1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverphin's Mock Draft 1.0

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Silverphin, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Round 1:

Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia - Joey Porter is a great pass rusher. Problem was, he was basically our only pass rusher. Plus he isn't getting any younger. Clint Sintim, along with the acquisition of Cameron Wake, should be able to improve our pass rush, which, in turn, improves the defense.

Round 2a:

Louis Delmas, S, Western Michigan - One of the best safeties in this draft. He's a hard worker and is active on the field.

Round 2b:

D.J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt - Adding him would make our secondary dangerous. While Will Allen, Andre' Goodman (if he is re-signed), and Jason Allen are not a bad group in of themselves, Jason Allen's injury brought Joey Thomas to the forefront. And we paid for it. Adding D.J. Moore would add another ball hawk in the secondary.

Round 3:

Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland - He has speed, size, and consistency, with his yards per reception never dropping below 14.5.

Round 4:

Frantz Joseph, ILB, Florida Atlantic - This guy is a second day gem. He can move from sideline to sideline and is a very sure tackler, leading the NCAA in solo tackles and ranked amonst the top five in total tackles. He is also a smart and hardworking player, able to read the QB and make crucial plays, as he had shown in the Motor City Bowl and the Texas vs. The Nation game.

Round 5:

Ray Feinga, OG, Brigham Young - One thing plagued us during the season was lack of offensive line depth. When Donald Thomas went down, the right guard spot became a weakness. Then Justin Smiley went down, leaving Samson Satele, torn labrum and all, with little help on the inside. Ray Feinga is a huge guard at 6'5", 331 lbs who can provide quality depth.

Round 7a:

Lee Robinson, ILB, Alcorn State - He's been very productive. Granted, it's been in D-1AA, but that is still pretty impressive.

Round 7b:

Zeek Zacharie, FB, Louisiana-Monroe - He can play the H-Back position real well, having great hands and averaging over 400 yards per year in receiving yards during his college career.

Round 7c:

Corey Small, CB, Florida Atlantic - Unfortunately, he injured himself early in the Texas vs The Nation game. But he can stick to his man and can support the run.

2. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    Now how did I know before ever even opening this thread that Franz Joseph would be somewhere in you mock. :lol:

Just kidding with you bro, nice mock, just not sure if Heyward Bey would fall to the 3rd, other than that I like it.

Silverphin likes this.
  3. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I would be thrilled, but there is no way DJ Moore is there. Also funny to have Kiper's pick for us in the 1st to be our pick in the 3rd. I am hoping your right tho

Silverphin likes this.
  4. PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN

PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Nice Mock.

Silverphin likes this.
  5. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I have seen a lot of mocks that have Sintim dropping into round 2 and a lot of mocks with Moore in round 1.

Who knows, but I will be ticked if we pass on Kenny Britt in round 2 if he is on the board.

Silverphin likes this.
  6. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    I have seen a Mock where NE takes Sintim ahead of us. :tantrum:

I hope Sintim or English falls to us and would love them both as our 1st & 2nd rd pick.

i really like your mock SP. :up:

Silverphin likes this.
  7. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Heyward Bey will have to not pay his taxes, get caught smoking from a bong in South Carolina, and giving birth to octuplets in order to drop to the 3rd round.

Rocky Raccoon and Silverphin like this.
  8. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    theres not much chance your 3rd round pick will be there with our 2nd, much less the 3rd. also, i highly doubt that either of your 2nd rounders will be there either.

Silverphin and PSG like this.
  9. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    ......and even then.

Silverphin likes this.
  10. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Why stop there? How about Rey Maualuga in the 4th round, Duke Robinson in the 5th, and Alphonso Smith in the 7th. :lol: Just kidding, man. Sorry. I couldn't help myself.

Silverphin likes this.
  11. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Overall your Mock looks good although I believe Frantz Joseph would still be on the board in the 5th round and his teammate Corey Small is likely to go undrafted.

Silverphin likes this.
  12. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

I am rethinking whether it would be a good thing if we draft those three guys now.

Silverphin and The Aqua Crush like this.
  13. truedus

truedus Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Holy crap! I am getting drafted? Never played a lick of college ball in my life. I don't know how the AF is going to like me having to leave the middle east for draft day though.

Lol....:tongue2:

Sorry, I get amused easily.

Silverphin likes this.
  14. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    :pointlol:

15. skippysphins

skippysphins Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    the poconos
    silver i like that draft hope it comes true !!!

Silverphin likes this.
  16. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I really couldn't imagine better first 3 rounds.

Silverphin likes this.
  17. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    If Heyward-Bey lasts to the 3rd round I will buy you a replica Miami Dolphin jersey of your choice from NFLShop.com

Silverphin likes this.
  18. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    This would be a very good mock covers alot of needs.

Silverphin likes this.
  19. KMoorez

KMoorez New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Not a chance. No way Moore falls out of the first round. And Heyward-Bey is a late 1st or early 2nd. I do love me some Delmas, though!

Silverphin likes this.