1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SN's take on Tannehill's performance against Indy

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1774952-is-ryan-tannehill-ready-to-join-andrew-luck-rg3-among-top-young-qbs

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Who's SN?, link doesn't work..

3. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Sporting News. Will try to fix it.

**I'm on a tablet as laptop is being worked on. Cannot seem to get it to work. Sorry.

It was a SN link, but redirected to BR. Nice article by Eric Frenz.

4. NolePhin15

NolePhin15 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    I thought that pass got picked off initially

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    This is fun.

SICK likes this.
  6. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    On the replay Bethea is nowhere nearing picking it off when Clay catches it. He is actually still behind Clay. The angle he goes by Clay after is what created that illusion...along with Fouts.

7. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007

Back shoulder seam throw.....absolutely wonderful to see. This is not the first time Tannehill has done this, either.

I agree, nowhere near an INT.

HULKFish likes this.
  8. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    the best part of the game today is that makes it the 2 time in years that Miami has gone 2-0 . well that stat isn't good and shows how long we 've been down ,however it sure feels good seeing us 2-0 .

9. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    The game did not even get a headline on ESPN.com...

10. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Yes it did...but late game headlines pushed it down the list.

11. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    The offensive line is a reason for concern. At the rate Tannehill is getting hammered he's not going to last out the year and continue his development into a top tier quarterback. I just can't figure how they could misjudge the talent along the line the way they have. Its not all bad because there are positives there centering on Pouncey who is developing into another great center in the line of great centers Miami has had over the years. Richie Incognito is pretty solid and Martin is developing and shows signs of being good even though he struggles at times. The other two starters are questionable and its not good to be having so many questions two games into the season. The Colts did to our quarterback what our defense did to Brandon Weeden last week and the Colts aren't one of the better defenses in the league, they only sacked the Raiders quarterback one time last week. Last week the Browns sacked Tannehill 4 times so he has been sacked 9 times in two games, thats not good.

12. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Yeah, we got ourselves a solid QB who I'm not ready to crown yet but considering he's still likely played less games at the QB position than Luck or RGIII, you have to think Tannehill is going to be what we want as he continues to develop his game.

cuchulainn likes this.
  13. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

If we keep this up we're gonna get flexed to better timeslots in December.

14. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Agreed.

I used to think Fouts was ok but he's stated some ridiculous things on telecasts he's done in the past few years.
    This play was one of them and the play where I think it was Clemmons almost INT. Luck he stated Clemmons was beaten badly when it was clear he was on the WR and them peeled off seeing where the ball had been thrown.

As far as Tannehill...... I'm not at all worried about the position for the first time since the late 90's.

15. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I think Fouts is great so long as he isn't announcing our game. He hates us.

16. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Have you taken a look at our second half schedule? New England may be the only winning team on it! Not that I'm complaining :up:

They dont flex games that are expected to be non-competative. Hopefully, thats the case in our favor.

17. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

yeah, heard him talking about a great block for a miller run, but he named godser cherlious as the ol when should have been either clabo or JJ?

inFINSible likes this.
  18. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

It was Incognito , he was reading the Colt roster for a number :( then he added another Colt lineman with no correction of course.

19. pdaj

pdaj Well-Known Member

I'm cautiously optimistic that a 4-1 start is possible. Going into the season, I would have been thrilled with a 2-3 opening.

Things I like about the Atlanta match-up:

- It's our opening game at home, and we're 2-0. The defense is going to be jacked up.

- Matt Ryan will take sacks. He's good in the pocket, but isn't a huge threat to run.

- The Atlanta defense doesn't play as good on the road, and they allowed big offensive performances last season.

A huge key, in my opinion:

Limiting the big play. The Julio Jones dynamic concerns me. Got to make the Falcons earn every drive/point. Bend, but don't break.

20. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I really hope Patterson is healthy for this next game. I was pleased with Carroll's performance but having Patterson back will help. I definitely want Grimes on Julio Jones all day.

I'm a Steven Jackson fan but I hope he is healthy for week four...

21. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I was thinking something similar, I thought that it was a tipped ball or something unusual that led to that reception and long RAC.