1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So how would a Superbowl Parade down here work

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Frumundah Finnatic, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    DISCLAIMER:

I am not saying the Dolphins are going to the superbowl this year, nor am I saying that we are one player away from winning one.
    I am simply sayng that in the incredibly unlikely event this team wins a Superbowl between the year 2013 to 5 billion years from now when the Sun becomes a Red Giant and kills off whatever species has replaced humanity, when this team wins a superbowl, there will have to be some sort of parade route. and FTR I just thought of this because I caught some of the Ravens celebration, all that being said:

How the hell would that work? The stadium is NW of the city proper, and its located in suburban neighorhood.

Does the team circle around Downtown Miami and then get on the 836, back to the Turnpike to get to the stadium?

Wouldnt that be one gigantic cluster****?

Or does the parade take the scenic route all the ****ing way to Miami Gardens?

Yeah it worked better for the Heat because the AAA is in the middle of the city.

I really dont think Joe Robbie thought this through when the stadium was built, if we just had an updated Orange Bowl this would be a ****load easier.

djphinfan and NolesNPhinsFan like this.
  2. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    I don't live nor have ever been to Miami, so this is all Greek to me. But...I'll bet they'd find a way to make it work.

3. Joe Robbie

Joe Robbie The Patriarch

Dec 24, 2008
    Miami Gardens
    They'll probably do the same thing the Marlins did. Start off with a boat parade in Ft. Lauderdale, and work their way down to Miami.

SICK likes this.
  4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Being from Canada.... I have no real idea... but I think we should just win one and find out!!

5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The Heat have had two championship parades in Miami within six years of each other. The Marlins had three for one championship. Just watch those and you'll see how this South Florida championship parade thing works.

6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I think he's saying, often the parade ends up at the stadium for teams in other cities, and considering Sun Life is nowhere near downtown or anything else, how would that work?

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  7. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I wouldnt go stand in an area now waiting for it to come, because it isnt anytime soon....

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    They'd take the ft Lauderdale route down. Maybe down university dr.

Either way it would most likely because they would avoid the real parts of Miami ala the Marlins.

9. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Again thats easy to do because the AAA is in the heart of Miami so to speak.

10. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    And I'm saying they can reuse the routes that others have used. They don't have to start or end at SLS.

Heck, they can start at the Davie facility, head south on University and then move across to SLS. Or they can go down A1A from Fort Lauderdale to Biscayne Bay for ceremonies there. The stadium does not have to factor in.

11. Hellion

Hellion Crash Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Here and there
    Well start off by having you and some friends leave a local bar in a drunken stooper, as u all walk out look for things u can use to enhance the moment, like a crow bar or a bat maybe tire iron..as u walk in celebration smash some store front windows (it really shows enthusiasm) keep this up until you approach the nearest car (police car preferred) Have you and your joyous pals beat the cars windows out dent it up really well, then roll the vehical on its side or roof (lift with your legs). set the car on fire..it enhances the lighting and ambiance it also set the tone for the night. If you see a fellow fan not enjoying himself walk over and punch him in the mother f%$#ing mouth..that lets everyone know that "Hey we're here to have a great time"

Now the fun begins,,rule of thumb is the police will come by to participate in the festivities, (they enjoy a good time as well and may want to join in). First they will hoot and hollar through their P.A. system. then they LOVE to spray everyone with water..enjoy it, it's hot in Miami,,it's a great time to cool yourself off from all the activities.. now i am not sure why they shoot people with rubber bullets but my closest guess is that it really seperates the hardcore participants from the party poopers. Some people like to get deeply envolved by throwing things back at them.(rocks, stick, whatever is handy and can be used as a projectile) Try not to hit your fellow fans that have climbed up on street signs and ligh poles, you dont wanna hurt anyone that has shown such great judgement and enthusiasm for the celebration.

Next you'll wanna get a rag or maybe tear your shirt for this next event...tear gas..oh man does this get people in the mood..if you have time urinate on the rag, your skin will still burn as well as your eyes, BUT, you'll be able to breath easier. Now this will go on for hours so pace yourself, if a liquor store is near by, well you know what to do. The kids love the next part, the po po roll in with horsies..no they are not for YOU to ride, no worries they will have vans to drive you to their place for a good nights rest and recovery.

And thats how a parade could work...now keep in mind that you maybe charged fees for such fun, some you may not remember, but after all whats a little money when your team just won the superbowl for the 1st time in 40 year.

12. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sorry ....

Parade? Parade? Parade? We're talking parade???

Sorry ....

13. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Dont you love it when people flat out refuse to read?

14. Hellion

Hellion Crash Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Here and there
    Good Lord relax gentlemen, it was a joke making fun of crowds that have over reacted to sports championship by turning a feel good event into a riot.....ffs.:pity: