1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleepmakeswaves

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by peastri, Apr 1, 2008.

1. peastri

peastri iD'Artiste Luxury Box

Mar 25, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    yes, I'm back to pimping my cousin's band.

They just released their first EP the other day "in today already walks tomorrow" 6 tracks of, imo, pure awesomeness. They've also had it stocked by one of Sydney's top metal music suppliers. And though their music isn't metal, the lead singer of Lord (formerly Dungeon) told them he wasn't too excited about taking the stage following them when they were recently the support act for one of Lord's promotional shows.

Don't be turned off by the fact that I put "metal" several times in this post as that's not their genre, they seem to have found a niche that appeals to most if not all people.

So anyway thought I'd share. Hope you enjoy...

http://www.myspace.com/sleepmakeswaves

[​IMG]

2. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Nice stuff. They are very hard to put in a genre because of their style I guess. They play some things very light and alternative-like that reminds me of Snow Patrol. But then they have a progressive rock sound that sounds more or less of a simplistic Dream Theater. The fact that they don't have vocals is very unique and I kind of like it being the vocalist tends to steal the attention.

And these days, just about anything can be metal it seems. I guess I could see where you could use the term metal for them. Metal in the 70's would be more or less of Led Zepplin, Deep Purple, etc.. but fast forward ten years from now and the metal sound is different in the likes of Guns'N'Roses, Metallica, etc.. Once again, another fast forward. You have metal bands such as Slayer, Smashing Pumpkins, etc... Then in the 2000's it brings you bands such as Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, etc. Look all the different types of metal: Speed, Power, Thrash, Hardcore, Metalcore, Black, etc... the list goes on.

Is this band metal? In a sense, yes. But would metalheads get upset at them being called metal? Probably...

Anywho, give your cousin props, it's pretty good music and had a very unique sound that I could probably listen to more than once. I'll consider downloading their E.P.

Zeke0123 and peastri like this.
  3. peastri

peastri iD'Artiste Luxury Box

Mar 25, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    thanks, I'll let him know. But yeah, placing their music into a specific genre has been difficult for them but it hasn't stopped them they've been quite successful for the relatively short time they've been around.

4. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    Nice fresh sound Penny. I like it :)

peastri likes this.
  5. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    [media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=vkf7ccmbM8M[/media]

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=61ZAqQJL1pY[/media]