1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Siruis XM NFL Radio...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Ryan Clark has been plastering himself all over the media lately, building a resume to work for ESPN is some capacity. He's touched on everything from player saftey to the Martin/Richie scandal.

He mentioned something this morning on NFL Radio that really got me thinking that despite how poorly our GM search was conducted, we still are in a better spot than we were last year simply by ridding ourselves of Jeffrey. The interview tidbit went SOMETHING like this.

I remember when I was a free agent and I was going to visit the Miami Dolphins, on the plane ride down I had gotten very excited about the prospect of playing in South Florida almost to the point where money might not be an issue. Then when I got in the complex and met with the GM I started getting the impression that it wasn't a family down there, I started to feel very uncomfortable the more I spoke with the GM, almost like he felt like he was doing ME a favor or something. By the time I got back on the plane? There was a better chance I would sign with the Denver Broncos after that!! (Chuckles)

Anyone familiar with Clark knows it is impossible for him to sign with Denver due to his sickle cell disease and the altitude.

So this was a HUGE shot at Jeff Ireland IMO, it's not the first time he has spoken negatively about that trip. Couple that with it getting out that Jake didn't feel welcome by Ireland?? We had a genuine douchbag in our FO for a long time who created bad vibes and a bad atmosphere.

So despite the unimpressive hire on paper, ditching that dumbarse was the best thing we could've done.

RGF, sports24/7, smahtaz and 5 others like this.
  2. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    That's pretty telling and not good. We heard that in the past that players didn't like him.

3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    definitely a lot of uncertainty in the air with Hickey taking over. I'm not going to get caught up in all the negative hype around Hickey. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves me wrong.

RGF and Fin-Omenal like this.
  4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    :yawn: He's trolling any hot topic he can to bring attention to himself as a tv personality.

5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Yes he is, but his complaints about the visit have been known since the trip.

6. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Right. So why's he bringing it up again? Especially now that the GM he's talking about is gone?

No ****s should be given.

I'd of asked him if we added a rapist or two if that'd help improve the family feel to the team.

7. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

I kind of skip all that and concentrate on the point he made. Ireland was a d--k, the reason I posted what I heard is because it confirms some other "rumors" We had heard in regards to players feelings about Jeff.

We should all hold hands and sing a song to celebrate the fact he is gone.

NolesNPhinsFan likes this.
  8. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Ya from other esteemed minds like Channing Crowder and Sage Rosenfals lol

I can't help but laugh when a guy from PIT has the gall to say our team, or any other team for that matter, didn't have a family vibe to it.

Clark might be a comedic genius if nothing else.

9. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Yeah, he has been lately...bottom line he is a guy that decided [for whatever reason] to stay in Pitts...the offers were fairly similar, as I recall... If he didn't like the feeling in Davie, that's fine...quite a few decent prospects have signed, even if Ryan didn't...it's not telling of anything other than he didn't feel comfortable for the differences in the salary...he can say what he wants, but the salary had an effect on his decision...

10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Thing is, Ireland was a d--k and Wheeler, Wallace and Ellerby signed.... The bottom line is how comparable are the offers...if they are close, at the point in his career that he was, why uproot his family and whatever. If he didn't feel warm and fuzzy with Ireland, so be it...

No big deal cause he's not the only one who didn't come here AND he's not the only guy that DID come here and the GM was the same...

11. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    I think it's odd they came in one year, I wonder if he was told or finally realized that his ego needed to be checked at the door. Then I read how he made Jake along feel.

No matter how we slice it, just glad he's gone.

NolesNPhinsFan likes this.