Skylar

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by tirty8, Aug 27, 2023.

1. tirty8

tirty8 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2016
    I was a huge fan of Skylar Thompson at this point last year. Boy, what a difference a year makes. I truly am disappointed. It feels like a year into the system, he really has not progressed at all.

He looks good when his first read is there, but I think he is lost when goes through his progression. I think that he is a case study in quarterback vision. Going from Tua to Solar, you can really see just how much Tua sees and just how little Skylar sees. He also seemingly throws a really bad pass every game.

In my mind, Skylar's roster spot is contingent on what other QBs hit the waiver wire. I am open to keeping him if nobody better is available, but my eye is wandering.

resnor, dolphin25 and Tuanon4Life like this.
  2. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    I didn’t see the last game but I tend to agree. He seems to have one game or 3/4 of the game and then just looses it.

dolphin25 likes this.
  3. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    If they get down to the #3 again they are screwed no matter what. Its not like they are going to win games with Will Grier.

4. tirty8

tirty8 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2016
    PJ Walker just got cut. He would be an upgrade.

5. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    He does not process fast enough. I would see the receiver open and scream he is open then Skylar would throw it. Defender would be on him by that time.

Finatik likes this.