is to key to this decision for me.

16. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

[​IMG]:up:

I can recall those big ol systems that took up one entire wall

had good sound though:up:

WharfRat and azfinfanmang like this.
  17. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Thats old school baby...i remember being young and taking some girls back to my first apt. turnin on the onkyo system with all the cool blue lights on..and close that deal...yeahh

WharfRat likes this.
  18. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    dude, thats funny...

Seeing that you love guiness like myself, how bout telling me how you feel about my guinness poem.....

The perfect pint of Guiness is a subliminal message from us, to you, the drinker, to test us if we truly understand the genious that is guinness. Please forgive me for the lunavy of my words, for it is not my fault...I AM the leader of this guiness cult'.

I wrote that drunk as hell in a bar that was having some sort of contest to win a pub in ireland..60 words or less to describe the perfect pint of guiness.

What the hell was this thread about...oh yeah, i would love me some roy williams..

azfinfanmang likes this.
  19. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Id give up a 2nd for roy williams. I get stuck watching alot of Lions games, and i got free tickets given to me for the lions/bears game this sunday from work... but ive seen the things roy can do... he's quite the damn receiver. we could definately use a guy like him. im all over that trade if its available to us.