1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sirius XM training camp tour starts at noon for the Phins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by arsenal, Aug 15, 2011.

1. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    Love the training camp tours, always end up with lots of player and coaches interviews, recaps on who is performing well and the like... its on today at noon for anyone who can listen to NFL radio

2. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    wish I could listen, damn work :pity: Although there is a rebroadcast tonight at 10pm ET for two hours (instead of the three hour live version). Would love a play by play in this thread for someone that's listening live. Going to be Howard David and Ross Tucker. Hope Ross talks about the O line and what he sees. Howard David is a ball buster. Going to be very intersting. They will likely get into it with one another.

3. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Heck, yeah. I was wondering when they'd be there. Thanks!

4. arsenal

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    i'll probably be recording it to listen on my drive home from work, because its tough for me to listen while at work...

so after its done at like 3:30, I could probably find a super secret spot to upload and send links via PM, but shhhh...

FinNasty, padre31 and djphinfan like this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Please do..

6. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Howard David is just the worst. Decent game announcer but quite possibly the worst sports talk host in SoFla history, and that's saying something

7. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Awesome. I'll listen in online today at work. I'm just back from a weeks vacation so I've got alot to catch up on, but I can try and post as many updates here as I can get to. It'll be tough though. I can't stand listening to Ross Tucker though :lol: It's gonna be tough

8. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I won't be able to listen so those of you that are listening if you could give us some notes on what they're saying that'd be great.

9. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Normally I'd go through the "free trial" bit, but hopefully there are other means this yr.

10. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    The sirius Iphone/blackberry app is free and you only need the $3.00 per month internet subscription

11. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He was bad, but he'd be one of the best right about now. The local stations might as well just hire someone to shout random sports related words in 10 second spots between pyramid scheme and boner medicine advertisements.

padre31 likes this.
  12. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    On that one like a wine stain on a white blouse, sheesh the local hosts are bad.

13. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I like that Ross Tucker will be doing it. I enjoy his work on the Sirius channel. Howard Davis ain't no slouch himself.

14. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    The training camp special from the phins camp does not start until 1pm eastern. It's still Adam Schein and Rich Gannon until 1pm.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  15. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I wish that Kirwin and Ryan were doing the reporting.

Paul 13, brandon27 and padre31 like this.
  16. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Sounds like the OL is getting destroyed out there and DeGuglielmo is apoplectic about it.

Either it's having an effect on the QBs or they're just not doing well in their own right (or both), because it seems like only one out of about three reports on individual plays is positive for the offense.

17. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    My thoughts exactly. I love listening to those guys talk football. So knowledgeable, and they do a great job of even allowing beginners to understand what they are talking about. Just great to listen to.

Paul 13 and djphinfan like this.
  18. arsenal

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    wtf, siriusxm site says 12:00... ive been recording for a half hour, good thing you told me because i would have had a lot of crap i dont want recorded

Paul 13 likes this.
  19. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Interesting things at RB. Nic Grigsby working ahead of Kory Sheets, Lex Hilliard not getting many snaps.

My take: Hilliard not taking snaps because he's a known quantity, not necessarily because he's not likely to make the team. Grigsby working ahead of Sheets may be result of preseason/practice performance though, and therefore may be significant. Sheets did not impress me during the game and I wasn't that high on his college work.

20. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    i'll try to post some notes but im at work so they might not be all encompassing. Logging in online shortly.

21. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Hey....how much do you all think we will see from the starters Fri, night....

Has Sparano said whether we will do any game planning at all?

22. SCPhinFan

SCPhinFan Junior Member

Jan 6, 2008
    It is from 1-3. Tim and Pat are the best IMO, but I like Ross Tucker because he tells it like it is and does not hold back.

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  23. SCPhinFan

SCPhinFan Junior Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Same here. Ill do my best to get some info out to those who can't listen.

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  24. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    he said that Bush and Marshall will start.

25. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

-Sparano said he felt the o-line played like it was the 7th practice (which it was).

-Ross Tucker says defense is excellent, despite not having any major names (that should change this year)

-Lots of major changes on offense, which is a concern.

-Who will be the feature back (going over Reggie Bush stats and that they don't feel he is the right bellweather back)?

-Ross Tucker thinks Reggie will get 15-20 TOUCHES as opposed to RUSHES per game (which is what I think too), but Reggie wants that workload. Tucker thinks Daniel Thomas will eventually be our version of Shonn Greene

-Questioning why Marc Columbo will be better than he was last year (or what we had there last year). Tucker thinks Carey is an upgrade at RG with Carey, but a lot of movement on the line, which makes you not feel great about the line.

Paul 13, Pandarilla and dolfan22 like this.
  26. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Some early notes...

Ross doesn't seem to be to thrilled with our OL. Says every position along the line is a cause for slight worry. Long is hurt, walking tenderly on a knee, and has the shoulder problem. Incognito is serviceable only. Pouncey is unknown. Carey at RG is an upgrade over Jerry who was awful last year, and Columbo recovering from injuries could be serviceable they hope. Lots to worry about with all the shifting.

- LB corps is solid.
    - Solia was crushing Thomas in practice earlier
    - Neither Howard David, or Ross has any concerns about our D.

Paul 13 and dolfan22 like this.
  27. Samphin

-Jake Long looks like his knee is hurting as well as his shoulder.

-Smith/Davis have established themselves as starting corners

-No concerns with our linebackers/front 7. Praised Soliai in practice today (made some big hits on Daniel Thomas)

-Defense is going to have to carry the team early in the season until the offense catches up. Jared Odrick was praised for his play in camp.

-Talking about Brandon Marshall now. His off the field distractions aren't needed. They can't figure out why the chemistry wasn't there with he and Henne Playcalling, not getting along, etc.)

-Thought Sparano bungled the "We Want Orton" chants and should have ignored them at thepress conference as it just added more pressure to Henne. "Everyone is on the hotseat, this year." Ross Tucker thought both handled it well.

28. SCPhinFan

SCPhinFan Junior Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Question marks all across our O-line.

Said Solia had a great practice today. Nailed Daniel Thomas a few times today.

Pretty much love our defense, like adding JT, Odrick (due to injury), and Burnett.

They are bringing back the pass on Matt Ryan for Jake in the draft. Ross Tucker sticking up for us stating how do we know Matt Ryan or Flacco would perform well here with different circumstances.

Wondering what options we really have if Henne doesn't cut it.

Tucker basically said if Henne doesn't play well there will be many changes around here. Referring to Sparano's job.

Paul 13 and dolfan22 like this.
  29. SCPhinFan

SCPhinFan Junior Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Started practice at 11:30 today and just finished. Said it is kinda odd to do this in the middle of the hottest part of the day. They are going to ask Sparano why.

After practice immediately started conditioning

Interviewing Kendall Langford now. He says even though people do not have high expectations for the team this year, he said their personal expectations are very high. He said did more install during meetings this morning and then take it to the field. He says he loves our defense. Nolan allows people to make plays. He just talked Solia up big time. Said opponents myst bring "A" game to go up against Solia. Said dept at D-line is amazing. Odrick is going to be a big addition coming back. He said their goal is for the defense to be better than last year. He said no offensive line gives im fits but doesn't really like the Jets.

Odrick gets interviewed next.

Paul 13, SICK and dolfan22 like this.
  30. Samphin

-Steve Ross's comments about wanting the Dolphins in primetime is being questioned since the 1:00 games were such an advantage for us in year's past. Ross Tucker says our practice times are odd as they are practicing in the hottest part of the day (which he thinks is by design to take advantage of said conditions early).

-Kendall Langford joins them. Says you have to block the heat out and work through it.

-Howard David said expectations are low for Miami, and how do they dela with that? Langford corrects him and says they THEIR expectations are high.

-Practice is set up where they install formations/plays in the morning, and take it to the practice field that day.

-Loved the transition to Nolan's defense. Thinks it fits his game perfectly.

-More praise for Soliai (the hit on Thomas must have been huge)

-Langford talks about the depth on d-line. Thinks the strength of the team is the d-line (I agree). When guys switch out, nothing is lost.

-Kendall is working on "dominating on a consistent basis" this camp.

-Hates the Jets the most of our rivals.

-Odrick is up next

31. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Sean Smith just explained it was behavioral issues that got him benched last year. I'm not sure if that was known, but first time I heard it.

I might have misheard, but I think Ross Tucker just called Sean Smith Jared. N/M he's interviewing Odrick too. I'm working and listening at the same time...

Paul 13 likes this.
  32. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Long has been out due to his knee ... unfortunately...

The Oline is a mess ...

Again ...

33. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Was just about to post this...

He said that last year he wasnt benched for his on-field performance, but for his off the field issues. When asked what those issues are, Sean kinda laughed and wouldnt go into it, but said "I'll just say that last year I was real immature, and was not taking advantage of my opportunity to be a Miami Dolphin".

So, it looks like thats the real reason he was benched last season...

Paul 13 likes this.
  34. Samphin

-Jared Odrick is up now. His rookie year wasn't great due to the injuries.

-Felt a lot better than he expected when he started practicing this year.

-Lydon Murtha cheapshotted him in practice (lol)

-Spent all of last year rehabbing.

-Talking about JT. Says he is all about being a professional. Says he is very, very efficient on how he prepares. Odrick is trying to emulate that.

-Asking him about our O-line. Thinks the Carey kick inside will be good for us (very big, hard to move). Also gave Murtha some praise at LT.

-Sean Smith is on set now. Mention that a lot of corners got paid big money this offseason (thanks dopes).

-Sean Smith says he was real immature last year, which is why he was benched early last year. Said he wasn't taking advantage of being a Miami Dolphin. Ha dnothign to do with play.

-Said that Parcells "can be" intimidating because of his reputation. He never felt intimidated by Parcells though, thought all his convos with Bill were productive.

-Sean Smith signed EVERY kids autograph after practice (nice dude)

-Asked about Brandon Marshall. Smith says that working with him is a battle every time.

-Talking about the weather now.

-Howard David asks both Odrick and Smith why we weren't so good at home last year. Odrick feels that we fed off the adversity of being on the road and made it an advantage for us.

-Smith's perspective was that he thought after we got a big win on the road, that we became too relaxed when coming home. Rinse, repeat.

Paul 13, SICK and dolfan22 like this.
  35. SCPhinFan

SCPhinFan Junior Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Odrick says it feels good to be back. He said his foot feels much better than expected. Laughing about 1 on 1's today when Murtha gave him a shot in the ribs. Says JT is a great professional (he was actually a little pissed). Just watching him in the locker room and preparation is something he is trying to learn from him. Said O-line looks good. Says the move for Carey will be good for him. Said it is hard to move him. Also said Murtha is playing well in Jakes place.

Interviewing Sean Smith. Smith said he put himself in the position he was in last year because of some off-the-field immature issues.

Odrick sounds pretty cool. They said he signed all autographs for the little kids.

Smith said going against Brandon is a battle every day. He thinks after big wins on the road last year they seemed to relax and when they came home they may not have been up for the home games as they should.

Paul 13 and padre31 like this.
  36. vt_dolfan

Nasty....

Who the hell is that in your AV man......damn!!!

If shes rootin for Henne ...it can only be good!!!

FinNasty likes this.
  37. vt_dolfan

Hey...by the way...thanks to EVERYONE for breakin down the Sirius TC.....very much enjoying and appreciating it!!

Paul 13 likes this.
  38. SCPhinFan

SCPhinFan Junior Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Huge downpour and they are not sure if they will be able to get more interviews.

Paul 13 likes this.
  39. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    You should see the whole picture. I cropped it to make it a little more appropriate... ;)

SICK likes this.
  40. fin13

fin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 29, 2009
    Waterloo
    Thanks guys,I think Odrick is going to be a factor this year