1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snippet: Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham to hold offseason workouts at EXOS

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    EXOS is out of Phoenix. I've heard of the AP place, but not them. Colin Kaepernick will also be there getting tips from Kurt Warner.

Maybe someone can chime in on the quality of the place.

Glad to see Landry being a pro and taking his craft seriously. Nothing like working out with a buddy for motivation and to bring out a little friendly competitive spirit.

Would like to see if they can make him a little quicker in space. Maybe we can have a poor man's 'Antonio Brown'. Not quite as fast or dynamic, obviously, but the closer to Brown's in-space ability, the better.

LINK: HERE

Fin-Omenal and shamegame13 like this.
  2. shamegame13

shamegame13 Madison & Surtain

Dec 15, 2014
    I think since he is such a hard worker, he can, if utilized correctly, be an AB84 type player, albeit a little slower, but the work ethic is there. J. Landry is the perfect WR for RT17, IMO. I would like to see Lazor try and get JL14 in space more and let him do damage to defenses, underneath routes are cool but he can still do a lot more then that and he just gives out that vibe of a player who has ambition to be one of the best. Some people say we need a true #1 WR, well, I think he is already here. You don't have to be 6'4'' and taller to be considered a true #1 WR, AB84 proved that this year as he clearly outworked every other WR in the league this year (although Beckham was balling out them last 8 games of year) and didn't have one bad game, that type of consistency and work ethic is hard to find and I think we have a guy capable of that on our hands.

I remember seeing a post game interview where Beckham talked about how him and Landry used to peg footballs at each before/after practice to see who would have the better/more spectacular catches... Here's to hoping these two develop a great NFL story when its all said and done:ffic:, considering that would mean the Dolphins did something right.

P.S. I'm not saying we don't need a big WR, I don't want the confusion, I understand size brings us a red zone target, I was just stating that you don't have to be 6'4'' and taller to be considered a true #1.

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    get in your shots on Kaepernik while you can..

Juice and Beckham training together in the offseason..cool.

4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I think Warner could have a great impact on Ryan, especially in regards to the deep ball. Make the trip 17

5. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    A conversation I can see between the two after Beckham runs a route more than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage:

Landry: What was that?
    Beckham: What was what?
    Landry: That route.
    Beckham: What about it?
    Landry: It was long. Like, really long.
    Beckham: Was it?
    Landry: Yeah.
    Beckham: Pretty typical route we run. Not a particularly long one.
    Landry: Hmm...
    Beckham: They don't have you running those types of routes?
    Landry: No.
    Beckham: Hmm...that seems weird.
    Landry: Yeah...weird...
    Beckham: Anyway, wanna get some pizza?
    Landry: ...yeah, no deep dish though.

Colmax, Fin-Omenal and FinSane like this.
  6. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Beckham: How long are your routes?
    Landry: I usually run backwards actually.

:P

DevilFin13 and Colmax like this.
  7. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    **Just read in another article that EXOS is the former Athlete's Performance place.

8. Marino1385

Marino1385 Banned

Jan 6, 2015
    I love Landry, this is a kid that wants it. I can respect the hell out of a guy like that. I think he will be, and I hope he remains a solid player on this team for years to come.

9. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Mike Wallace will be doing their ON-LINE program

10. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    That's cool. Landry and Beckham seem to really push each other, both guys who take the craft seriously and devote themselves to it. Gotta love it. But what I'd really love is if Landry could steal some of Beckham's athletic gifts...