1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should the Dolphins be interested in adding Kyle Shanahan to the coaching staff?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Disgustipate, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    It appears that the Redskins staff will be blown out at seasons end, and Kyle Shanahan is reportedly going to stop working for his father in the future(provided Mike is hired again). I think his brand has suffered a little bit, to the point where he might not be a lock to get an offensive coordinator job going forward. The number of teams that run that style of offense is likely to contract, with Kubiak and Shanahan both being fired.

I think the Dolphins should consider hiring Kyle Shanahan for their coaching staff as a consultant or run-game coordinator. He's introduced a lot of fresh concepts to the Redskins offenses, many of which mesh with what Miami does and has explored. I don't think they need to really push forward into running as option-heavy an offense as they have, but they have a robust Pistol element to their offense, a heavy use of "packaged plays", and a well developed run scheme, which I think the Dolphins would do well to implement.

It'd also really like to see the Dolphins shift more towards a Kubiak-style offense as well in general.

ToddPhin, Alex13 and maynard like this.
  2. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    thats why i hope kubiak is somehow coming onboard

3. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    Kubiak is going to get a lot of money to be an offensive coordinator somewhere, and I don't think Miami is going to be in the market unfortunately.

4. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    No. Nothing should be done to compromise this offensive system.

5. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    well isn't this rumor out there, that sherman might retire at the end of the year, this could open the door for kubiak pretty quick

6. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    No.

7. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't know if that was a rumor as much as someone speculating, he's not that old and I think there's little to indicate this from our perspective.

8. DolPhinPhan7

DolPhinPhan7 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Why not just bring Henning and Sporano back? :shifty:

TooGoodForDez likes this.
  9. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    why do you think this is a useful or good thing to post?

10. phinswolverinesrockets

phinswolverinesrockets If he dies, he dies

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    i would be fine with it. like i said a while back, it's not a coincidence that schaub went from probowler to garbage since kyle left houston. he also did well with rg3 until he got injured.

11. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    It's not compromising the offensive system, TooWeakForThephins. It's accenting it. :smackhead:

It'd be an opportunity to take some of the elements that we already use and improve & expand upon them. Do we or do we not occasionally run the pistol [read option]? Shanahan would allow us to run it that much better and with more wrinkles thrown in. Do we or do we not try to execute zone blocking principles? Shanahan would allow us to execute it that much better. Now that we're bringing in more mobile linemen, could our screen game use better execution and diversity considering Philbin has never really integrated that aspect into his offenses? Shanahan drastically helps that. Are we or are we not now trying to implement creative wrinkles to get Wallace & Clay extra touches to make plays? Shanahan has been great at that. All this happens w/o changing the offensive system, genius.

12. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    [​IMG]

That's you.​

finyank13 likes this.
  13. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Depends on how this season ends. If Tannehill keeps this up, it would be crazy to bring in a new offensive coordinator and system, IMHO. But if Kyle Shanahan could be added in without disrupting Sherman's system, I wouldn't beef.

14. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I think our offensive system is fine, we just need a new person calling the plays.

finyank13 likes this.
  15. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    This.....

Fin D likes this.