1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Brandon Marshall wants to say something but can't

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Aug 12, 2012.

1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    This according to what he posted on Twitter.

I am sorry Brandon, but you really aren't the person to be casting stones on this topic. You might want to really reconsider that because your track record on this issue is very much blotted.

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    He has more to worry about then what's going on here, one thing being why does he consistently goes sideways or backwards when he catches in the open field, something I've always pointed out, and something bears fans are starting to realize.

Killer Bees likes this.
  3. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He probably wants to call Johnson an amateur.

4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    was it "keep an open hand"?

5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    He should have no comment, he was moved to a better team with a better QB and a legitimate SB threat....no need to LOL @ Jeff Ireland.

6. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    This.....good luck BM.....

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  7. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Does he want to appologize for underachieving and being a pain in the *** in his time here? Im guessing not... So he should STFU.

Fin D likes this.
  8. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Why would anyone LOL at Jeffery Ireland? Just because he got rid of talented WR with off field issues for peanuts then signed a has been WR who ends up having a worse off field issue before training camp is over? Seems like a bang up job to me? :shifty:

Section126 and Pbateman like this.
  9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Worse? Really?

10. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I guess it depends on the charges. Only comparing BM's last issue to Chad's recent event.

11. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Let me explain to you how you're wrong.

Brandon Marshall underachieved in Miami to the point that trading two second round picks for him looked like a terrible trade. Not only that, he was consistently in legal trouble while he was here. Multiple arrests, even more allegations about spousal abuse and by some accounts he wasn't even a good teammate. Coach Philbin, upon condition of taking the job, wanted Marshall gone. We were handcuffed by Marshall's 10 mil/year salary and the fact that everyone knew we weren't going to keep him once we started shopping him. It's not often that 10 mil contract players get traded for anything due to salary cap restrictions.

So out goes Brandon Marshall making 10 million a year and in comes Chad Johnson making 800 thousand a year. Huge difference.

So Chad goes out, ****s up, and the organization cuts him and moves on without batting an eye financially. If Marshall goes out and continue to **** up, well what can the organization do? They can't cut him, too much of his salary is guaranteed. They can't sit him, then you've got $10 million on the bench. The organizations hands were tied with Marshall. He had to go. So you can be upset if you want but please don't pull your old tired whining about how incompetent Ireland is because it's an invalid argument in this situation.

12. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Sooo you agree Ireland has been a substandard GM since arriving in Miami? Because nobody can say he has done a good job with a straight face.

Section126 likes this.
  13. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Brandon Marshall had the two most productive back to back seasons;his only two), since the Marino era. And he did it with no QB better than Jay Fiedler.

Sent from my iPhone

Section126 and Pbateman like this.
  14. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I would say define substandard. And by that I mean collect data on every GM who has run a draft since 2008 when Ireland took over as GM of the Dolphins. Do a comparison of how many picks hit and how many missed. I don't know what the results would be, for all I know Ireland could be well below average. I'm not claiming he's not. I do know that he has brought in some good players during his tenure such as: Davone Bess, Tony McDaniel, Cameron Wake and Randy Starks as value free agents. You also have to consider that he hasn't missed on a 1st round pick yet having netted Long, Davis, Odrick, Pouncey and Tannehill (whom the jury is still out on.) I agree that he has had his failures outside of the first round in the draft and they're well documented. But he also got guys like Hartline, Sean Smith, and one of the biggest fan hopefuls Lamar Miller.

GM's that hit on ~55% of their signings and don't blow big money 1st round picks are usually considered successful by most in the NFL. If you go back and look at the Patriots drafts over the past six years or so they have just as many flame outs as they do guys who become productive. But everyone still rides Bellichick's dick even though he's not even the GM. It's all about perception. And it's become trendy to knock on Ireland so that's what people do. I get it. He's not perfect, and I know that fans feel that players don't like him, I just wish people would stop pinning blame on him when he's actually doing thigns to benefit the team.

15. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    I like this draft class...but if it turns out to be an illusion he's gotta go next year.

16. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    yeah never mind the laundry list of events via bm lol I hope you're drunk.

17. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You mean other than Chris Chambers in 04 & 05?

Sure Chambers had 200 less yards, but he had double the amount of TDs. Is this the part where you tell me 200 yards over two years was more important to the team than 9 more TDs in two years?

Stitches likes this.
  18. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Why would I have to be drunk to say it depends on the charges to know whether Chad's arrest is worse than Brandon Marshall's last off the field incident?

19. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    why would you even try to make that comparison? When you know there were even more incidents with bm? I'm guessing because you thought you could say I told you so, but it just doesn't match up.

20. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Is that worth $10 Mil a year in cap space, the off the field drama, and 2 3rd rounders? If it was just the cap and the picks I'd say, maybe. We're talking about 83 reps, 1100 yrds and 4 TDS a year. When you add the off the field drama, the maybe goes to a hell no. I'm not talking about the stabbings, women beatings or any of that. I'm referring to the position coach move and the reports of what practice was like.

Fin D likes this.
  21. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Laundry list means one to you?