1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So based on last night here are our needs...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Rickysabeast, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Rickysabeast

Rickysabeast Royale With Cheese

Jul 26, 2016
    Last night was pathetic. I mean just bad. It was so bad that my usual loquacious brain is jammed up and I have no effective manner to describe the shear unprecedented bumblef#ckery that was the Dolphins last night.

With that said, here are the needs as I see them in order based solely upon last night's performance. Feel free to say who we should pickup in FA, crazy trade or draft. If you don't like my observations then go start your own thread!

DE. Harris sucks. Wake is old.
    TE. Thomas is horrible. I knew we should have freaking moved to get OJ Howard.
    Entire OL. Horrible. Simply mindnumbingly pathetic that we've been fixing the OL since before we drafted Vernon Carey.
    CB. Don't care to hear how much potential our starters have. They sucked Arkansas razorback butt ravine last night.
    DC. Need a new one. Burk sucks. The defense is leakier than a busload of man sausages after a $1 Margarita bender in Tijuana.
    HC. Gase is the captain of this disaster. I wouldn't let him valet my car. He has caused us to look like buffoons on multiple national occasions.
    QB. Get rid of them all. Every one of them. Even T-Hill is at best a B average. Moore sucks, Cutler sucks and obviously Doughty sucks.
    GM or whatever Tannebum is. He drafts like crap. He isn't good at finding talent. Worse case is I can come be the GM and be that bad at it for a substantial savings.

SocaCasualuk and bigballa2102 like this.
  2. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    This will have to take a couple years and shedding of payroll. I think Miami should go and get the qb THIS year because it is a deep draft and could one of the best drafts to get a qb. Miami can shed major salary this year and potentially be smart and spend wisely on both dline and oline

CanGasePlaybook and bigballa2102 like this.
  3. bigballa2102

bigballa2102 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    id start from the bottom up not the other way. You can find coaches but players can be harder to find. id fire everyone from the top down to players then let them play with free coaches and what not and see what happens then base the players on that.

4. Rickysabeast

Jul 26, 2016
    Ok which QB? We'll be 6-10 so probably drafting around 5 or 6.

bigballa2102 likes this.
  5. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    I disagree there is a lot of hype on QB's this yr but beyond Mayfield a lot of lack luster play I see many busts of the top 4 qbs. I would draft one late 3rd or 4th not move up with the number 1 pick id pick anyone from bama's line with the 1st pick

6. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    NO QB IN THE FIRST ROUND THIS YR need OL

CanGasePlaybook likes this.
  7. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    I think this is the MOST important thing to do this offseason. People here may disagree about Gase (I want to be absolutely certain he can't learn and improve.. so I'm for a 3-year experiment) but almost every SB winning QB in the last decade and a half was either a great QB or played great in the postseason. This is a QB league and we need to swing for the fences until we hit on one.

Let Tannehill heal and try to prove himself once more while we draft a QB high next year.

adamprez2003 and bigballa2102 like this.
  8. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    That's the key is to have an actual QB competition though and not just have the damn thing marked for certain before the 1st game.

cbrad likes this.
  9. Rickysabeast

Jul 26, 2016
    I mean I guess. But I would get rid of them all. Get Harbaugh from Michigan for a boatload. Then just start doing big deals. Give up next three first round picks and get Matt Ryan or Stafford or Cam or something. I wouldn't draft a QB I would make a big deal to get a QB.

bigballa2102 likes this.
  10. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    those teams aren't going to get rid of their qbs their too young and have decent teams. I would hold off on harbaugh id go after gruden

11. Rickysabeast

Jul 26, 2016
    How many years do you want to spend on the Tannehill project? We've burned half a decade trying to get him up to speed. Fix the OL and make a mega trade for a QB.

bigballa2102 likes this.
  12. Rickysabeast

Jul 26, 2016
    Everyone is for sale. EVERYONE. If we offer the right price we can get absolutely anyone.

13. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    RT is below avg and that's all he will be and people don't see that but its fine everyone allowed to their opinion but when rt is let go like the 6 dozen qbs we have had since marino, then the realization is he wasn't a qb form jump street and we were ultimately forcing a round peg into a square hole.

14. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    do we have the right money though do we have enough to get anyone, I don't think so. Landry is gonna leave in FA and all we really have is SUH Wake and some gatorade bottles.

15. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    I'm fine with trading for a proven QB if we can do that (we could also sign Kirk Cousins who is a FA next year). In that case I'd get rid of Tannehill. But if we draft a QB high you don't get rid of Tannehill because hitting on a QB drafted high is still low percentage. If we draft a QB you have a QB competition.

16. phins18

phins18 Active Member

Jan 8, 2017
    No need to get a QB for next year.
    Allow Tannehill to come back but restructure his contract a little. Then if he doesnt fully come back you can cut him after next year for only 2 million in dead money after next year.
    Definitely restructure Suh to create more cap space.
    Cut pouncey to free 7 million in cap space. Enough of his ****.
    Trade Kiko, Branch, and Stills for whatever picks you can get and just cut bait. Stills is decent but he is overpaid, and you cant cut them because there would eb too much dead money. Use the 15 million or so in savings you'd get for trading them (would still come with some dead money but whatever) and re-sign Landry but not to a top WR deal. Find a happy medium. Then you have him and Parker and you can then go and find a 3rd WR really easily in free agency.
    Sign Jimmy Graham to finally give us a decent TE option. Give him a 1-2 year deal to let him rebuild his value, even though we stupidly passed over him in the draft when it was obvious he'd be a stud You could get a 4th or 5th for Stills and get whatever for the other 2.
    RE-sign James to a decent deal at RT.
    Cut Caroo and Grant and just admit we suck at drafting and end those experiments already.
    Go with Drake as the starter and draft a later round RB to complement him in the upcoming draft.
    Re-sign Hayes and go with Hayes, HArris, Wake, and then 1 more signing or draftee as a solid 4 man DE rotation.
    KEep the DT rotation and hope Godchaux and the other DT we drafted last year continue impressing net to Suh.
    Sign the best available guard in free agency and a decent center, then draft the best OL available in the draft in the first round. Then second and third round go with the bestLB's available and just add pure talent and youth and speed to that position because we desperately need it.

That's about all you can do in this offseason, then go with that for next season and see what we need to do the following offseason or if Tannehill shows that he is back from that injury.

17. Rickysabeast

Jul 26, 2016
    Do both.

bigballa2102 likes this.
  18. Rickysabeast

Jul 26, 2016
    I like your ideas except QB. We're more than half a decade into the Tannehill experiment. Nice kid, good hear, average QB at best. Let him stay for a big $ cut and be the backup. Shoot Moore out of a cannon to whereverthehellville and either swing a big deal for a pro bowl qb from another team or take the top pick in the draft via a move like Rams did a couple years ago. Drive the brinks truck to Harbaugh's house in Michigan and get him in as head coach. Tell Gase to go and work at Best Buy with his emo @ss. Let Marino be Gm after firing Tannenbum.

19. Rickysabeast

Jul 26, 2016
    Or bring in Peyton Manning as coach.

20. phins18

phins18 Active Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Tannehill isnt the problem, and if he restructures, the QB position can wait for a year. QB isnt our problem when he plays. It's the OL on offense and it's been the OL on offense for literally 5-6 years at this point. Give him another year after we do eveyrthing we can to rebuild the OL this offseason and then get a qb in the first round after next year if he doesnt come back well and we can just cut him for only 2 million in dead money.

21. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    I would go for a FA or let RT go, like its said hitting a qb in the draft is low percentage, id trade RT for cousins right now

22. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    if you can get a good qb id pack Rt bags for him (cousins, jimmy G) etc.

23. phins18

phins18 Active Member

Jan 8, 2017
    RT is cousins. Cousins behind this OL would be just as effective as Tannehill. I dont think you guys realize how impossible it is for anyone to play behind an OL that has been this much of a trainwreck for this long.

bigballa2102 likes this.
  24. phins18

phins18 Active Member

Jan 8, 2017
    except both of those guys arent special, are likely at about the same level as tannehill, and youd be giving up high picks/tons of money to get them. there is a salary cap and both of those guys are free agents.

25. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    your wrong RT is a below avg qb and I would put cousins on a avg+ rating what he does in wash w little receiving core id like to see what he could do with landry stills and parker hmmmmm

26. phins18

phins18 Active Member

Jan 8, 2017
    lol give me a break that Tannehill is a below average QB but cousins is above average. Cousins best year is 29 td's and 11 INT's, Tannehill's is 27 TD's and 12 INT's. Both are average, but Tannehill should be the starter next year. We have way too many roster questions and the price to get a QB is way too high for us right now to do it this offseason. Do it next offseason when all you have is 2 million in dead money for tannehill.

27. phins18

phins18 Active Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Cousins would get absolutely destroyed behind this line as would any other QB in the league.

bigballa2102 likes this.
  28. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    We gave RT a contract based of what? we didnt pay him too much? cousins has proved to not fold under pressure have a fire In him, has cousins had a rb run for 200 yards multiple time or have a pro bowl RB? that matters all im saying. cousins has way less than what RT has and he wins games. im not saying hes aaron Rodgers but hes better than RT, RT is below avg but above average to bad teams.

29. phins18

phins18 Active Member

Jan 8, 2017
    You don't know what you're watching or you dont know the personnel in Washington well enough. Most of what you just said is just straight up not false.

30. Rickysabeast

Jul 26, 2016
    If you two are going to keep responding to each other can one of you enable an avatar? Getting confusing!!!

31. Seadog

Seadog Active Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I got an idea, how about we hire smart players and leave the idiots alone. I don't believe we have but a handful of players that can keep up with what's going on the field.

I live in Denver, just heard on the radio today that the Donkies are going to dumb down the play book, well good luck competing with NE, same goes with Miami.

32. Rickysabeast

Jul 26, 2016
    What? This post makes zero sense.

33. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    how so, what personnel does Washington have? a pro bowl RB with multiple 200 yard games under his belt? NO
    a good receiving core = Jordan reed that's it.
    defense = mediocre at best.

RT = pro bowl multiple 200 yard rusher
    receiving core = good not great 3 good wr suspect at the te position
    defense = top tier

im sorry I don't see where its false?

34. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    On offense ... QB and OL. With the latter, I would prefer to sign some proven free agents - especially a proven LT, even if they cost bank. Send Landry packing if we can't come up with the money for him and OL. Shift Tunsil back to guard. He did well at G last year, he is balls at T this year. I don't trust him out there. Sign an Andrew Whitworth type player and be done with it.

At QB? Ugh, this is tough. I was not a fan of Tanny, but he did turn in his best year last year. I just don't think we trust the knee, and with that money, it may be time to move on. Lots of solid QBs in this draft, I would not mind going after one seeing how the rest of the season plays out in terms of position. Cut Moore loose as well for the money. Cutler? Bye gurl. Bottom line, get a solid line in front of a rookie and they can produce. Keep that solid line, and they make a jump.

Defensively? Need some work at CB. Howard is not good. Need work on the LB's. DL could use depth but can hang on and be OK for a year or two with what we got. Get a mid-tier FA CB to pair with Tank, hope McMillan can slide back from the injury and draft 1-2 mid round dudes who might be able to cover in space.

35. phins18

phins18 Active Member

Jan 8, 2017
    You're using a random stat like 200 yard games as if we had a quality run game last year. We still had games where we couldnt run the ball at all against most teams because our offensive line still stunk. Last year, they averaged the exact same YPC as us as well as 3 more rushing TD's.

Redskins had Deseasn Jackson, probably the best deep threat in the league, Pierre Garcon a really solid number 2, Jordan Reed, one of the better TE's in the league, and they have a great LT, RT, and RG.

Dolphins have weapons too but we have by far the worst OL situation in the league, and our run game is not nearly as effective as you think it is. And in no way has our defense been anywhere near top tier for years now. wtf are you watching. You straight up dont know the redskins and also overrate the talent surrounding tannehill.

36. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL

or could it be that you over rate RT? Like everyone else? Desean Jackson is a one trick poney he will go for a td then go quiet for 3 games then have another one what has he done with tampa this yr?, Garcon is old as well Jordan reed is really all he has plus no running game.

37. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Getting rid of Tannebaum and hiring a, Head of Football Operations who knows how to build a quality football team is the most important detail in turning this around.

As long as Tannebaum is running the football side of the operations, this football team has zero chance of becoming anything more than it is today.

Tannebaum has now proven with two difference franchises that all he knows how to do is spend a lot of money on players who would have a hard time being backups on the better teams in the NFL.

The Dolphins have one of the highest payrolls in the league, while also having one of the least talented teams in the league. That is 100% the fault of Clueless Tannebaum.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    pumpdogs and bigballa2102 like this.
  38. phins18

phins18 Active Member

Jan 8, 2017
    You continue to prove you are just spewing nonsense. Garcon was on the Redskins from his age 26-30 seasons, and even now he is only 31.Garcon had 1300 yards in the year before Desean Jackson got there when he was the number 1 WR for them. Desean Jackson is/was the best deep threat in the league. He's not an all around WR, but he is a top WR in the league because he is elite as a deep threat..

And again, just because they dont have a flashy RB doesnt mean anything. Again, they averaged the exact same YPC as a team as we did last year.

And also again, they had a dominant offensive line. Also, they havent gone more than 9-7 in any year Cousins has started, and arent doing any better than that this year.

bigballa2102 likes this.
  39. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    wash does play in a heavy division unlike Miami who gets the jets and bills twice a yr and until this year have been non relevant, so their record should be lower. with how great your claiming RT is we should at least have 4 easy wins that's leaves 12 other games so RT should win at least half of those right? so he should have a record equal to that yearly right? does he?

40. CanGasePlaybook

CanGasePlaybook Active Member

Oct 27, 2017
    Blow up the front office. Fire all of them! Then I would fire Gase and give Harbaugh whatever he wants.

bigballa2102 likes this.