1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So How was your Saturday?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Fin Fan In Cali, May 17, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    So I am the trooper. My father in law just had knee replacement, and can't get up a ladder, let alone paint. So my wife and I go over to to do the painting. My nephew was suppose to take out the nails on the trim, and wash it down, didn't happen. Here is where gravity is not a good thing. A 6ft man at 230 lbs is not a good thing hanging upside down trying to take nails out of the trim. First off is was like 110 degrees up there, and everything is sloped. Not good for my big butt, but I did not fall.:up:

My wife does the low stuff so I take my big butt up the ladder and have to do the 2nd story trim. I am sweating up there like it is nobody's business. I move up to do the real high stuff while holding the paint tray and go up another ladder that is 6 foot, because it is too high to hop up with my sled.:wink2: Well I have been at this for a couple of hours an sweating like a pig. So me and my big sled are walking up the ladder to the top of the house all of a sudden the ladder is sliding on the second landing of the roof.:no: John goes rut row, as the ladder is falling I have to leap on to the blazing hot roof in shorts before the ladder is gone.

Well let's say that I mad it to the top landing, spilled no paint, and was like whoo. If I would of fell I would of rolled down the second landing and then off the roof totally picking up speed like no other. Did I mention my wife was painting right under me. No beer was involved, but after I got the crap scared out of me, and scraped my shin up really good, my mother in law showed up with Sammy Adams Summer Ale. Got to love her.

So what did you do today?:lol:

2. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    :sidelol: Makes me feel lazy John. I did nothing today but take care of hubby after his surgery the other day. LOVE Sam Adams! Sorry bout your shin. Funny story though. Thanks.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  3. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    I got grounded for skipping school so I couldn't do anything.:pity:

4. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Thanks Mary. I had to share it.:wink2:

njfinfan likes this.
  5. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    :lol:

6. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Glad you shared John. You rock!

azfinfanmang likes this.
  7. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    :lol:

I've skipped school about 10 times this year (I mean whose counting:wink2:) and I got caught and my parents grounded me for 2 weeks! :tantrum:

njfinfan likes this.
  8. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    It is for a good reason bro. Get your eduction while you can. Life moves very fast brother. Be like a sponge and absorb everything you can, and make the very best of yourself. You will thank your parents later.:wink2:

phins17 and azfinfanmang like this.
  9. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I got myself a new TV, reorganized my various boxes in terms of their shelf placement, bought a rack for my games, and attached my computer speakers and subwoofer to the new TV (a Samsung LN32A550.)

[​IMG]

10. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

Close. I just got my new reciever...Onkyo- TS-SX605 :up:

So, I am trying to reorganize...damn good thing for HDMI..Not nearly as many cables

Of course, now I have to come up with another power outlet. 2 Video games, DVD, 24-disc CD Changer, and my 50" Plasma is all I have outlets for....:pity:

At least I am not falling off roofs onto 100 degree rooftops.

FYI: It really is almost 100 degrees here Brother John..thats why I am driking St Pauli Girls (Dark) inside the comfort of my AC added House....:up:

11. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I've skipped school before, I've been suspended from school before, I turned out fine! (Ironically it was for skipping school haha) :tongue2:

12. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Bro my skin of my leg hit the roof, and I was up quick I tell you.:wink2:

njfinfan likes this.
  13. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Sounds like some good stuff to watch Dolphins football... oh wait, Kenny likes to stick it to the man and not buy DirecTV. :tongue2:

14. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Congrats bro! This also could be a bad pattern of things to come, and I want the little brother to appreciate what his parents are trying to do for him. I want him to succeed in life, and not to look back and say what if....

15. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Well, I've known Straz for a while, he's a good kid. Maybe a whooping from the folks would do good. :up:

16. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Nice. I'd like to get a receiver too, but I've got limited space with which to work.

Do you use one of those strip-style surge protectors, or have you made the plunge and gotten a UPS?

17. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Watched some TV, making myself dinner right now.

18. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    You got that EXACTLY correct :up:

But anytime I DO get to watch me some Phins..look out. :hi5:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Griddles is the kid that likes to pander his money to DirectTV (Reason I dont Direct is more cause I LOVES me Cable Modem :up:), but can't afford to watch it on a decent TV :ffic:

Last edited: May 17, 2008
    GridIronKing34 likes this.
  19. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Okay brother Kenny, more the reason to make a road trip to Oceanside, free beer, and Dolphins games.:up:

azfinfanmang likes this.
  20. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    A UPS? You mean a Univeral Power Supply? Nope, but funny you mention the Strip style power supply. On my way to Best Buy (Ironic name for sure) to get me a "Monster" strip. 8 Outlets with a Cable inlet. :up:

21. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Yeah, an Uninterruptible Power Supply. IMO, it's best to get one of those over a standard strip-style surge protector.

I would really not get Monster-brand anything. They're overpriced.

22. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Understood on Monster. It is on sale right now :up:. 40 bucks for a VERY NICE strip

BTW: We used to have those UPS all over the place at work. IT came and took them all out. Guess they have a bad habit of doing bad things to Computer's :up:

I dont know, my realm is all about Mechanical Engineering, and electronics is largely smoke and mirrors to me, but that is what my good friend in IT told me

Also, let me know if you start shopping for Recievers. Love this Onkyo I just scored. Does everything right, and not any downside I can see. Very "Forward" looking as far as technology..and only about 350 right now :up:

I am going to now go check out the thread I started prior to buying it and see who swaded me to buying this model. Have to get him a virtual beer.

Desides likes this.
  23. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    If it's on sale... okay, yeah, can't blame you. I'd still go for a UPS, but I admit to having strip surge protectors in my place.

They could have done that for any number of reasons. I just like the idea of having a battery back-up source for my electronics in case the power cuts off. And given that it's coming up on hurricane season... :no:

Going to be a while. I broke my bank account on the new TV, and the last of my disposable money is set aside for an 80GB PS3 next month.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  24. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I skipped my 6th period alot to play basketball. Ah those were good times.

25. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    :lol: I remember those really hot days when I lived in Florida.

26. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

Attended my best friend's wedding reception last night. They had a destination wedding in Jamaica a month ago. My wife and I were invited, but couldn't attend because she was about 7 months pregnant at the time and we didn't think she should be traveling. (Baby's due 6/25.)

27. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    went to the US Coast Guard Station Ft. Pierce for an open house. Saw the Pea Island rescue video, toured a Cutter, watched a helo rescue demo, chatted with the bomb squad and Customs. Got invited back to give a powerpoint about the USLSS. Met Woody of the Smithsonian. Good day, got to thank my local Coasties for serving.

Fin Fan In Cali and azfinfanmang like this.
  28. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Idaho
    Extremely long and confusing day for me ... women ... lol

29. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

I used to tell my Step-son this all the time when he was living here.

You only get to go through it once. Anything you were doing while skipping can be done later on in life, you only get 1 shot at school bro.
    Like Brother John said, go and soak it all up. The more you do now, the better your quality of life will be later :wink2:

Also, my hat is off to your folks for grounding you...sounds harsh, but true. :hi5:

30. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Profitable...and drunk.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  31. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    Yeah, I know what your saying it's just right now I don't see why skipping school is a bid deal.

32. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    Coming from an Iowa fan:tongue2:

33. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I don't know the school system where you are located but here in Central Florida, you can only miss eight days before you get credit denial. Also, there is a certain amount of days you can miss to get exempt from semester exams ( C-1, B-2, A-3). I try to stay in school. It's not the greatest thing to go to school because it can get annoying at times but I rather be in school than home on a weekday. At least you have friends to mess around with in class instead of sitting at home in silence lol. I tend to not pay attention in my classes anyways because its all common sense and pretty easy. :up:

34. phunwin

Yup, because giving Time Warner or Comcast his money instead of DirecTV is really a bold political stance. ;)
    Also, GE owns NBC, Westinghouse owns CBS and Disney owns ABC, all of whom dwarf DTV.

35. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    Well here in Brighton, if you miss 6 classes then your grade goes down a full letter grade. :pity: And I have 5 in each class right now, so I need to be in school every day now.

Usually when I skip, so do most of my friends all we'll go golfing, go to the gym, or just chill at my house.

I'm just going to try to do good on the finals in June so I can be eligible for football this upcoming year, but that shouldn't be too hard becuase our school only reqiures a 1.66 to play a sport and I have like a 2.5-2.7

36. phunwin

Because every class you miss is another day of material you'll have to make up. Every day you have to make stuff up puts you a little further behind. And the farther behind you get, the worse your grades are. The worse your grades are, the worse the college you'll get into.

Look, I'm not your dad or your big brother. In fact, I have absolutely no vested interest in your future, so do what you want. But skipping school leads to lousy grades. It's an absolute fact.

alen1 likes this.
  37. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I HATE make up work, another reason I stay in school.

38. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    1.66 GPA to play a sport? Ours is 2.00.

I currently have a about 2.5 :pity:. I have been slacking this year, I guess you can call it a sophomore slump. Stupid Chemistry gets me everytime, as well as Geometry. My GPA is normally around 3.3 or 3.4.

39. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I'm glad you're ok. Thanks for the story. You're great!
    DD

40. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I did nothing but play with the grangirls and a friend stopped by to visit. A very relaxing day for me.