1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small-school prospects can have big impact

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 21, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    To me there list of five or six names was a bit short, and a couple of players could go late in Day 1, if they are there in Day 2, it is like whole new draft.

Sidbury, Williams and even Willie Williams are solid prospects.

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    A kid you don't hear mentioned much is Tennessee State's Javarris Williams. He's a good small school player. He's not going to burn you but he's quick and makes good cuts. Has good vision and is patient from what I've seen. Problem with him is that he's not the biggest guy at 5'9 1/2 but he's tough and 223 pounds. He had the opportunity to play division one ball in the big 12 but passed on it because he wouldn't be an immediate starter.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I've been trying to keep an eye on the small schools and Div II schools there is a good crop of Linebackers and a couple of Defensive Tackles who will play in the NFL this year.

ETSU's Newton is an interesting prospect, he's 300 pds and a center, but he's weak at the POA and more of a finesse player, to me he is the type we could see be a UDFA in camp this year.

And a Te Boomer has singled out, Monmoth's John Nalbone looks to be in camp at least, he has been working on routes with ex Tuna guy Odessa Turner and ex Tuna guy Billy Ard has been working with him on blocking.

Baker out of Hampton, Langford's fmr College, Justin Edelman also and Russel Allen from SDSU and Vaughn Martin as well.

They've mentioned they have 12 "priority" UDFA's targeted so that bottom 1/3 of the roster and the practice squad could be seeing major flux again.

4. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    CJ Spillman--Marshall