1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SI.Com NFL Teams' Wishlists

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jdang307, Jul 25, 2008.

1. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...rdi/07/24/frankly.football/index.html?eref=T1

All the things we can wish for, and it's this? He hasn't even signed yet. I dont' wish for a rookie QB to start by week four. Unless he's Dan Marino, that means our other QBs suck and we have no choice. Sounds like Mr. Lombardi (what a misnomer eh?) wished us a lump of coal!

ATVZ400 likes this.
  2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Don't listen to that. Clark Judge of CBS was talking about how everyone has already seen that Beck is obviously not the answer at QB too.

These guys at the National level seem to kow little to nothing about the real abilities of the personnel here in Miami. They seem to base their judgements off of a very cursory, superficial examination of the Dolphins. About the same as a Fantasy Football guy in Seattle's opinion of a team he knows little about, other than headlines, highlights and stats.

People see the name "Parcells", people see "Henne" as the 2nd round draft choice this year and just assume that means Henne is going to start.

Wrong.

Henne will start if, and only if, John Beck poops his pants again this year. AND if McCown plays horribly too.

As much as I dislike some of our beat writers (Armando), they do have a better knowledge of the team. The only national guys I respect right now are Peter King and Dr. Z.

3. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ

Thanks for the link
    This guy is way off..... By week 4 the running game will be in high gear

4. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I don't even respect King. Actually he's one rung below Amanda in my book. No reporting, or insight from him. Just his opinion and egotistical defense of that stinky opinion.

Just Dr. Z, he knows his stuff!

Bpk likes this.
  5. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I would of guessed the O-line find cohesion with a young star stepping up to fill the Guard void. I think this reporter just guessed also. He threw a dart with a blind-fold on.

6. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    He got it partly right, we want to find out who our QB is. I dont think we particularly want or need it to be Henne, but finding a QB is a priority.
    Personally, I have a feeling Henne is the future, but its anyones game really.

7. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I agree. Its hard not to think Henne is the future since he was picked by this FO staff. Beck is a leftover. I think everyone knows the potential is there, but now its just finding out if Beck can make it. But I think if the FO has its opinion, they'd rather it be Henne. Personally... I like Beck. I like Henne seeing as Im a Michigan fan too. Id be happy with either of them at QB if they earn it, and they play well. I just have that feeling that the FO thinks Henne is the guy, but it's still going to come down to a competition, right now, i think its Becks job to loose.