1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SNES Classic Officially Announced by Nintendo

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Unlucky 13, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    http://kotaku.com/nintendo-announces-snes-classic-1796418700

25 years ago, I was a sophomore in high school, and used the money that I'd gotten for my birthday at the end of September to by my Super Nintendo. I had been looking forward to it for years, thanks to Nintendo Power hype, and it delivered on a lot of those promises. It was my primary gaming system for five years, until I switched to the Playstation (One) in 1997 for FF7 and others.

Now, this September 29th, Nintendo will be releasing the SNES classic, filled with a lot of the games that I loved playing back in those days when I was in HS and college.

• Contra III: The Alien Wars
    • Donkey Kong Country
    • EarthBound
    • Final Fantasy III
    • F-ZERO
    • Kirby Super Star
    • Kirby’s Dream Course
    • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    • Mega Man X
    • Secret of Mana
    • Star Fox
    • Star Fox 2
    • Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
    • Super Castlevania IV
    • Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
    • Super Mario Kart
    • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
    • Super Mario World
    • Super Metroid
    • Super Punch-Out!!
    Back in the day, I played the living heck of of FF3, FZero, A Link to the Past, Secret of Mana, Street Fighter 2, Mario Kart, Mario World and Punch Out. I never seriously considered the NES Classic, but I am really thinking about this one.

2. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    I definitely want one, but I wish it had a few more games like Chrono Trigger, DKC2, and Pilotwings

3. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Me too. Certainly on Chrono Trigger. I cant imagine that storage space is an issue. Its likely a licensing thing.

4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The game selection is OK but leaves out a lot of classic third party games that made the SNES truly great.

I recommend just using the Virtual Console/eShop, or buying the versions available on the digital store of whatever console you currently own, rather than buying the SNES Mini. Besides, you know people will bulk order the things and gouge resale pricing.