1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should we look to trade Jason Allen, Nate Jones or Joey Thomas to SF?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Conuficus, May 20, 2009.

1. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    The reason I ask this question is that we, as a team may find ourselves in the spot to have the depth amongst the secondary to part ways with one of these players.

Walt Harris tore a knee ligament to day, and they are perilously thin in terms of decent players amongst that unit to begin with. Offering up one of those players to the team who may be desperate may net a 5th rounder etc. Maybe Jason Allen could garner a 4th, if York has been hitting the scotch, but you never know. If we could get a 5th for one of these guys should we do it rather than wait until later to cut them for nothing?

We drafted two corners, and given their draft positions; both will be on the roster this season I would imagine. It could allow us to cut ties with one of these guys and get something in return whilst they may have some value. Just a thought........

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

unluckyluciano likes this.
  2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Wishful thinking, IMO. They would be better served to just wait until we cut one of them (if they are even interested). Pacman Jones is still available, and has a better upside than any of those 3 players.

RoninFin4 likes this.
  3. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Just for curiosity's sake, but what would the cap ramifications be, if any, if Miami were to trade Jason Allen?

4. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Pacman ain't gonna be Singletary's cup of tea out there, and all 3 of the guys we offer help out on special teams as well. They are really thin there.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/san-francisco-49ers/depthchart

late again likes this.
  5. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i would do it in a heart beat.

6. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Well, his base is $1.31 million for 2009, he is not on the books for any unamortized signing bonus... so as near as I can tell, it's a cap savings of that $1.31mill... IMO he's the only one out of the three mentioned that would have trade value and possibly get us a 6th round pick in return...

7. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Question IMO is do any of the 3 actually offer any value that would invite anything more than a 7th rounder or even that in trade?