1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silver Linings?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    It's the day after. Still feels like crap, but knowing there are lots of games left helps. There are some things to look for though.

-Bye week. This couldn't have come at a better time. It's going to be an important two weeks for the team.

-Returns from injury. Crowder, John Jerry, and Odrick should all be back for Green Bay. They are certainly upgrades over what we have. McDaniel is also coming back from his one game suspension.

-It's not like we've started out great recently. 2008: 2-2, 2009:1-3, 2010:2-2. Plenty of other teams are 2-2 including the Colts. The way they lost sucked, but they were going to lose some games. They aren't in the best position, but they have time to turn it around. Will they be able to make it right? If they do it, it would be very impressive considering the teams they play and the horrible loss they are following up.

We'll know a lot about the team in the next few weeks if they can bounce back. I have a hard time believing they can make it out of 3rd place by season's end, but stranger things have happened. They've turned around seemingly dead seasons the past two years after the Arizona loss in 08 and then going to 2-4, then the 0-3 start in 2009, so who knows. Let's hope for yet another revival?

2. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    I've hoped for +20 years so you'll understand if I don't share your enthusiasm.

3. Silver lining to last nights game? At least you get a new ST coach.

4. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

The Silver Lining's name is Vontae Davis. No CB in the AFC East is playing better than him.

5. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    It sucks to have to wait so long to play the next game after that disaster but it couldn't have come at a better time.

Gives the new ST coach an extra week to get things straightened out, and the whole team in general. Gives Ronnie, Odrick and Jerry time to heal and get back out there as their injuries have been big for us.

6. cowboy82nd

cowboy82nd Member

May 21, 2010
    You want a silver lining.... here's one for you.... we can't lose next week.

eric and finyank13 like this.
  7. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008

true... it's a bye week :lol:

8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    We'll find a way.

9. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Here is what I would take from the game if I were a Miami fan:

NE is extremely beatable. In fact, you beat yourselves more than they beat you. Come on - you spotted them 21 points. In the first half you held them to 6 points. That's impressive, considering they have a high power offense. I saw NOTHING from them that says you can't go up there and beat them in their house.

I know a loss like that is upsetting, but if you have to lose, I'd rather lose like that then just get dominated on both sides of the ball like NE has done to the Jets in years past. They'd come into the Meadowlands and just kick our *** and I knew there was no chance of us stealing a win from them.

You guys beat yourselves. Clean up those ST mistakes and you will more than likely beat NE later this year. I think you are the better team.

10. k-bayfinfan

k-bayfinfan Bikini Inspector

Jun 24, 2008
    Oahu
    I can't believe it........ the voice of reason coming from, of all things...a jet's fan?

We've been 2-2 before. I'm sure lots fin fans wanted Tony's head after Arizona 2 years ago too. Then what happened? The Fins slapped a big ol'jock strap into fitzy's big azz cake hole the follwing week.(Phins-38/ NE-embarassed)

After the not-so-special teams fiasco in the 3rd, the complextion of the game changed and took us out our game plan, on both sides of the ball.

The fact that Vontae Davis held Moss statless is huge in my book. NO ONE HAS EVER DONE THAT!

WE ARE NOT AS BAD AS WE LOOKED LAST NIGHT! WE WERE BEATING THEM ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL!

11. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    It is pretty frustrating considering how it went down. I mean after two interceptions Dolphins still had a 7-6 lead. Then there was the Kick return, blocked punt TDs which the Dolphins answered with a Touchdown to cut the Patriots lead to 6. So after 4 huge mistakes they were still only down by 6 points against the Patriots.

Then the Pats marched down with the run and scored, so it's hard to ask Henne to have to keep coming back from that in just his 17th start. To cut it to 6 then go down again where you need 2 TDs is tough. And they started to, then the blocked Field Goal return for a TD happened and you knew it was over anyway.

They have 2 weeks to work on Special Teams. The defense wasn't horrible, they held the Pats to 6 points even after the INTs. Moss had 0 catches. I know they had a chance to come up big when the Dolphins cut the lead to 6, but it is one of the best offenses in the NFL, and holding a team like that to 6 points in one half is great.

We'll see what happens. The Giants suffered two humiliating losses, and then came out and dominated the undefeated Bears. NFL is a crazy league. The loss to the Jets wasn't humiliating, it was a good battle between two similar teams. Hopefully we avenge the Pats loss in January.

k-bayfinfan likes this.
  12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Davone bess and Cam Wake flashed in a serious hi level way.

13. k-bayfinfan

k-bayfinfan Bikini Inspector

Jun 24, 2008
    Oahu
    You should see how the Pats made Cam wake a non factor in the 2nd half. It was embarrassing.:no:

The RT couldn't handle wakes speed at the Point of Attack, so all he was doing was letting wake have the outside, then he'd pivot between 120- 180 degrees(almost like basket ball pivot)and just shivered him out of the play using Wakes own momentum.

14. Oghma

Oghma Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Scotland
    Silver lining? At least if they make the playoffs now they will have overcome a huge amount of adversity to get there. So they should be well prepared for anything that the post season can throw at them.

Colorado Dolfan likes this.