1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sid Rosenberg: The future is now at QB for the Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Celtkin, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chad is stronger going into the season.

Chad is more comfortable in the offense.

Chad has a better oline in front of him.

I gotta feel that with those three things, the position has gotten better relative to last year. I have worries about our rungame with him at the helm, but i feel that through gameplanning, and being unpredictable, we can overcome some of those.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    I think we need a better sample to gauge where Henne is at and the kid needs more real playing time to make any vast improvement.

If we go by the thinking in this article, then Penny should have gotten the ax or demoted following the playoff loss to the Ravens last year.

JS

4. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Penny has a history; Henne has none! I have seen Penny look great and I've seen him look bad, a time or two, but overall Penny can get us there if he doesn't try to be something he's not.

Henne, on the other hand, imho still can't get out of his own way when rushed hard! I read all of this talk about the 3 second clock, well Thursday night somebody forgot to bring it to the game, 4 sacks. Does this young man know when to throw the ball away or not? Henne IMHO is trying to be fast when he should be working on quick, there is a difference, you know. All of the greats are the master of "Quick" yet they themselves agree that they are slow! Of course they can also "feel the pressure" which Henne has yet to master and and just maybe never will. Do I want him to be the guy, of course, but I have to call it the way I see it. I also hope that this FO continues to draft QB's so that if Henne isn't "the guy" we will have someone in the pipeline who will be!:up: While there is something to be said about standing in the pocket while passing and taking one for the team I would much rather see that pass completed and winning one for the team, wouldn't you ?:wink2:

fin13 and The G Man like this.
  5. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    of course the Penny is the better QB and the guy for the job this season, but to simply throw everything Henne did to the side for one lousy preseason game is pretty ridiculous. everyone goes from excited about this kid to, well he sucks after one sloppy preseason game in which Penny looked equally bad?

lets not forget before tonights game Henne was 17/27 170 yards 2 TDs 1 INT. good for a 90 QB rating.

people jump from one side to the other to quick in preseason. last week a lot of people on here was ready to crown Hillard the next Ricky Williams. now hes a bum and doesnt hit the hole hard enough.

6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    been saying the same thing again & again
    it is what it is: Pennington is the RealDeal
    our captain, face of the franchise
    & total asset to the team
    the Pennington Renaissance continues

Phinvader Bill likes this.
  7. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Good article, very correct and Henne will be fine after at least one more year of holding a clipboard on the sidelines, learning from Penny. Thanks for the link.

8. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    If we were a rebuilding team, I would be all for putting Henne in and letting him take his lumps. But we were the AFC East champions last year and you can't just throw an untested second year QB into that situation...it's not fair to the rest of the team.

Disnardo likes this.
  9. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Chad Pennington or Henne?

10. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Articles are odd on this board from time to time. One week Chris Williams is the best thing since sliced bread then the following week they demand his head and they got it too. Then Vontae Davis is showing immaturity and then the following week he is our new Savior. Now poor Chad Henne who played well in preseason last year and up this game pretty well this year he went from hero to goat. One thing I do know is I trust our coaching staff and they believe in him, let's chalk this up to a learning experience for Henne and get lets ready for the season.

Disnardo likes this.
  11. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Henne looked awful against Tampa.

12. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    So did most everyone else on the team.

LoungeRat and Frumundah Finnatic like this.
  13. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    I know I'm in the minority here but I think Pat White will be the starter once Pennington is done here. I think he already looks better then Henne. He may not have the strong arm but he is doing things Henne still struggles with i.e reading the field and looking off receivers.

14. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    White has barely gotten any snaps in.

15. LoungeRat

LoungeRat New Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Okinawa, Japan
    Pennington is the man but if he goes down I am confident in Henne. Look for him to bounce back in the last action he'll see until next pre season, or god forbid, Pennington gets hurt.