1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SI Don Bank's - Great Henne article

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Agua, Oct 13, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Bump. This really is a FEEL GOOD piece folks. You owe it to yourselves to read it.

jetssuck likes this.
  2. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I was just about to post it.

It truly is a great read and he makes a good point, with the 2004 draft producing Manning, Rivers and Big Ben,(and Shaub assuming he can stay healthy) and the 2008 draft producing Ryan, Flacco and Henne we could be very well entering into quite the golden age of QBs.

jetssuck likes this.
  3. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Love it

4. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Very nice read. I think it's too early to crown him the second coming of Marino, but I do think that you can compare his performance in that one game. He played the role that we've been looking for for so long.

Honestly watching Marino as a little kid growing up, and watching the Dolphins since then has not been the same, there is (lessened to some degree by Pennington) a serious void at QB. Pennington helped to ease it, but if any of you were like me last year and at the start of this one you still didn't feel like the QB situation was solved, we had just found a life preserver to hold us over.

But now there's promise again. All the talk this offseason, and last season about Henne being the QB of the future is starting to show that it's a possibility. And I've said it before and I'll say it again, if we can pick up a #1 receiver for Henne, and IF he can continue to play like he did last night, one can make a serious argument that we have the BEST offense in the NFL.

The three year projection is beginning to shape up. The ship is righting itself. Last year was NOT a fluke. It's too early to give Henne the keys to the city just yet, but by god unless we see a complete flip flop from his performance in the last two games, we've got our boy.

Ok... so maybe I'm a little excited to see him doing so well... But the fact remains, if he keeps playing like this our offense is young, and downright golden for the next few years.

5. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    What I can say without much reservation is that Henne played as impressive a technical game as I've seen from a Dolphin quarterback since Marino.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  6. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Indeed.

7. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    That's the point I was essentially trying to make. It's too early to say he's the second coming of Dan Marino. But he certainly made it look like, for one game, we had that fire back in the QBs hands.

Lord, almost 24 hours later and I'm still pumped. I could get used to this.

8. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Yeah, Henne isn't going to be another Marino. But he can be another Rothlisberger.

I was impressed with the guy's poise, judgment, arm strength and touch. He certainly looked like the real deal last night.