1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I Need To Pick Up A BackUp QB

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by slickj101, Aug 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I have Carson Palmer and I need to pick up a back up for him off the waiver wire. My options are:

Pennington
    Garcia
    Edwards
    Russel
    Jackson
    Ryan
    Orton
    Quinn

I'm leaning towards Edwards or Pennington but Im not positive.

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Edwards is a little banged up. Jeff Garcia is probably your best bet from that list, assuming he's okay after his earlier camp injury. JaManboob Russell is a good upside option, as is Tarvaris Jackson. The rest stay away from.

slickj101 likes this.
  3. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    if those are your only options, id base it on who has the best matchup during Palmer's bye week... which is week 8... none of those guys have a matchup that really stands out yet, but you never know how defenses are going to be till a few games in...

id pick up Garcia or Pennington for now, then see how the season starts to unfold and grab someone who has a good matchup that week when you need to sit Palmer

slickj101 likes this.
  4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I guess I should wait to see on Edwards or Garcia? I'm kind of trying to snag one before they go.

I might try to trade the Colts D and one of my low value players for a more solid back up.

5. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    What do you have against the Colts defense? It's a solid unit. If you have to take any defense from the AFC South, they're the no-brainer: they don't have to play the Colts offense!

Big E likes this.
  6. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I have the Colts D and Minn D. I just think Minn will generate more points for me so I was thinking of moving Indy for something.

This is my roster:

QB: Palmer
    RB: Addai, DMF, D Williams, Slaton, C Taylor
    WR: Fitz, Marshall, Curtis, Walter, Burleson, D Jackson
    TE: Cooley
    K: None
    D: Minn, Indy

Basically, I'm trying to get a solid back up for Palmer and obviously a Kicker. I know a few other people are looking for QBs so I dont want to wait that long.

I think I'll inevidably be dropping Curtis bc he'll most likely miss 6-7 weeks. I'm also waiting to see if Hou names Slaton or Taylor the starter outright.

7. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Drop Kevin Curtis for a QB immediately if not sooner. He's useless to you, especially since you already have DeSean Jackson.

I would keep both defenses and play matchups. You already have them, you might as well. They're worth more than kickers. But if you really want a kicker, just get a guy from free agency who plays on a very strong offensive team. Martin Grammatica (New Orleans) is usually a free agent in all but the deepest leagues.

slickj101 likes this.
  8. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Thanks, dropped Curtis for Garcia. Hopefully he comes back alright and puts up some good numbers.