1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so its safe to assume that we will be predictible in this year's draft ?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Aquafin, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    for the last 10 years it seems like we draft olinemen in rd 1 and 2 even though the year we took Tannehill and Dion Jordon we sure seem like everyone knows what we are going to do before the draft this year I would not be against trading down for more picks but we always seem to give up more then what we get in return when other teams trade down they get more picks and it puts them over the top.

I want to see us draft a big time running back and three olinemen in later rounds . of course taking a good tight end and another qb wouldn't bother me at all.

I was never a Matt Moore fan and think it is time to draft another qb if there is one that is good enough in the later rounds.

drafting 2 linebackers is something I can see happening but I guess its a sure thing that we will be drafting a olineman in rd 1 or 2.

is there a position that you can see us drafting besides olineman in round one.

2. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    Yes, Phins need 2 DTs, 2 CBs, FS, RB, TE, WR, and LBers as well. But other than LBers, I think all is fair game in round 1, especially with increased salary cap for 2014 and the ability to address Oline in FAcy.

3. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Big fan of this for at least LT. I really would like a proven commodity.

4. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    LOL, sort of like Jake Long?

Honestly, I didn't have a big problem with Ireland's picks, but I am glad to see him gone. It will be interesting to see how the "team approach" works with Philbin, Aponte and Hickey making the selections, but I'm not expecting predictable or boring at all. Who the heck knows which direction they'll go?

As far as the original post goes, I don't think there are any running backs in the draft that garner a 1st round selection. We're not hurting at TE (not strong either), so I see us either taking a lineman or a CB...with a possibly of taking a quarterback if a big name falls to us. Other than that, we really need to spend 4-5 total picks on linemen and that doesn't leave a whole lot on the rest of the wishlist. So yeah..it should be a boring draft, but who knows?

5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    If Dennis Hickey is being honest about his strategy then they will be almost totally unpredictable.

Disgustipate likes this.
  6. Rouk

Rouk Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hollywood, Florida
    hmm i dont think we go o line 1st round tbh but well see

7. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    if we don't sign a left tackle in free agency then we better take one in the 1st.

8. 77FinFan

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    What has he said?

9. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I wish it was September... and we'd go 16-0 so threads from certain posters that are the same drivel over and over would just stop...

10. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    bpa.

11. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Which translates to, "Best Player Available...that can play offensive line."

12. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

If they handle free agency right, they won't be locked into any one position in the 1st round of the draft, or any other point in the draft for that matter.

Mcduffie81, 77FinFan and Claymore95 like this.
  13. 77FinFan

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Thought maybe it was something else.

14. phinswolverinesrockets

phinswolverinesrockets If he dies, he dies

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    let's not get cute this year. take olinemen with 2 of the first 3 picks. its a good year for offensive tackles, dont blow it trying to overthink.

77FinFan likes this.
  15. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    I wouldn't consider signing a Free Agent cute. At least you somewhat know what you are getting if your pro personnel scouts are worth a danged which in the past I don't think ours have been. But just because you draft them doesn't mean they'll be any better. There is risk signing or drafting. You go wtih the option which gives you the most degree of certainty to keep Ryan Tannehill upright. To me that is FA. A byproduct of that is, you give yourself more flexibility in the draft.

Mcduffie81 likes this.