1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sirius NFL Radio to broadcast live from Dolphins training camp 8/14/09

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Paul 13, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan will be broadcasting live from Dolphins' training camp on 8/14 @ 3pm Eastern for a whole FOUR hours. They typically interview a bunch of players/coaches/front office personnel and give their own opinions on the battles raging in camp. I wish I wasn't working tomorrow as I'd want to catch the whole thing rather than snippets.

If you are not a Sirius subscriber you can still gain access to the show by signing up for a seven day free trial... click here:

http://www.sirius.com/freetrial/register

2. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Thanks for the reminder, i didn't know it was tomorrow already! At first i was dissapointed that it was one of the last stops, but on the bright side, i would rather all the interviews now that camp has been a couple weeks in.

Tim and Pat have some pretty fair opinions on what they see and who they trust. Looking forward to it.

I will help translate on here what i can hear. I'll be at work so not sure i'll be able to get everything.

siciliansith and Paul 13 like this.
  3. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    Don't we have to play Madden on the 14th its a national holiday or something lol!

Kidding thanks for the heads up. :up:

Paul 13 likes this.
  4. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Thanks! I hadn't even checked to see when they were going to do it this year. But today as I was listening in my car to them from Tampa Bay practice, they had a commercial about it. It's funny because I think it's the only commercial I've heard announcing where they are going to be broadcasting from... one of those freaky coincidences. :shifty:

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  5. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I'm one of the few on this message board that don't play Madden... :tongue2:

siciliansith likes this.
  6. siciliansith

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    Thanks that was easy sign up, look forward to tomorrow rock on

Paul 13 likes this.
  7. siciliansith

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    :no: :no: :no: :tantrum: :angry: :cry: :pity:

:hi5:

8. The Aqua Crush

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Gil Brandt knew you were listening :shifty:

Paul 13 likes this.
  9. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Gil Brandt's memory is amazing. He's like Rainman in that you can name any player from the 60's or 70's and he'll rattle off what college the player went to, who they played for in the pros etc. he's 76 years old!

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  10. dwhorton

dwhorton New Member

Mar 6, 2009
    yes i will be listening and recording.

Paul 13 likes this.
  11. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    What is "madden"?

Paul 13 likes this.
  12. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Glad I'm not the only one :lol:

Paul 13 likes this.
  13. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Don't worry about missing anything while at work, I'm fairly sure you can listen to all the interview on the Sirius website.

Paul 13 likes this.
  14. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    the interviews maybe, but not the entire four hours! :shifty:

By the way, how you doing PSG? I miss those "short" trade negotiations!

15. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I plan on leaving work tomorrow to "visit a client" around 3pm... At that time I'll be in my car, with sirius on, on my way to pick up my copy of madden, then driving home listening to tim and pat at phins camp, then getting home to play madden, and listen to sirius online! Im pretty excited to hear what they have to say about our rooks, and our roster this year. Tim and Pat are great to listen to, I'm glad we got them doing our camp on their tour.

Hopefully some of our members here can stop by their broadcast location, or can call in with some questions, and maybe put in a plug for the site! That'd be cool!

Paul 13 likes this.
  16. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    definitely plug the site if you call in!

17. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    And its up and running!

18. The Aqua Crush

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Just tuned in 20 minutes ago...not much on our phins except how they plan to handle white, and judging what they know so far, their training him as a 3rd qb not a wr/punt return and qb. So he may be inactive some weeks.

Also...bess should be starting opposite of Ginn. He is excellent route runner and catches ball really well. He had a ton of balls thrown his way in Hawaii and knows how to run pro routes. He's quick not fast. So switching to the outside can he gain seperation underneath ginn's routes. Different than playing the slot as a third. Cammarillo is looking good and might not start but will play A LOT.

There has been way too many stupid eagle/vick questions calling in...lame...more to come EDIT: (next caller is pissed about vick stuff on dolphins day lol)

No doubt JT starts. No question over Roth (who they mentioned isn't even practicing)

Henne suprised them how good he looked today.

Team may be better with less wins.

Won't evaluate CHad P. for next year based only on wins this year. Pending on Pat whites dev. should be a an open competition for starting qb next offseason. Chad will be evaluated on other terms than just wins.

Vontae struggling (from caller), no not from what they saw, smith is just a little ahead right now. Predict he'll start in the nickle (just their guess), vontae looks good, just classic parcell's competition going on. Esp. in the secondary, which is a good thing.

Flip 90 play...flip to ricky, Bell comming the whole way down. Ricky blew right by him. Lots of options. Ronnie and RIcky look great. Don't overlook cobbs. Ricky has never looked so fast to them.

Sparano comming up soon. 10 min or so. They are hoping that Dan Marino is going to join them as well! Probably later this afternoon

We'll be running against ATL. Week 1. That is our fav. matchup. Tony Gonz. is their matchup problem against our safeties. Not a knock against bell/wilson just a matchup that ATL will try to utilize. Their run d is weaker, so heavy running dose comming week 1, as that is our fav. matchup to exploit.

Crowder: Caller: looks like he takes some plays off, and his pass coverage wasn't always there. Could they explain. Even tho he got a new deal our coaches won't let him take a play off. not here. Tobor will push him. Tim is a huge fan of Akin, part of the triangle of middle backers and NT, they could even move roth inside eventually if Wake can play the outside effectively. Just a long term speculation of course, or a possible option.

Sparano:

no progress with roth injury yet. Henne has worked his tail off, weight room, buzzer to release ball, studying plays, understanding what they do down here.
    Pat White, they feel he's comming along. They evaluated him that they think he is great at making completions down field. Sounds like they view him as a qb. 66% comp. % in college.
    Jake Grove, another solid player, qb of the offensive line. Tough player. Saw him in a game last year.
    Donald. Started him slow in TC. Not having any problems to date. Take it one day at a time. Murphy has grown the most. Come along nicely. Saw it in tshirts in the spring, and it has come along with the pads on. Nate Garner, A. Gardner, Frye (swing inside outside guy.) lots of possible scenarios. Good young depth on the line.

3 Wides: Cammarillo has done great in rehab. Great competitor. Bess continues to do what they saw last year and expect. Hartline and turner both been great, they now need to see them in a game. Ginn has really improved. Better in's and cross patterns. Keep him on the move across the field. Ginn's route running has been vastly improved. Chad's touch on passes works on that type of patterns for the starting wideout. And they know they have a qb who can make those throws. Really like Tony McDaniel. Options on D line with him. Works hard.

DB's: Sean has been up recently. Vontae has physical tackler, good coverage. Jason allen has had a nice camp, bounced him around a bit. He's happy.

Cam Wake: Every day is a learning exp. Some really good days out here. Best first step out there amoung that group. Just needs to get more consistent.

THats it from Tony...

Tim and Pat: Parcell's has always brought in summer interns that are former players. They speculate thats why Glenn is there helping out.

Grove if he stays healthy is much more physical, and said Satele was good for a second round pick, but you need a physical guy there and grove has that.
    Depth at guard isn't great, shawn is comming on. But it needs to be seen during games. What will shawn look like come game time during pre season. They like Smiley. Said to caller to watch the interior of the line in preseason. Don't look at names, look at the numbers so you don't pre judge guys.

We are in the hunt for the division. Were not going to back down. Brady changes the division no doubt. But they could see 9-10 wins. Possible wild card and will push for the division. Barring any brady setbacks, they think the pats are the favorite, lots of firepower. Question the pats pass rush. Joey Porter and JT are a better pass rush. They really think JT will have a great season.

Caller: Mad about Henning / sparano opening up the wildcat. (not a phin fan obviously) now lots of teams using it and only limited personel that is out there. Sparano has brough back credibility to the phins. Starting to see him in the same light as Shula. Tim said there's a long way to go before that comparison can be made. :lol: no kidding. even sparano would concur. Anyways good props to sparano from a non dolphins fan, about bringing the phins back to their winning ways.

Penny, JT, Porter all comming up...

Likes the team on D. Loves JT here. So many guys who can rush with hand in dirt or standing up. Torbor, anderson, wake, porter. lots of diff. looks comming at any time. from many guys.

OLine: Need the interior to stay healthy. Love the tackles. Best bookends in the division. Question marks come up if the interior gets banged up.

JT is a great role model. Hard to evaluate Thomas right now. Not lots of contact (half pads today). Look at Dthomas on monday. they need to get him in there see where his push on the line is at during real time. To really see where he's at.

Their pressuring Ted Ginn, coach thinks his stamina and route running has both improved. Don't think he'll be a true number one but will be a really good wideout. Has a bright future.

Hartline, really like him. Moves his hips well, route running is good. Knows how to turn body on vertical routes. Underutilized in college. Skinnypost route is done really well.

Henne's ready now. but what Pennington has done, he has to be given a chance this year. When chad P. moves on, Henne will get his chance, patience is needed.

JT is on:

Being back in miami: Like riding a bike. Never forget. Loves being back. All the people.

More difficult being in DC. Family is here, has to pay taxes up there :) , Redskins were good to him.

Can he play a few more years: Yes and yes. He feels great and knows he can play a few more years. Likes the 3-4 d. He can play longer having the ability to stand up more instead of the three technique.

People said he's not good against the run, he took that as motivation. He really focused on it.

Hasn't played a game for Tony, but already loves him to death. Little tough, rough around the edges but very detailed, organized, clear with his communication. doesn't leave any stone unturned. Very diligent. Football guy through and through. Loves every moment of it.

On having JPorter on the other side to get more attention, where that was usually him. He joked and said lots of sore rib days, he wishes it on JP. Then they all laughed.

The 5 technique: Starts inside. Ferg is as good as they come. Very crutial.

Langford really got it last year. Even seeing him on the field now, compared to tape from last year, he's really improving. He's going to be great.

Chad P. was a pain in JT's side for many years, the guys just wins. Really glad to have him in Miami on the same side.

On the wideouts (pat turner impressed pat): got a good group of guys. lots of who's the number one talk? more of a group. On turner, he's big and tall, typical #1 frame.

Wilford: Can he make the transistion to TE. He can in his own way. Might not be the prototypical TE but he wasn't the prototypical DE when he entered the league either. Ernest needs to find his way to be effective.

Happy Vick got a second chance. Paid his debt. Time to move on. Everyone has their opinions, not everyone has to agree. Everyone makes mistakes and this is his turn to make good.

Pat got fired by Parcells, btu they had a better relationship afterwards. JT and Bill have a good relationsihp. BP helps him with tips, new position for JT. Some of BP greatest players were 35 yrs old. More respect and understanding now. About a 12 handicap on the links. Not as good as Dan :)

How's Zach doin in KC: DOing really well. he's comfortable and enjoying it.

19. The Aqua Crush

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I'll start a new post...last one getting a little long...

Callers again:

On the secondary: Jason allen has had his best TC so far. Smith is just slightly ahead. Not nessecarily will turn out that way. Both will be on the field alot this year.

On pats: We saw what the giants did and never got to see what other teams got to implement because he got injured week 1. Other teams will be blitzing the way the giants did. The phins pass rush looks great, and have many personnel who could break that pats oline and disguise looks to be effective against brady, like the giants proved it could be done. Lots of guys are gettin it done with regards to blitz packages. It could pose problems. Very telling to see how the pats handle the pass rush.

Wake: Lots of schemes available with who rushes and who drops. could be very effective, he'll be rushing from standing, not his hand in the ground. Line backer not DE. Lots of load up possibilties with him, JP and JT on who runs and who drops. Could be effective in confusing Qb's.

Ugh. the 400th vick caller. Go away! We get it, he's getting a second chance. and no one knows how he'll be used yet.

Pennington comming up...sorry missed it, i am at work and had to leave the office :(

Porter on now...

Looking forward to playing other teams instead of his own teamates in TC. They understand what TS expects. People know their expectations and their looking for their places right now.

On competition: They are lookign to do their work, get pressure on qb's. it will be great having JT out there too. And he looks forward to holidng up his end of it too. The Dcoordinator is really been great with matchups. Gets him in the best situations to find success.

Pat thinks there could be 3rd downs where Cam wake, JT and JP all out there. No doubt. JT has been really great addition to get more pressure.

Henne is learning lots and his arm is amazing. No doubt it's Penny's team, but Henne will be a good qb when his time does come.

Pat White learning the plays, take control of the offense, get the ball off in time. He's absorbing as much as he can early. Things will start to work out for him. He's got the right attitude.

BP is an evaluator. Doesn't rest, always wants to help a guy get better. Always has an answer, which is a great thing. Builds relationships with guys. He felt he wasn't a parcells guy at first. Don't have to be a yes man. BP accepted who Joey was. Didn't know JP very well. But started to get to know him and respect him how he worked and play. earned his respect. Just watches you non stop. Really took time to learn who joey was going to be.

On Jake Long: feels he gets the best workout going against jake. Brings it every play. Jake is jake.

On Gibril replacing Renaldo: Makes our safety bangin. Really comes downhill. Renaldo was good, but Gibril is a little younger and comes downhill fast in run support.

On Vick: Paid dues. Learned from mistakes. Guy like Tony and the commish vouching it says a lot. Playing against him, had a couple sacks, fumble good day. Then vick runs ATL back into the game goes to OT. Very explosive on offense.

Thats it from JP.

Ireland on now:
    Ted Ginn devloping real good. 3-4 is in progress but coming along good. 2 corners drafted to help the secondary. TC has been tough. Only one on non injury list, only one injured. Really good start.

On Henne: Buzzer clock drill. Rythym passer. 15 balls fired before it went off. Gets ball out fast. Cut down on mistakes from last TC. Nice placement. Very strong arm. Excellent teacher, Lee and Pennington are great to him. Would be suprised if Chad P. isn't a coach after his career.

On Pat White: Different scheme here. From a run offense to a pocket type of role. Had to help him with mechanics from early on but he's been better. Starting to make better throws. Doesn't get rattled if he has a INT or bad play. Very poised. Keeps comming. Hasn't got frustrated. He's a gamer. Has great wheels and "it" factor.

On Ginn: Knows his vertical, on his horizontal running... They need to see him be quick, seperation. Has been much better with his cuts and seperation this offseason. Much quicker and playing with speed.

Lots of rotation with the WR's, various guys stepping up. Lots of competition.

On pat Turner: can get in and out of breaks like a small guy, yet he's big. lower legs are built like 6'1 but his upper torso is long. Strong cuts.

Jake Grove: Looked at the NT's in our div. And saw oakland play all our opponents. Grove went up against all of them. More physical there. Like what they scouted on grove from his play last season.

D Thomas: Coaches have been patient getting him back up to speed. Murphy has stepped up and good competition there with even a couple other guys in there too.

Jake Long: They got more than what even they expected. Lead offensive line drills. Repeats messages of coaches. Can't hurt him with an axe (Bill Parcell's Saying) Couldn't be happier with Jake.

53 man roster: depending hwo your playing your nickle corner could be playing more than your third LB. Based on who you play. Teams that spread it out lots you need good depth at corner. Great group of safeties. YBell can match up against various position. Strong competition back at safety. Going very well back there.

On Sean Smith.: Reminds Pat of Perry Williams back with BP and the Gmen. Sean has great feet for a tall guy. Runs well. Very good ball skills. Could be a step behind a WR and his long arms and body can make up for it. Working on stop and starts. Matches up well with big WR.

Battle with Starks and merling DE's: Don't pay any attention to depth chart. Lots of rotation and see what is the best fit during what downs. Finding right fit when.

On Depth behind Ferg: Starks can play there if needed. Paul solia has developed well. On inactive list last year a couple times. He's learning hand placement and very hard to move. Nice young talent and has come a long way.

For Nickle and Dime: couple canditates would be nate jones, 3rd safety dont' know yet. Will allen might go inside sometimes. Green has played inside too. Vontae might as well. Lots of comp. Two young corners will be on the field lots.

Thinks were better on depth. Players have no question where the staff / fo is at. Last year there was uncertainty of what was expected early on. This year, they get it, know what the coaches want to do. Now they know they just have to work and excecute. The expecatations have been established. More focued now.

Thats it from Ireland.

Vegas_Phin, brandon27, fin13 and 7 others like this.
  20. The Aqua Crush

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Recap

What they like

Dline
    Safeties are great in the box
    Like the young WR's. Love Pat Turner.
    See a lot of the TE's. Development of Fasano. The 12 personnel. Great playaction. Pennington can sell the run game then air it out. Henning loves puttin in 2 TE's to block and open up the run game or playaction. Loves both Tackels.

They are looking for a swing tackle. They should look on the waiver wire, don't leave stones unturned, add some depth with a specialty. THink it would be great. Ron Wolf was here today. Will leave his recommendations.

D got 40 sacks last year, how will JT help. could be best tadem out there. As a pair could deliver 30 sacks.

Will be a very good team and could easily be fighting for a wild card.

And that's the program. All done.

Vegas_Phin, brandon27, fin13 and 7 others like this.
  21. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I'm good Paul how are things with you?
    I can't wait for next years GM League to see if we can break our record for "shortest" trade negotiation.

22. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I'm good, yeah looking forward to next season. :yes: